Paul Jeffrey

Premium
V-Rally 4 1 .jpg V-Rally 4 2.jpg V-Rally 4 3.jpg V-Rally 4 4.jpg V-Rally 4 5.jpg V-Rally 4 6.jpg
A name from the past, Kylotonn Games confirm the legendary V-Rally series will return in 2018 with the fourth iteration of the once popular arcade rally title.

According to the game announcement information revealed so far, V-Rally 4 looks likely to include multiple disciplines of off road racing when it hits the stores later this year, with traditional rally in both modern and historic vehicles featuring alongside a rally cross style category of up to eight head to head competitors, a drifting series in the style of gymkhana, off road buggies and point to point hillclimb events, V-Rally 4 looks likely to be something of a step up in every respect compared to the original and popular game last seen back in 2002.

As well as an impressive selection of different off road racing categories, developers Kylotonn Racing Games and Bigben Interactive have also promised upwards of 50 upgradable and customisable cars from the history of rally and extreme motorsports, marking out V-Rally 4 as potentially one of the most substantial rally games of recent times.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news as it becomes available...

V-Rally 4 Main Features
  • Rally: from Kenya to Sequoia Park, dominate the most difficult routes in conditions that are often extreme, at the wheel of modern and historic vehicles.
  • V-Rally Cross: intense 8-way races on dirt/tarmac tracks.
  • Extreme-Khana: drift, precision and speed, with traps scattered over the roads, putting your driving and showmanship skills to the test!
  • Buggy: become an expert at driving through hilly terrain, adopt the special reflexes and learn the particular physics needed to win these fierce races.
  • Hillclimb: reach the peaks at the wheel of these powerful, twitchy monsters.

V-Rally 4 Proposed Minimum Specs (PC)
  • Processor: Intel i3 4th generation @ 3.0GHz / AMD A8 or better
  • Memory: 4 MB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GT 730 / AMD HD 5600 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 19 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
  • Additional Notes: 64bit Only
V-Rally 4 is set to release September 2018.

For more V-Rally 4 news, chat, speculation and all round engagement be sure to check out the V-Rally 4 Forum here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to V-Rally 4? Do you think the game can recapture some of the early series magic? Let us know in the comments section below!

Yeah, I was thinking "wow another Gymkhana" then I saw "Extreme-Khana"... my fears have sadly materialize. :unsure:
Wish they concentrate on making next WRC better game than on this... ****, their version of Gym.
But maybe every studio had to have one, Codies got Dirt Showdown, Milestone Gravel and now ...they. Well at least they resist the longest, gotta give them those credits. :geek:

Must say I love the look of environments in here. The sequoia thing looks neat.
I really hope they bring back the track editor from vRally 2 - that was really awesome! Back then you could "draw" simply any layout and it will generate all the environment around it by itself. And it was in 1999. Procedural generation, huh? Your stage, huh?
Doubt it'll be in this game tho.

Last edited:
The stages in V-Rally 2 were atrocious: all the rallies were completely interchangeable with each other, they had no life and no character. The Alps were the same as Finland which was the same as Portugal and so on, just some random left and right turns with palette swapped environments around the road.

The stages in V-Rally 2 were atrocious: all the rallies were completely interchangeable with each other, they had no life and no character. The Alps were the same as Finland which was the same as Portugal and so on, just some random left and right turns with palette swapped environments around the road.
agree, but the editor was the star of the show. Wonder why such simple and effective editor doesn't exist nowadays, especially with all the procedural goodies and so on.

V-Rally was cool because you could play it on a Game Boy.
I don't have much interest in another Rally Instant Noodle Soup Game.
I also have zero interest in RallyX whatsoever.

… a proper rally sim though, that would be another matter entirely (Hello RBR successor or even a proper sequel to Codemasters Dirt Rally which appeared out of nowhere and showed so much promise … until Dirt 4 came along).

I really did feel the spirit of V-Rally in this trailer, until i did see the Mustang and plane's and barrel's and... Extreme-Khana... Yeah. I think i keep hold on my memories from the past with V-Rally 1/2. Should be easy to make an semi arcade rally game these day's. But i guess it's the car licensing that make's it hard. Car industry is so damn complicated now that even when you buy a car, you don't have no idea what you are driving, exept the badge's.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%