Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

Do you race online?

• Yes

Votes: 433 62.6%
  • No

Votes: 259 37.4%

USC-C to HDMI/USB 3

Got this one!
https://www.accellww.com/products/usb-c-to-hdmi-2-0-adapter
Can confirm is works great with RTX gpu and WMR headset.
Even add 5-6 feet to cables so acts as a cable extender.
I got mine as I am playing around with dual boot and since my RTX 2070 only got one Hdmi port and my monitor was on Display port I could not see boot menu with headset plugged in.
Overall a good product that does what it promises.
A little expensive but bought earlier a $20 one that did not work as hdmi 2.0 despite the package claimed so.

Durge Driven

Premium
I confused so you are using the hdmi 2.0b on the RTX for a 2nd monitor ...........or ?

I thought the little connector was for next gen VR will have only 1 lead with extra bandwidth
to carry all data

I have DP and hdmi monitors ( both 16:9 ) so I brought cheap DP to hdmi
As the TV is 1920 @ 60Hz anything will work
I have Lenovo to RTX hdmi ?

edit
P.S.
I run expensive USB hub which can power each port independent , if connected device is not in use the the light for that USB port dims that you can barely see it ;)
All computer USB and the one on RTX run max power 24/7

Last edited:
The problem I had was I want to do dual boot Linux/ Win 10
My MB is a Gigabyte and regardless what I do the boot screen goes to the Hdmi port if anything is plugged into it.
So in order to select Linux I had to unplug the Headset.
Not a big deal but I was worried about the connectors in the long run.
Did get a cheap DP to Hdmi but plan to use it to connect the sim computer to my projector.

Added bonus is the problem free cable extension.

Durge Driven

Premium
Ah no problem I thought something must have been different but did not jerry that dual boot affects it

Yes I use various length extensions from my USB port (braided USB look cool )

With up to 13 devices connected plus 2 red ports for charging I have not noticed problems
Where as using all ports in PC I always had niggling little stuff happen, like slow mouse for micro seconds or USB dock not connecting first time, also little effects on USB headphones like a clicking maybe once a day
Since I had good dock that disappeared :)

Latest articles