UserSettings.cfg not working

Oct 29, 2009
Hi!
I have an issue with graphics and display settings: they are not being "read" from the Usersettings.cfg (in My games/wrc8). The changes are saved in the file, but the game seems to ignore them (?). I have to change those settings everytime I start the game.
The rest of the settings are properly saved.

Any help will be welcome!

Reactions: toweleeie

toweleeie

75RPM
Oct 31, 2009
seen someone else on here with a similar issue. have you tried manually editing the usersettings.cfg file? or make sure its not set to read only?
is auto save turned on?

Oct 29, 2009
seen someone else on here with a similar issue. have you tried manually editing the usersettings.cfg file? or make sure its not set to read only?
is auto save turned on?
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, the file is not read only, and when I edit it manually the changes remain there. Autosave is on. It actually saves every other settings (sound, gameplay, controls, etc.) except for display, graphics and postprocess...Which, if I'm not wrong, are the only settings that that file contains.

Oct 29, 2009
Just in case someone finds this useful: I found a similar issue online about Dirt Rally (yes, another rally game!), and the problem is the name of the user folder in Windows. It shouldn't have any special characters (I had an Í ). I tried creating another account with just letters and it works!