Used Fanatec CSW V1 or new Trustmaster TS PC

Looking to get back in sim racing and im in between toughts. What is the best way to go here? Previous wheel was a Logitech 920 so i really have no clue! Money wise this Fanatec deal looks a bit better, Just worried the base is pretty old. Help me out here!

While I'm a fan of Fanatec's upper product line ecology, I agree that a used CSW v1 would be not as desirable as Thrustmaster due to the age factor (> 5 years now?). If you can see your way into a v2 or v2.5, then I'd swing that way over the Thrustmaster.

P.S. Got a giggle out of the inadvertent "Trustmaster" :whistling:

Upvote 0
I drove the csl elite (ps4 Edition), had a ts-pc for a week at home and now have a csw 2.5 since a month.
I have to say the ts-pc is more raw compared to the fanatecs. But that's when all are set to the same power.
Once you set the csw 2.5 a bit higher it becomes a lot stronger and more raw than the ts-pc. Also a lot smoother!

Now the v1 has a lot less power and is more like the csl elite. I'd say that the ts-pc is the better allround choice. Easily set up and nice ffb!
Mine had some cracking from the rim (ferrari 488 edition) and some coil whine that annoyed me a lot.
The csw 2.5 had coil whine too until the latest motor software update but was slightly less annoying for me.

I personally would go with the ts-pc or get a used v2 or v2.5. The v1 is too weak for the money and more sluggish than the ts-pc.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedbackf guys! the v2 and the v2.5 are hard to come by second hand over here sadly. One more question if you dont mind...do i need pedals from Trustmaster then of can i go Fanatec? If yes..im thinking of the csl elite pedals

Upvote 0
Ts-pc comes without pedals. So if you grab fanatec pedals you gonna have to use them as a separate USB device. Some games can't use multiple devices but all serious Sims can.
With a fanatec set (wheel and pedals) it's also tricky but afaik you can use new pedals with the old bases and old pedals with the new bases. Not that sure about this though!

If you can wait a little longer the fanatec DD bases should finally hit the market and it's likely that the market will get flooded with v2 and v2.5 then.

Upvote 0
I went with the CSL pedals with the load cell brake pedal. Not a fan of potentiometers (throttle & clutch), but for the price, I can deal with it. Physically, they appeal to my esthetics more than the v.III pedals.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing