rF2 USF 2000 @ Oschersleben - Tuesday 8th August 2017

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
**** it, screenshot it is

upload_2017-8-8_23-18-1.png

Thank you for hosting this evet. Had a lot of fun there. These cars are awesome although there is massive tyre degredation. One thing that I want to mention was in the second race. At the last couple of laps a Black car hit me twice in the back and passed me. I was driving number 77 blue car.

Anyway it was not a big deal.
Cheers everyone. Bye

**** it, screenshot it is

View attachment 206056
Sorry for the turn 1 contact, I didn't even know who it was.

I honestly hadn't seen you and was surprised when I felt contact. I wasn't sure if you had just been in my blind spot for most of the straight or if someone had divebombed me from miles back. I guess you must have been alongside me the whole time :(

@PurgerUK I understand you had a difficult time avoiding me, but you could have at least let me catch up to you after that incident during race 2.
Hi Szymon, I didn't wait around as the way I saw it you caused the incident in which I also lost multiple places. I was on your inside around the corner and you just turned into me forcing into the grass and barrier. I don't know if you're running a spotter but it certainly helps in the sort of close racing you get in the USFs

Hi
First of all I would like to apologize for getting in everybodies way last night. I knew I would be off the pace but damn I didn't think I would be so far off the pace. being my first race and only having rf2 for a few days I need to get more laps in. during practice offline I was lapping in the low 1:35's which seemed ok. what I didn't realise is I was driving with stability control on during those laps. then during the event it was like starting all over again. I'd also like to thank Tobias(I think) for sending me his setup. it made quite a difference. I'd like to keep trying and putting in the laps so I can hopefully catch up to the pack if I'm allowed to join you all again.
Thanks and regards.

Sorry for the turn 1 contact, I didn't even know who it was.

I honestly hadn't seen you and was surprised when I felt contact. I wasn't sure if you had just been in my blind spot for most of the straight or if someone had divebombed me from miles back. I guess you must have been alongside me the whole time :(
Yeah, had a slightly better start, and was alongside for most of the straight

From the yesterday's race I'd like to comment couple of things i saw in my replay:

First of all I'd like to know @kamackeris if in lap one third turn you were aware you had someone in the interior line? because I was there and you acted like i wasn't, we touched and i lost a position. A part from that I tapped you on the braking zone of the first turn and i apologize for that, but actually you were pushing me to the outside and when you overtook me (because i released throttle as you can see on the replay, If not, we'd have gone both out...) it was already braking point, so I couldn't do anything.

Apologize as well to @Erdem ÖRSELLİ for that tap on lap 6 turn 1, but I think you braked way too early, because as you can see on my replay I braked before 100m post and there was enough distance between us before braking. A part from that I'd like to understand what happened on the next lap first corner...i was ahead of you on the exterior line and when braking i felt a bump that left me out of the race, I know you wanted to cover the inside line, but do you think you left enough room between your car and mine?

From the yesterday's race I'd like to comment couple of things i saw in my replay:

First of all I'd like to know @kamackeris if in lap one third turn you were aware you had someone in the interior line? because I was there and you acted like i wasn't, we touched and i lost a position. A part from that I tapped you on the braking zone of the first turn and i apologize for that, but actually you were pushing me to the outside and when you overtook me (because i released throttle as you can see on the replay, If not, we'd have gone both out...) it was already braking point, so I couldn't do anything.

Apologize as well to @Erdem ÖRSELLİ for that tap on lap 6 turn 1, but I think you braked way too early, because as you can see on my replay I braked before 100m post and there was enough distance between us before braking. A part from that I'd like to understand what happened on the next lap first corner...i was ahead of you on the exterior line and when braking i felt a bump that left me out of the race, I know you wanted to cover the inside line, but do you think you left enough room between your car and mine?

Hey man, I will have a look later as am work. If I remember at the time I thought it was a 50/50 incident... If it wasn't I apologise. I said sorry at the time (are you on teamspeak?). I am a courteous driver and I always apologise for my mistakes. Believe you overtook me later didn't you? Again sorry if was my fault mate

Hey man, I will have a look later as am work. If I remember at the time I thought it was a 50/50 incident... If it wasn't I apologise. I said sorry at the time (are you on teamspeak?). I am a courteous driver and I always apologise for my mistakes. Believe you overtook me later didn't you? Again sorry if was my fault mate

No, yesterday I was not on TS, that's why i posted it here, so we can discuss where is the mistake if it's mine, yours or both fault, so in the next race if we find a situation like this we know how to react. As an incident it was not tough, but as i raced you more than once, mostly on AMS, I was a bit surprised of the manouver on turn 3 (never had an issue racing you, most from what i can recall it was great racing!)

Yes later i found an spot to overtake you, first turn of lap 4 or 5 i believe.

Anyway the intention of my message is to clear out this situations that happen always during races and are unavoidable sometimes, so everyone, specially us that are the ones involved can learn from it.

No worries @kamackeris, see you on the track!

R1+R2 Edited.

Ian, in my stream live that I did in the end I make a similar overtaking that ended in my exit of track. We must respect the space of each car and not invade / close the path of the other car because the more logical is that both finish off track. It's just my opinion, but surely if we have more precaution we will all have more fun.
Thx & Regards.

OK.... So I've just looked at the replay from my perspective... Firstly it was not me you touched in corner 1 but @PurgerUK (Steve Kenwood). And about turn 3, yeah really sorry about that I should have given you the room. I can only apologise for it, it was not a 50/50 as I thought but my fault. Like you said later you have had no trouble with me. My bad and genuine mistake. See you out on the track next time mate!

Gotta say lap 5 great overtake Ian. Looking back I dunno if I was a bit naughty squeezing you to the right coming down the straight? What do you think? You got by me anyways!

OK.... So I've just looked at the replay from my perspective... Firstly it was not me you touched in corner 1 but @PurgerUK (Steve Kenwood). And about turn 3, yeah really sorry about that I should have given you the room. I can only apologise for it, it was not a 50/50 as I thought but my fault. Like you said later you have had no trouble with me. My bad and genuine mistake. See you out on the track next time mate!

At least from my replay there was no contact between Steve and me in the first lap, it was a weird movment from him, but that's all.
In the lap 3 first corner, I had to release gas to not touch you before the braking point, I think you came to the exterior side a bit too early, and I lost the refference that's why i tapped you.
About lap 5, no worries, I felt bit squeezed but at least i did not felt contact, so it is Ok, i had to try the overtake anyways, i knew i could brake a bit later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back