Used Simucube 1 vs Accuforce V2

Hey everyone,

Just reaching out for help because this decision is agonizing. I have the opportunity to buy a used Simucube 1 OSW from SimRacingBay for $1000. Comes with a fanatec F1 wheel. Is this a good deal? How relevant is the Simucube 1 at this point with all of the new stuff that has come out? I was originally going to go for the Accuforce V2 but know I don't know and so I'm agonizing over the decision. There is also a used Accurforce V2 with a wheel that has the alcantara completely knackered as well

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

SC1 hands down, price a bit steep though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
No experience with Simucube, but understand that they backported much Simucube 2 firmware goodness to it. Fundamentally, it is a better wheelbase than the AccuForce.
Dialing FFB to satisfaction reportedly wants commitment and initiative. Which Fanatec F1?

With cloud tuning, an AccuForce can be nearly plug and play, but its software can also bewilder for as long as you care to dig. Its rim is generic and can be replaced cheaply.
Hybrid stepper motor cogging is easily ignored most of the time, unless one obsesses.

Upvote 0
No experience with Simucube, but understand that they backported much Simucube 2 firmware goodness to it. Fundamentally, it is a better wheelbase than the AccuForce.
Dialing FFB to satisfaction reportedly wants commitment and initiative. Which Fanatec F1?

With cloud tuning, an AccuForce can be nearly plug and play, but its software can also bewilder for as long as you care to dig. Its rim is generic and can be replaced cheaply.
Hybrid stepper motor cogging is easily ignored most of the time, unless one obsesses.

I do like the plug and play nature of the accuforce. And getting a new wheel seems fairly easy, I would just need need to confirm how easy it would be to switch back and forth.

The SC1 comes with the old clubsport f1 rim

Upvote 0
clubsport f1
Those sell for as little as US$200 on eBay, plus USB conversion gets you to $350
I would just need need to confirm how easy it would be to switch back and forth.
Not sure what you have in mind, but the rim is held to button box+ shifters by 6 screws,
no waiting.

Neither motor is liable to wear out; someone may have buggered shafts or clamps,
but probably most vulnerable wear items (other than USB wheel cables and buttons) are motor cable connections to control boxes/power supplies.

Upvote 0
Those sell for as little as US$200 on eBay, plus USB conversion gets you to $350

Not sure what you have in mind, but the rim is held to button box+ shifters by 6 screws,
no waiting.

Neither motor is liable to wear out; someone may have buggered shafts or clamps,
but probably most vulnerable wear items (other than USB wheel cables and buttons) are motor cable connections to control boxes/power supplies.

So what do you recommend? Is the 3 year old OSw better than the accuforce?

Upvote 0
Is the 3 year old OSW better than the accuforce?
Is H pattern better than paddle shifting?
I began putzing with AccuForce before cloud tuning, and that was a pain.
Getting good SC1 setups for favorite cars and tracks might be more
hassle than I would care to overcome, but have no personal experience.
I have a fair amount of experience in e.g. real E30 BMW track cars at Mid Ohio
and am reasonably satisfied with AccuForce steering simulation for that,
but am not the most discerning purist; I usually can ignore AccuForce cogging.
As an audiophile, I am more obsessive, so I know how that goes.
If you really want to duplicate sensations of proper races car without power steering
and tons of downforce, then the OSW will be better, because more torque.
Long ago, before big aero, I had a C modified sports racer, and (so far as I recall)
an AccuForce can approximate that, with pavement changes, rumble strips, etc.
I have interest neither in simulating effects of crashing into concrete walls nor mixing other effects thru the wheel to compensate missing haptics thru seat, pedals, etc.

FWIW, I also expect to eventually get SimXperience's G-Belt,
and running MORE software is NOT better;
Sim Commander handles both G-Belt and AccuForce...
FWIW, I prefer H pattern.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is H pattern better than paddle shifting?
I began putzing with AccuForce before cloud tuning, and that was a pain.
Getting good SC1 setups for favorite cars and tracks might be more
hassle than I would care to overcome, but have no personal experience.
I have a fair amount of experience in e.g. real E30 BMW track cars at Mid Ohio
and am reasonably satisfied with AccuForce steering simulation for that,
but am not the most discerning purist; I usually can ignore AccuForce cogging.
As an audiophile, I am more obsessive, so I know how that goes.
If you really want to duplicate sensations of proper races car without power steering
and tons of downforce, then the OSW will be better, because more torque.
Long ago, before big aero, I had a C modified sports racer, and (so far as I recall)
an AccuForce can approximate that, with pavement changes, rumble strips, etc.
I have interest neither in simulating effects of crashing into concrete walls nor mixing other effects thru the wheel to compensate missing haptics thru seat, pedals, etc.

FWIW, I also expect to eventually get SimXperience's G-Belt,
and running MORE software is NOT better;
Sim Commander handles both G-Belt and AccuForce...
FWIW, I prefer H pattern.

Thank you for taking the time to write all of that out, it helps. I think I am leaning towards the OSW unless I can find a deal to pounce on in regards to the Accuforce

Upvote 0
I think I am leaning towards the OSW
There is lots of Simucube info here, not well organized,
so searching is wanted. Quite a lot in this thread.
My impression is that many who mastered the OSW have since migrated to Simucube 2.
FWIW, I saved by getting the AccuForce without SimXperience wheel;
got a $25 320mm eBay rim instead and so far just use an H shifter.
I since purchased another, 15" eBay, rim to better simulate 50-60s sports cars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is lots of Simucube info here, not well organized,
so searching is wanted. Quite a lot in this thread.
My impression is that many who mastered the OSW have since migrated to Simucube 2.
FWIW, I saved by getting the AccuForce without SimXperience wheel;
got a $25 320mm eBay rim instead and so far just use an H shifter.
I since purchased another, 15" eBay, rim to better simulate 50-60s sports cars.

Longevity and everyone upgrading to the SC2 is one of the reasons for me making this thread. I'm hoping more chime in but I'll do some reading as well

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

If you can afford SC2, by all means go for it, SC1 would be the next best thing.
$1000, even with the Fanatec wheel, is not that much cheaper than bare SC2 Sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
If you can afford SC2, by all means go for it, SC1 would be the next best thing.
$1000, even with the Fanatec wheel, is not that much cheaper than bare SC2 Sport.
Unfortunately, I only have 1300 to spend on a wheel and pedals. That $1000 includes a pair of csl elites that I'm hoping to sell for $150 or so. Maybe I'll try to talk him down some more

Upvote 0
Longevity and everyone upgrading to the SC2 is one of the reasons for me making this thread. I'm hoping more chime in but I'll do some reading as well
Good luck with that. Many folks here appear to have, to their satisfaction, already sorted SC2 vs SC1 vs DD1 vs VRS vs AccuForce vs M10 and moved on; residual snark among purists seemingly pivots around value of SC2 pro vs ultimate.

For perspective, consider watching this 2015 DD comparison video

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's a tough one - I love my SC1, but the option of using SimCommander's cloud tuning function to always make sure the Accuforce is properly configured for what/where you're driving would be super-helpful. I'm not a big profile-switcher, so I pretty much just always run my SC1 on the same settings, and I'm sure I give up some track/car-specific performance nuance as a result.

Upvote 0
That's a tough one - I love my SC1, but the option of using SimCommander's cloud tuning function to always make sure the Accuforce is properly configured for what/where you're driving would be super-helpful. I'm not a big profile-switcher, so I pretty much just always run my SC1 on the same settings, and I'm sure I give up some track/car-specific performance nuance as a result.

Hey thanks for commenting, I really appreciate that. How has your SC1 held up? Do you feel future proofed or not really? I really wouldn't think that the nuances you're missing out on would vary by that much would they?

Upvote 0
I do like the plug and play nature of the accuforce. And getting a new wheel seems fairly easy, I would just need need to confirm how easy it would be to switch back and forth.

The SC1 comes with the old clubsport f1 rim

You can buy a spare Accuforce QR and use any 70mm USB button plate and rim on the Accuforce just as you can with the OSW wheels.

I keep thinking of getting a new DD base to replace my Accuforce Pro but then think I'd benefit from racing and practicing more than spending on a new base. I might get a Turn R20 to replace the duramold 320mm rim it came with.

Upvote 0
Is upgrading from sc1 small midge to sc2-pro a big enough jump to warrant the money ?
I have driven/owned both and I have SC2 Pro now.
No it’s not worth the “upgrade”.
The SC1 requires slightly more force reconstruction and tuning to be as smooth as SC2. But once dialed in, they’re virtually the same. People will say how big a jump the SC2 was over their Argon OSW but it’s not the same. Argon was stone age compared to the SC1 controller.
One thing the SC2 does have is that it’s quieter. SC1 has some humming from the driveshaft I’m sure you’ve heard it.
Small MIGE feels very rough when it’s not dialed in. SC2 has the DIY rough edges taken out.
But if your SC1 is tuned already, you won’t notice that.
True Drive is more advanced than SC1 software though. They’re releasing online profiles soon.
Two things make SC2 not worth the price difference. Premature sim development and impending updates to Simucube platform. The wheel module updates, new filters all haven’t been released yet and it’s been over one year.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years