Use your "old" Gerforce 8 or above series as Physx card if you bought a new ATI card

Ok heres my 3Dmark results.

PhysX off
48908600gtPhysXoff.png

PhysX on
48908600GTPhysXon.png

well Nigel, you only have to overclock youre i7 a bit. Some say that 4ghz is possible. But 3,2 will give already a big difference
Youre system must give atleast a score of 15000! The 4890 is a fast card.
i7 930 here running at 4GHZ cant take the credit for the overclock though brought it and the board/ram pre overclocked, still keep my years warently doing it this way.

Running air not water, these chips are good to 85 90 degree's max mine runs at around 70 under load.

yeah i have thought about fitting a H50 & clocking the i7 but sevrly lacking in knoledge and confidence to do that :(

Hi Nigel, I now have an i7 too, just ready today with an H50. It has some issues but if you mount the H50 in a good way it's a great cooler. I am doing some overclock tests now and the most important thing is low voltage on the cpu. I run it now at 3.4 as a start, with a VCORE 1.1000v, it runs kinda cool. Next week I will push the cpu more ahead 4Ghz.

Its just more then half a year when I totaly disagreed with your card mix Marcel.. but something has changed till today - I started thinking about that, because I bought HD5770 SOC and I want to have PhysX too (I have good experience with this physics)... I still thinks that some risk is here and that I shouldnt do that, but who cares as a lot of games are starting to be using that PhysX (e.g. Mafia II, my lovest series and I couldn't taste it with its all beautiful? That is not gonna happen) and I need your advice :redface:

So, I will start with my PC perform:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 4094MB RAM DDR2
Video Card: Gigabyte ATi HD5770 SOC edition
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 64-bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P - Intel P45
Source Seasonic 500W

I know you said that we need W7... but I read somewhere that it works on all Windows surfaces with 64 bit platform include XP SP3

Are there some issues in my hardware? I think that my source could make it (500W is enough I think as I don't have so much powerful other hardware)

Maybe my windows...

And another question how is possible to join the cards into the mainboard without any bridge? I mean, you can't use SLi or CrossFire for them huh? So, how the hardware install is? And what about software - I found that you need drivers for nvidia under 185.xx with the latest Catalyst ...

Well, thanks for any discussion

And another question how is possible to join the cards into the mainboard without any bridge? I mean, you can't use SLi or CrossFire for them huh? So, how the hardware install is? And what about software - I found that you need drivers for nvidia under 185.xx with the latest Catalyst ...

Well, thanks for any discussion

you don`t connect the cards, its all explaned in this video

i used Hybrid PhysX mod 1.03 & 195.xx drivers http://physxinfo.com/news/942/hybrid-physx-mod-1-02-195-xx-drivers-and-win-xp-support/

I have only tried it under W7 and here it worked very well.

I think the only issue you can have is your powersupply, I tried it with a Corsair 620W very good PS and it worked well. Yours is 500W but I don't know the real specs and how much it really gives. You need power connectors for both cards if they use external power. Not all PS's support the extra power to video cards.

As Nigel said, you don't connect the cards they work separate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%