Using a 'dumb' wheel with Fanatec Elite base

Guys, I have a Momo suede wheel that I want to use with a Fanatec Elite base (arriving with my boss on the 8th August). I do have the Formula wheel to go with it, but would like to use the old Momo for the early GP cars, with no buttons and my H-pattern box.

I can 3D print the physical adapter to marry them up, but will the Elite base work with feedback without the electronics on the wheel connected to it?

Cheers

Les

You need universal hub to use "whatever rims", there's no way around it. Remember that you can use just basic hub part, without those button pods, yo just remove them and there's still needed buttons in hub itself.

Upvote 0
I have no idea if it would work with a generic rim, but it just crossed my mind that they're selling these quick release adapters now since the release of the McLaren wheel.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steer...clubsport-quick-release-adapter-black-eu.html

Edit: I just realized you were looking for a solution with the Elite base... Sorry. It'd still be interesting to know if it's possible to use said adapter with a generic wheel on a CSW though!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years