Using osw wheels with fanatec?

Be aware that most Fanatec steeringwheels are not made to deal with the raw power a DD wheel can and will deliver sometimes. As there is many plasticparts, where the real deal is made of highgrade aluminium, steel and carbon.
On the Fanatec DD base it will not allow full power to the older Fanatec steeringwheels for that same reason.

Upvote 0
Be aware that most Fanatec steeringwheels are not made to deal with the raw power a DD wheel can and will deliver sometimes. As there is many plasticparts, where the real deal is made of highgrade aluminium, steel and carbon.
On the Fanatec DD base it will not allow full power to the older Fanatec steeringwheels for that same reason.

I mean using osw wheels on a fanatec base :p

Upvote 0
I guess you could screw the 3D Rap wheel straight into the Universal Hub.

But what would be the point?

Any genuine Fanatec F1 (or any of their rims) is better quality than the 3D Rap F1 wheel, which as noted is for Logitech and Thrustmaster standard of kit.

Point is sim racing and having instruments ;) and there are much more than only 3drap wheels

Upvote 0
For sure, Never hurts knowing whats what.

If your happy with it so be it.

So you would have 2 options, a Universal hub from Fanatec then mounting the 3rd party wheel on the hub utilizing the coiled cable from the wheel, Or going with the SRM adapter route which uses a Teensy 3.5 to trick the wheel base into thinking it see's a Fanatec Steering wheel. allowing you to use any USB based wheel you desire.

https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/fanatec-csw-base-wheel-emulator

Upvote 0
For sure, Never hurts knowing whats what.

If your happy with it so be it.

So you would have 2 options, a Universal hub from Fanatec then mounting the 3rd party wheel on the hub utilizing the coiled cable from the wheel, Or going with the SRM adapter route which uses a Teensy 3.5 to trick the wheel base into thinking it see's a Fanatec Steering wheel. allowing you to use any USB based wheel you desire.

https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/fanatec-csw-base-wheel-emulator
Sadly this isnt available :/

Upvote 0
Yeah, the link where he says it doesnt work

Interesting, that message must have popped up very recently, and After i linked the page i guess.
Having spoken to Simon about this Exact product for a customer of mine last week or somewhere there about.

Wonder what the hiccup is, Maybe trying to future proof it for the incoming Protection fanatec are slapping on their rims/bases.

Upvote 0
Interesting, that message must have popped up very recently, and After i linked the page i guess.
Having spoken to Simon about this Exact product for a customer of mine last week or somewhere there about.

Wonder what the hiccup is, Maybe trying to future proof it for the incoming Protection fanatec are slapping on their rims/bases.
Ok, i hope it will be available again :p

Upvote 0
I think fanatec are coming out with their modular podium wheel (not base) later this year. It's most often been seen with the Porsche rim and button box but I did hear them say in 1 interview (as i was digging to find more info on the wheel) that there will be a new hub as part of it which will allow the use of any wheel even with a usb cable. I'll try and find the youtube clip of this later and post it.

This is something they must have thought about with the new DD bases coming out in order to further tempt people into buying their podium bases.

Upvote 0
On the iRacing forum Thomas replied this in regards of the podium universal hub:
We are looking for a release in summer and it will be priced well below the universal hub so we will make it easy for you to keep your current wheels.

You can also attach the Podium Advaced Shifter Paddle module to it or attach one of our upcoming Podium Button Plates or displays to it so there is more in it.

Upvote 0
On the iRacing forum Thomas replied this in regards of the podium universal hub:
Thanks... saves me having to find it. Sounds pretty good I think! Although, I was in the process of building a 3Drap wheel, and gave up due to lack of time, but I must say the build quality of the fanatec gear (I have the F1 limited edition wheel and a CSW 2.5 base) is way better than I would have been able to make!

I'm going to re-purpose the screen and buttons/switches I bought to make a dash screen and separate button box :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 374 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing