PC2 Useless tyres

I was testing all tyres in different conditions, and this is what i found.

Ice tyres = Use it when there is snow on the track or ice tracks
Wet tyres = Use it when it's raining or snowing (thunderstorm, blizzard)
Snow tyres = They are completely useless, no good grip in any condition. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Or is it just a bug?

For road cars that don't have "wet tyres" as an option, under raining or snowing conditions we use medium or hard standart tyres, it replaces the wet tyres.

But for some reason, the SOFT standart tyres gives much less grip than medium or hard standart tyres. Does anyone knows why? Or is it just a bug?

Ice tyres = Use it when there is snow on the track or ice tracks
Wet tyres = Use it when it's raining or snowing (thunderstorm, blizzard)
Snow tyres = They are completely useless, no good grip in any condition. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Or is it just a bug?

I don't have a list of all tires for all cars so I can only comment on Rallycross cars where I have tested. The snow tires aren't used. The Ice tires will always be better. Snow tires can be used on a winter/cold track with little to no snow on them, but you can usually make an All Terrain tire work in that scenario as well.

For road cars that don't have "wet tyres" as an option, under raining or snowing conditions we use medium or hard standart tyres, it replaces the wet tyres.

When you are saying "medium" and "hard" are you talking about the names used in the ICM (In Car Management) menus?

But for some reason, the SOFT standart tyres gives much less grip than medium or hard standart tyres. Does anyone knows why? Or is it just a bug?

The slicks are based on temperature. Softs don't mean faster. Softs are for colder temps and Hard tires are for warmer temps. Here's a post from WMD that was from a current professional driver:

The Hard tire, based on what the team would like to see, should be the go to tire for most conditions. The key here is the the compound is linked more to track temperature and not just an outright faster/softer tire. In today's world of tire compounds, rarely is it faster to run a tire that is too soft for the conditions; you run the tire appropriate for the track temperatures and that is the tire which will go the fastest. The days of a 'soft compound' that just goes off faster are pretty well gone, at least for GTE. So, the soft should work in cold temperatures and the hard should work in most others.

F1 is a little different since they "engineer" tires for specific wear and behavior to create strategy, but the rest of motorsports is like the above quote...

I don't have a list of all tires for all cars so I can only comment on Rallycross cars where I have tested. The snow tires aren't used. The Ice tires will always be better. Snow tires can be used on a winter/cold track with little to no snow on them, but you can usually make an All Terrain tire work in that scenario as well.

No, snow tires can't be used in any condition in this game. They are bugged.

As i said, for snowing conditions the only tyre that gives enough grip are the WET tyres. Snow tyres makes the car drift as hell.

It seems like the game understands that snowing and raining are the same thing. Thats why WET tyres are the ones that gives you enough grip at those conditions.

When you are saying "medium" and "hard" are you talking about the names used in the ICM (In Car Management) menus?

I mean the tuning setup menu.

The slicks are based on temperature. Softs don't mean faster. Softs are for colder temps and Hard tires are for warmer temps. Here's a post from WMD that was from a current professional driver:

I was not talking about racing slick tyres, i was talking about standart tyres for ROAD cars, under raining/snowing conditions (wich the game understands are the same thing). In this case, soft tyres makes you drift as hell, while medium and hard tyres gives you enough grip. Im completely sure because i tested it many times, i just want to know why it works that way.

I was not talking about racing slick tyres, i was talking about standart tyres for ROAD cars, under raining/snowing conditions (wich the game understands are the same thing). In this case, soft tyres makes you drift as hell, while medium and hard tyres gives you enough grip. Im completely sure because i tested it many times, i just want to know why it works that way.

You do realize that not all of the road cars have the same tires? So you need to be more specific. I'm assuming you are referring to the upper level road cars (supercars)... The lower road cars don't have hard/soft tires, they have semi-slick, track, summer, ice and winter.

I know, i was talking about snowing conditions, not ice track or snow seasons.

Then whats the point of the snow tyres, if in rain or snowing you get more grip with wet tyres, and in ice track and snow seasons you get more grip with ice tyres?

Some tires are just in the title for fun. i.e. there are much better options to use but they keep in the title just for people who want to mess around and aren't shooting for top lap times... There are some tires on the vintage cars (called Club tires IIRC) which stink for running fast laps, but just there for fun.

The soft tyres on the Porsche GT3 are P Zero Trofeo R. These are not really road tyres but track tyres designed for use in dry conditions. Hence the "harder" options provide more grip in wet situations.

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/motorsport/all-tires/products-sheet/pzero-trofeo-r
Thank you now i understand why medium and hard tyres works better. It has nothing to do with the compound it's because of the tyre design. It's just isn't clear in the game, wich one is recommended for wet situations and why.

We have to search in the manufacturer site to discover wich one is the best option for wet situations.

Some tires are just in the title for fun. i.e. there are much better options to use but they keep in the title just for people who want to mess around and aren't shooting for top lap times... There are some tires on the vintage cars (called Club tires IIRC) which stink for running fast laps, but just there for fun.
I can't see where the fun is. Makes no sense to put a useless tyre in the game. Worse than that, to put a tyre that is supossed to be usefull in some situations (snow tyres), but it doesn't work because it's bugged.

I can't see where the fun is. Makes no sense to put a useless tyre in the game. Worse than that, to put a tyre that is supossed to be usefull in some situations (snow tyres), but it doesn't work because it's bugged.
The snow tire is useless, but it's not bugged. It's useful when the snow is beginning to pile up in real life, but this situation doesn't happen in the game because the snow immediately melts upon hitting the ground.

By the way, the game selects the best compound for the current conditions when choosing "Automatic by weather", so if you don't know what the best compound is, just don't touch the setting.

The snow tire is useless, but it's not bugged. It's useful when the snow is beginning to pile up in real life, but this situation doesn't happen in the game because the snow immediately melts upon hitting the ground.

By the way, the game selects the best compound for the current conditions when choosing "Automatic by weather", so if you don't know what the best compound is, just don't touch the setting.
A week ago, i was racing online, it started to rain, and i did a pitstop with "automatic by weather" setting, they put ice tyres in the car. Sometimes it doesn't work well.

Is it realistic that snow immediately melt upon hitting the ground? I saw snow just once in my life, it was in Poland, and it doesn't happen there...snow did not melt, it started to accumulate really fast...

Last edited:
Is it realistic that snow immediately melt upon hitting the ground? I saw snow just once in my life, it was in Poland, and it doesn't happen there...snow did not melt, it started to accumulate really fast...

Depends on the ground temperature. In areas where it's not below freezing a lot, tarmac will be warm enough to melt snow but grass will be cold enough for snow to accumulate on the side of the road.

SNOW-ROADS-NEAL-647x485.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back