V-WTCC by SimBin Studios and Eurosport Events

vwtccrelease2.jpg

Eurosport and SimBin Studios are proud to announce V-WTCC, the Virtual World Touring Car Championship.
A unique motor sport concept combining the best out of two worlds: the FIA WTCC and the SimBin game RACE 07 online and on site.
During five semi-finals held at the European WTCC events, gamers will fight on site for a seat in the Grand Finale at the FIA WTCC race meeting in Monza.
Just like WTCC the virtual counterpart V-WTCC will be broadcast on Eurosport within the youth-oriented programme BUZZ.
Each round will kick off with an online pre-qualifying period and all current and future RACE 07 owners will have instant access from the game menu to the in-game registration for V-WTCC.
Make sure to stay tuned for more information about pre-qualifying and opening of the virtual paddock.

Source: FIA WTCC

Eurosport and SimBin Studios are proud to announce V-WTCC, the Virtual World Touring Car Championship.
A unique motor sport concept combining the best out of two worlds: the FIA WTCC and the SimBin game RACE 07 online and on site.
During five semi-finals held at the European WTCC events, gamers will fight on site for a seat in the Grand Finale at the FIA WTCC race meeting in Monza.
Just like WTCC the virtual counterpart V-WTCC will be broadcast on Eurosport within the youth-oriented programme BUZZ.
Each round will kick off with an online pre-qualifying period and all current and future RACE 07 owners will have instant access from the game menu to the in-game registration for V-WTCC.
Make sure to stay tuned for more information about pre-qualifying and opening of the virtual paddock.

Source: FIA WTCC

Sounds good!

V-WTCC Paddock is open!

v-wtcc02.png

SimBin Studios and Eurosport Events today announced that the V-WTCC website, “the paddock” has opened. The virtual paddock presents all necessary information such as the V-WTCC competition model and how to attend and prepare yourself to jump start your road towards glory for the coming events.

For the first time in the history of racing the virtual and real world meet in a highly anticipated virtual championship, the V-WTCC. At six European FIA WTCC races SimBin and its Partners organise the V-WTCC: the Virtual World Touring Car Championship.

“To unite both worlds under one umbrella has been a long time goal for SimBin and I’m really exited that we finally are there and the launch of V-WTCC will be a true milestone in our company and hopefully in the gaming and motorsport world as well”, said Henrik Roos, CEO at SimBin Studios AB. “ I also want to send my regards to Eurosport Events and our partners that has believed in this project since this not would have become reality without their support”, added Roos.

Through a series of online and onsite events people from all around the globe can attempt to claim a spot in the season’s V-WTCC Grand Finale on the Italian track of Monza, the last venue on European turf for the FIA WTCC season.

“This is going to be a great competition, especially since this is where the virtual and the real racing world meet. As a virtual racer I’m also very interested to see what new names will spring from the surface and what new virtual heroes it will bring forth”, said Bram Hengeveld, Event Manager of V-WTCC

Throughout the season V-WTCC Partners will present prizes that can be won in the V-WTCC competition as well as in special events around it. At the end of the season the winner of V-WTCC will claim the magnificent and mysterious Grand Prize.

“With the combination of a competition that is open for everyone, great partner support and great exposure through Eurosport this is bound to be a success. I will enjoy watching the action and seeing how the competition unfolds” said Yoeri Gijsen, V-WTCC PR Manager.

paddock22.jpg

divider.png

V-WTCC, the basics

The "Virtual World Touring Car Championship", or V-WTCC, is a unique project developed and managed by SimBin Studios in close cooperation with Eurosport Events and brands and partners of the FIA WTCC.

V-WTCC is a virtual world championship based on RACE 07- The Official WTCC Game where people from around the globe test their skills as virtual drivers in the most accurate representations of the WTCC cars ever created.
A V-WTCC RaceRoom™ Game Park will be established on location during six of the European FIA WTCC events. There the lucky and skilled drivers who made it through the online races will meet face to face and determine who will be handed a ticket to Monza. The media will be present with Eurosports broadcasting team in the front, so finally YOU have the chance to make your mark and present simulated racing to a wider audience... and show them what the excitement is all about. A strong PR and Marketing Team by Eurosport Events and SimBin will make V-WTCC a major attraction, both online, onsite and on TV.

Virtual racing is truly the rising star of motor sport, and is already being used as a cost efficient step stone introduction for young talents and new drivers before taking the plunge into the more traditional entry level racing series.

Not only budding talent, but also current veterans and seasoned campaigners of the tracks all over the world are using many of SimBin’s released game titles to keep their senses sharp during low season, or to simply learn a new track before actually racing it on site.

Be prepared for some fierce battles between the real and the virtual world, the stakes have never been higher, the competition never more intense and the prizes never been bigger. Winning the overall title and the grand prize will not be an easy feat, real life drivers will strive to beat the hottest names in simracing on their own simulated turf. Will the real driver’s instinctive understanding of car dynamics and nerves cold as ice be a match for the virtual racing stars who know every little detail of the simulation? This competition will give the answer through a series of online qualification events, onsite Semi-Finals. Finally after a tough season, at the Grand Finale on the historical track of Monza, the first ever V-WTCC Champion will arise to claim the Grand Prize.

MORE INFORMATION TO BE FOUND ON THE V-WTCC WEBSITE: V-WTCC - The Virtual World Championship

omg, just checked the calendar, and maybe i will not able to participate for the qualys for Valencia, however the exact date is not announced yet, just at the week of 4. May i will be away for the whole week... i will cry.... :( ok, there are 4 rounds after that as well....

• Nye

Valencia is for the Spanish guys Atti :circuitzolder:

j/k

Hope to meet some of you there guys, I will certainly join the show as a spectator.

Can't wait to see live the real races, and the virtual ones. I'm not sure which of them get me more excited tho :thumb:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 292 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%