Featured V-Rally 4 Confirmed for September 6th Release

Discussion in 'V-Rally 4' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,673

V Rally 4 2.jpg V Rally 4 6.jpg V Rally 4.jpg V Rally 4 5.jpg V Rally 4 3.jpg V Rally 4 4.jpg
    Coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch this September, V-Rally 4 will end a 15 year wait for a new entry into the hugely popular rally racing title.

Developed by BigBen Entertainment and Kylotonn Racing, V-Rally 4 is, as the name suggests, the fourth edition to the long standing V-Rally franchise, and thanks to what has been a rather incredible 15-year period since the last entry into the series, the very first V-Rally game to be released on modern generation gaming devices.

The new title looks set to contain over 50 customisable vehicles and has what has been labelled as "a Career mode and an innovative online mode to transform your experience and progress".

V-Rally 4 Key Features:
    • Rally: from Kenya to Sequoia Park, dominate the most difficult routes in conditions that are often extreme, at the wheel of modern and historic vehicles.
    • V-Rally Cross: intense 8-way races on dirt/tarmac tracks.
    • Extreme-Khana: drift, precision and speed, with traps scattered over the roads, putting your driving and showmanship skills to the test!
    • Buggy: become an expert at driving through hilly terrain, adopt the special reflexes and learn the particular physics needed to win these fierce races.
    • Hillclimb: reach the peaks at the wheel of these powerful, twitchy monsters.

V-Rally 4 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 September 6th, with a PC release scheduled for 25/09 and Nintendo Switch following shortly after.

For more V-Rally 4 news, chat, speculation and all round engagement be sure to check out the V-Rally 4 Forum here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Looking forward to V-Rally 4? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. traind

traind

Ratings:
    +182
    Is this more sim or more arcade?

3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,673
    As a guess I'd say arcade, but I've not had the chance to put my hands on it yet so can't say for sure..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. omanrak

omanrak

Ratings:
    +14
    Looks to be another console arcade off road racer if you ask me...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ahmbouth

ahmbouth

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh **** !
    - Vrally : September 6th
    - Dakar 18 : September 11th
    - ACC : September 12th
    I'm so broke :'(

• Haha Haha x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Tommy makeinen

Tommy makeinen

Ratings:
    +5
    arcade or no, V-Rally should be better PC launch than G-Rally:poop::speechless::sick:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Tommy makeinen

Tommy makeinen

Ratings:
    +5
    I
    the sep11 release may be huge hit... but a gamble.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. AntoN_CheZ

AntoN_CheZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    Anxiously awaiting news of support for direct input. My WRC 7 copy became useless when I upgraded to OSW. Just when I made peace with the FFB and enjoyed the lovely stages. I barely got a chance to play more than a handful of stages before I sold the Fanatec gear, which itself lacked support at launch.

We shall see.

9. omanrak

omanrak

Ratings:
    +14
    All you need is Assetto Corsa: Competizione.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AyrtJ97

AyrtJ97

Ratings:
    +17
    I like V-Rally, I like the cars I have seen, HillClimb looks interesting but... I don't know, procedural stages (didn't have exactly a good experience in DiRT 4), close to the launch of F1 and Dakar 18, the game looks worse than WRC7... I saw lot of potential at first, but seems like it have banished.

11. T04STY

T04STY
    Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    You can definitely pass on the first two.

• Like Like x 1
  12. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +126
    Credit for V-Rally 3 (I think...): the CD had a nice (for 2001) copy of Climb Dance with Ari Vatanen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +19
    Someone once said that there is no market for a true Rally Sim !

I've hade every single Rally game/sim since the 90's and the only one still used regularly is RBR vanilla version-

I am an rally addict so I surely will give this one a try !
    Looks nice !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +94
    On Switch? Definitely a sim. :)

• Haha Haha x 3
  15. Strahil Kotlarov

Strahil Kotlarov

Ratings:
    +29
    How about no.
    If they bring back modding support yey ,until then not touching it with a barge pole .
    as for V Rally 4 ,it's another console arcade racer ,not touching this one either , sadly RBR is still king as far as rally goes ,and it's not even a question.
    /sigh

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. SupremeTaco

SupremeTaco

Ratings:
    +6
    Followed by DiRT Rally.

17. seco46

seco46

Ratings:
    +89
    Also Forza Horizon 4 (if you pre-order the Ultimate Edition): September 29th

• Like Like x 1
  18. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +175
    I'm getting SEGA Rally vibes here

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. flykas

flykas

Ratings:
    +0
    Odcourse it will be arcade, but I'd like a good arcade racer with fun physics where you can still feel the weight of the car and can throw it around

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit

Ratings:
    +9
    Dirt Rally with TemplarGFX mods on P.C. In a motion sim rig, RBR is so old in comparison.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.