Using Physics to Determine the Honda Power Gap: Heusinkveld Explains

Assetto Corsa is pretty inaccurate, especially because they use table readout physics ...

150 bhp is pretty unrealistic, they would be more than 3 sec behind, per lap (race pace)

This article is pretty bad - its really bad journalism - there are personal opinions in the article (ie. F1 sounds better than GP2, which is an opinion and not a fact) ....
This article in fact was not even thinking about if AC can do such "realistic" calculations ... this here reads like advertisment by Kunos, a "so called" simulation

Correction: I did accidentally exchange Reiza with Kunos - oopps apology.... still i stand behind my opinion ... this article is bad journalism - and using a sim to determine how big the gap is is ridiculous - I would say the same for any actual top sim (ie. rF2) avaible right now
You still have the chance to use the edit option, use it wisely ...

For those who still have some doubts, you can find the formula quite easily (the one including drag only) : top speed is reached when the drag vs power equilibrium is reached (no i won't post it, time to do it yourself, since you have "doubts").

Screen-Shot-2013-03-06-at-12.02.23-PM.png
It's baby Kimi.:laugh:

Thanks for the nice lighthearted investigation into Honda's problems with some humour thrown in too, interesting theory.

No fruit being thrown from this direction!:thumbsup:

Hopefully Honda will still grant Reiza license of their cars in the future after seeing this video :laugh:
We have a girl in our office who has been a huge Alonso fan for 10+ years. At first we troll her and joke about the GP2 engine all the time, and now we just can't do it any more cuz it feels so shameful to do so :( McLaren Honda plz sort things out fast.

The Automobilista spreadsheet physics expert, as he even driven any of the cars that are in Automobilista, in real life, I guess not, been as he is a European, and Automobilista is a Brazilian game, with Brazilian cars. physics expert, physics Guru LOL fraudulent, how about you talk about the individual real life cars, that are in Automobilista, I'd like to hear your "expert" views on how the real thing handles.

Last edited:
The Automobilista spreadsheet physics expert, as he even driven any of the cars that are in Automobilista, in real life, I guess not, been as he is a European, and Automobilista is a Brazilian game, with Brazilian cars. physics expert, physics Guru LOL fraudulent, how about you talk about the individual real life cars, that are in Automobilista, I'd like to hear your "expert" views on how the real thing handles.
You are not the brightest tool in the shed are you...:rolleyes:

What does a general physics video have to do with Assetto Corsa or Automobilista? The equation to get power from drag and top speed is fairly simple, and it may give some insight to how much power one engine MAY be behind another one. This has nothing to do with any of the race sims we play, like or dislike or even personalities that we like or dislike?

What does a general physics video have to do with Assetto Corsa or Automobilista? The equation to get power from drag and top speed is fairly simple, and it may give some insight to how much power one engine MAY be behind another one. This has nothing to do with any of the race sims we play, like or dislike or even personalities that we like or dislike?

The internet...

Thanks, Niels! That was very interesting to watch.

The only thing that I am curiuous is 1% of other factors... My simracer's common sense tells me that same vehicle, with same drag and power can reach various top speeds depending how good my exit from previous corner is. So if one vehicle has better traction it should end up with higher top* speed, isn't?

* of course I am assuming that both McLaren and Mercedes were still accelerating when their top speads got measured, If there weren't and they were already at constant max speed than of course your analysis is spot on

The Automobilista spreadsheet physics expert, as he even driven any of the cars that are in Automobilista, in real life, I guess not, been as he is a European, and Automobilista is a Brazilian game, with Brazilian cars.

there is the proof that the united states never made it to the moon, because how many rocket scientists have flown their own rocket??!?!?!

melanieuk has never handled the real thing.

You must be really fun at funerals.

well, purely form the power and speed point of view, video makes prefect sense

obviously in reality this could be affected by other things, so it doesn't mean anything, but that wasnt' the point of the video, was it ?? it was not meant to say "here I will tell you how much less power Honda has "
it was to "here is how you can use physics/calculations in different way" and it served it's purpose

Nice vid,
as much as I dislike automobilista, I really like Neil's videos

Please mods stop the troll before someone feeds it and this gets into another shameful post...

You are not the brightest tool in the shed are you...:rolleyes:

melanieuk has never handled the real thing.
Calm down chaps, you're so sensitive, just rocking the boat for fun.
You must be really fun at funerals.
Not been to one yet, are you going to invite me to rFactor 2 funeral?, party party paaarty.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back