V-WTCC by SimBin Studios and Eurosport Events

vwtccrelease2.jpg

Eurosport and SimBin Studios are proud to announce V-WTCC, the Virtual World Touring Car Championship.
A unique motor sport concept combining the best out of two worlds: the FIA WTCC and the SimBin game RACE 07 online and on site.
During five semi-finals held at the European WTCC events, gamers will fight on site for a seat in the Grand Finale at the FIA WTCC race meeting in Monza.
Just like WTCC the virtual counterpart V-WTCC will be broadcast on Eurosport within the youth-oriented programme BUZZ.
Each round will kick off with an online pre-qualifying period and all current and future RACE 07 owners will have instant access from the game menu to the in-game registration for V-WTCC.
Make sure to stay tuned for more information about pre-qualifying and opening of the virtual paddock.

Source: FIA WTCC

• Stirb Iuliu

When will the V-WTCC qualifications on Valencia begin? Will the servers be available from the world leaderbord menu?

I don't want to ask stupid questions but they've forgot all the details.

Thank You.

We didnt forgot the details and ofcourse you are free to ask them here and also on the V-WTCC forum.
The opening of the Paddock is just the first step towards stardom. So keep a close eye on the site and you will be flooded with details, servers etc etc soon :)

Lets see if I got this right....

At first there will be a period of qualifying. The 18(20) best of every brand will compete online to sort out the 4 best of every car. Those 4, a total of 16 will participate in a semi-final.

Those who doesn't survive the semi-final, will they be allowed to try again in another track then?
And if one driver qualify with two different cars?

THE V-WTCC ROAD TOWARDS GLORY HAS STARTED

release33_white.jpg

SimBin Studios and Eurosport Events have signalled ‘green light’ to kick off the Virtual World Touring Car Championship! The online competition for a seat in the first Semi-Final at the FIA WTCC event in Valencia starts today. Register now and qualify for the event in Valencia, held on the 16th of May.

Throughout a season of seven months SimBin and Partners will organise a huge online competition, five Semi-Finals and one Grand Finale where anyone from anywhere around the globe can sign up and battle for the V-WTCC championship title of 2008.

V-WTCC event manager Bram Hengeveld commented: “The show is finally on and now we will find out who the true stars of virtual racing are and we will be able to see how they take on each other in an attempt to become the greatest of them all.”

Next to the famous BMW 320si, Chevrolet Lacetti and Seat Leon the competition features the 2007 Honda Accord Euro R, to be injected into the on-line version of “RACE 07- THE WTCC GAME” that powers V-WTCC.

The road to glory lies ahead so go grab it at: www.v-wtcc.com

• shenken

Great stuff :)

I never played Race07 that much but seeing this kind of stuff popping up has hooked up my interested in WTCC now. I shall install the game again and register :)

V-WTCC Qualification. Driving aids or not?

hi ;did a few laps in pre qualifing v-wtcc server. noticed its possible to use driving aids. i chose not to use them to make it as real as possible. do you use driving aids in qualificationg on v- wtcc servers ? (honestly)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back