F1 2012 Use your voice to control fuel, brake bias and so on!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Changing fuel, tyres and brakes too much work? Not enough buttons on your wheel for all those macros? There's a mighty 'button' available: your voice!
Demonstration:
Hardware needed:
- a microphone (even very cheap one will do)
Software needed:
- GlovePIE (I use version 0.43) it's free and available from various sources, such as http://glovepie.org/GlovePIEWithoutEmotiv043.zip
When the program has opened, you can start writing a script. To get you started very quickly, here's mine with some instructions included:
When finished writing you can save it, and then run it. Enjoy!
Code:
//GlovePIE script created by Chicane
//In this script: Make fuel choices, tyre choices and brake bias choices with YOUR VOICE in F1 2012! Also added: Car Status switch and instantly restart your time trial hotlap.
//INSTRUCTIONS
//set your ingame quickmenu keys to WASD-keys and car status to Q-key or edit this script
//if your voice isn't understood very well or your mic is worse than awful, try changing the green 3 after ", and in front of ) to another value from 0 to 6. It's a tolerance setting. Default = 2
//you should leave a couple of seconds between 2 commands, else the 2nd command may not be executed correctly. This is the same with using scripts in for example Logitech Profiler when creating macros so the problem is somewhere ingame. Experiment to find out whatever is the cross-over point.
//The list of possible commands, actions ande scripts is huge. Have a read through the documentation to learn more. GlovePIE forum: http://glovepie.org/forum/index.php
//END OF INSTRUCTIONS
//I've managed to create this script thanks to other people sharing their knowledge, and therefore I'm sharing this too! You're allowed to adjust and share this script.
//disclaimer: Script has been tested with English version of Windows7, and English language version of the game. I take no responsibility fole for any damage (including hardware, software and your voice) by using (parts of) this script.

//ACTIVATE AND IGNORE MICROPHONE OPTIONS
//Microphone.Enabled = joystick.Button11 //button is 3rd gear on the H-shifter of G27, option to only let the script execute commands when you hold this button. Can be useful if you're on voice communication with others, such as Teamspeak and you do NOT use push-to-talk in Teamspeak. Adjust the button to your liking.
Microphone.PushToNotTalk = joystick.Button12 // (when in 4th h-shifter gear on G27) option to only let the script execute commands when you DON'T hold this button. Can be useful if you're on voice communication with others, such as Teamspeak and you use push-to-talk in Teamspeak. Adjust the button to your liking.

//FUEL MIX CHOICES
IF Said("mix three",3)// Adjust between the "" what you want to say to activate mix3/rich fuel.
//say "confirmed" I'd recommend not to use extra audio confirmation, but it's possible to do so. You could even add different kinds of confirmations for different actions.
press w
wait 40ms //if game doesn't fully execute your voice commands, try making the wait times longer.
release w
wait 40ms
  press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press w
wait 40ms
release w
endif

IF Said("mix two",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press d
wait 40ms
release d
endif

IF Said("mix one",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press key.s
wait 40ms
release key.s
endif

//TYRE CHOICES
IF Said("prime tyres",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press d
wait 40ms
release d
wait 40ms
  press w
wait 40ms
release w
endif

IF Said("option tyres",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press d
wait 40ms
release d
wait 40ms
  press d
wait 40ms
release d
endif

IF Said("intermediate tyres",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press d
wait 40ms
release d
wait 40ms
  press key.S
wait 40ms
release key.S
endif

IF Said("full wet tyres",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press d
wait 40ms
release d
wait 40ms
  press a
wait 40ms
release a
endif

//BRAKE BIAS CHOICES
IF Said("Brakes front",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press key.S
wait 40ms
release key.S
wait 40ms
  press w
wait 40ms
release w
endif

IF Said("Brakes normal",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press key.S
wait 40ms
release key.S
wait 40ms
  press d
wait 40ms
release d
endif

IF Said("Brakes rear",3)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
  press key.S
wait 40ms
release key.S
wait 40ms
  press key.S
wait 40ms
release key.S
endif

//CYCLE CAR STATUS
IF Said("Car status",3)
press key.Q
wait 40ms
release key.Q
endif

//INSTANTLY RESTART TIME TRIAL HOTLAP
IF Said("restart time trial",3)
press key.Escape
wait 40ms
release keys.Escape
wait 40ms
press key.up
wait 40ms
release key.up
wait 40ms
press key.up
wait 40ms
release key.up
wait 40ms
press key.up
wait 40ms
release key.up
wait 40ms
press key.Enter
wait 40ms
release key.Enter
wait 40ms
Press key.Down
wait 40ms
release key.Down
wait 40ms
press key.Enter
wait 40ms
release key.Enter
endif

//'DEBUGGING'
//I have not tested this, but these 'debug lines' may actually work, so you get feedback why a command isn't executed. Remove the // to use
//if Microphone.TooFast then say(“Don’t talk so fast.”)
//if Microphone.TooSlow then say(“You need to talk faster.”)
//if Microphone.TooLoud then say(“Stop shouting. I’m not deaf.”)
//if Microphone.TooQuiet then say(“Speak up, I can’t hear you.”)
//if Microphone.HeardNoise then say(“I can’t hear you over the noise.”)

oh yeah was looking for a free program a while to use voice recognition

used many moons ago a flightsim program to use your voice for changing settings etc in GTR

gonna try this for sure on racegames and ETS2 and and and ;)

thanks for pointing to this great tool!

This is not working. Shouting like ***** but nothing happens. Using in F1 2014.
shame it doesn't work for you. Have you tested if you have notepad opened and you press run and say one of the commands, you're getting an output in notepad? If you do, you have to change some keybinds in the game. If you don't, it has something to do with the script or glovepie. It's been years since I created this thread, so I don't remember if you have to hold a button, according to the script.

Anyway, to test stuff out: below is a very short script. Have this running, and open notepad, and say 'mix one' and see if a 'w' appears in notepad, everytime you say it. If it doesn't, then it's something with the mic or glovepie or maybe languague issue (I didn't test for non-english windows versions, so I don't know how those behave).

Code:
IF Said("mix one",1)
press w
wait 40ms
release w
wait 40ms
end if

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.