USB hub choices?

I'm having a few USB issues and wanted to know the most reliable option for SIM peripherals all running at USB 2.0. I have 4 devices - Wheel, Pedals, Servo controller and Wind controller.

Externally powered USB 3.0 Hub with individual switches
Externally powered USB 2.0 Hub
A USB 3.0 PCIe HBA with additional power input
A USB 2.0 PCIe HBA with additional power input

Using onboard for Keyboard / mouse + VR headset

Thanks

Have a browse of this thread where you'll find some good external hub recommendations.

Whether to get an internal PCIE card or external hub will really depend on how you want to control your connected devices. I personally like a powered USB hub with a power switch within arms reach. Others might prefer the neatness of having all their cables running back to a PC. Whatever you choose, try to go with a recognised brand and you should be good :)

Will have to dig for the thread but you can run into an issue with too many peripherals/not enough USB controller resources/too many endpoints. Every device and hub that you add has a resource cost which is not easily discoverable. You only find out when you get the error message and then need to troubleshoot to find a workaround solution.

Best long-term solution is to use a PCIe Card which incorporates additional USB controllers. This is a very good one (dual USB 3.2 controllers/4 Ports): USB3PRO4P10E

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years