RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It all started well, I felt huge confidence in my setup and my speed was OK.

Then the race started... I can't express in words how I feel :mad2: For the life of me I can't understand why there's always some guys who just must be first in to T1. This race was supposed to be a 1 hour and 20 minutes endurance - for me it lasted about 30 seconds!

I kept to the outside of T1 and the downhill following it, I hoped that the ones who were behind would be smart and stay safe as well - but oh no, you had to kamikaze dive on the inside passing several cars in an impossible way. It was pure and utter luck that you made it around T1, if you hadn't hit me you would have ended up in the gravel pit. You first hit my front right tire and then squeezed me in T2, sending me into a slide. The poor chaps who were behind me had no were to go but to hit me. I ended up in the concrete wall with a totally smashed vehicle. I got back to the pits after quite some time, but unfortunately the car was unrepairable :frusty:

A endurance race is NOT won in the first corner! :nono:

This was supposed to be a fun Friday nights racing, instead I'm writing this...

Thank you! (You know who you are). There's only one person who's at fault here, I'm not blaming the other victims who also were involved in this incident.
:ban:
Kind regards,
Karl
I've already sent you a pm as I thought it was me you are referring to and I now realise it is me.

What actually happened was I braked for the corner and as I did got a tap on turning on pushing me into you and you went off slightly. I was going faster compared to other but had I not got the tap it wouldn't of happened. I orignally thought it was me lagging but it wasn't that causing the problem.

The incident where you spun off was that you touched my right rear then lost it after getting a tap from someone behind you. I did not squeeze you as I took the same line as the guy in front.

I hope posting my explanation isn't against the rules and if Karl you have anything else you want to raise with me pm me.

My race though was crap firstly David Buxton tried to overtake me but I didn't leave enough room watching the replay so apologies there. :)

I caught back up and I think was fighting with Andrew and Laurence and was pushing too hard and hit the wall at the last corner and lost time after getting suspenion damage and spun eventually. I then spun again later and got a puncture and made another stop when I decided I was going nowhere and to retire.

Had a laugh as usual.

Not sure what happen on the first lap, for some reason was a lap down after the first lap.... even though I was not lapped... was in 21st I think.

Didn't make a difference anyway, would still have finished 18th lol

Had fun spinning off in front of Ryan under breaking.... I have no idea how that happened.... made us both laugh.

Nothing else left to say really as I spent most of the race alone :laugh2:

thank you Andrew for the race.

Grats Ben!

Qualified :second: with my best time (2'11''6xx).

Race: I made a good start but i made a poor first lap (bad braking point, bad path) and i fall at the 6th pos. But i have a good battle with D Lemon (sorry for the contact, i have missed my braking point). After some intensive laps i can pass him and someone else (sorry i'm tired and i don't remember) and i reach the 4th pos. since the end of the race. Damn the guys in front of me were inaccessible!:ballchain:

A good event as always, thanks RD and Andrews!

Awesome fun!:laugh2:

Got in as reserve thanks to Lee (I think I love you), hadn`t had much practice, since i only found out earlier tonight i could race, so decided not to set a time and start from the back to watch the lines.

Got past a few offroaders early on and just tried to be consistant. Had some great battles with Gary, Chris and Stuart, got damage to suspension that didn`t seem to bad at first but the last 10 mins of the first half was really hard not to spin so had to get it fixed at pitstop, which put me from 10th to 14th when i got out.

Second half was brilliant, had a fantastic fight with David Lemon for most of it but couldn`t get past safely. Skidded off and thought chance had gone, but managed to catch him again and when i did finally get past managed to leave my breaking to late into the tight turn 2 and he was in front again lol!

Finished 12th (i think) behind David and thoroughly enjoyed every minute:clap:.

Thanks Andrew for organising such a great series and RD for the servers.
:clap::eat::dance2:

I woke up with just 20 minutes to go in practice on this event lol. (didn't get any sleep last night). Thankfully I managed to hop in in time.

Quali - went reasonably well, but nothing spectacular. Couldn't replicate anything near the form of a couple of nights ago and eneded up 3rd with a 2.11.8 behind Ben and Gregory.

Warm-up - I practice my pitstop and my pitbox is halfway down the pitlane (remember this bit of information for later).

Race - I got a reasonable start and was third going into the first braking zone. Ben was on the inside and Gregory on the outside. I pulled off a superb braking maneuvre down the middle of them which would have given me the lead - however Torbjorn braked too late and hit me up the back, sending me sliding into Gregory who had also been tapped by Nigel lol. Came out of the corner 3rd right behind Gregory. I was pressuring him before attempting a pass at the second downhill hairpin. He shut the door on me quite rightly and into the next tight hairpin he gave me loads of room. Very sporting of him, but I was also giving him loads of room lol - as he had the place and the inside corner. He ended up touching me in the corner, but no problem Gregory, was a racing incident :thumb:

After this altercation I was second but 5 seconds behind Ben. I fell into a little battle with Daniel who was pressuring me hard, he had dropped back to around 7/8 tenths however when, under braking for Turn 2 he missed his braking point completely and rammed into the back of me. I managed not to spin and he didn't take advantage. It did damage my suspension Daniel but I know you're not like that, it was just one of those things. I gradually closed Ben down to around 3 seconds before he started to pick up his pace again and the gap wavered between 2.5-3.5 seconds for the next 10 laps or so. I made a small error, touching the grass under braking slightly and that gave him back a 6 second lead. For some reason, my wrists were playing more hell than usual, really spoiling my concentration and causing me at times unbearable pain.

Lap 18 I came in for my stop. However my pitbox had now moved to the very first one in the lane so I missed it before I even noticed! Grrrr. All I could do was drive through the pitlane at the speed limit and pit next lap. This put me third right behind Torbjorn. My pitstop went reasonably well but due to that mishap I was now 23 seconds behind Ben :(.

From there on I just wanted to get the race over with. My wrists were playing hell and the win was unreachable barring a total lack of concentration from Ben. I rotated at a comfortbale speed, keeping a nice cushion to Torbjorn of around 10-12 seconds. One moment of entertainment was David B losing it completely under braking while I came to lap him. Was hilarious :p. I came across the battling duo of Andrew and Laurence in the closing stages and almost didn't want to get involved - looked like a fun battle :)

Thanks to Andrew and RD for setting this up.

• Andrew Evans

man.... man, man, man....

there are some peripheral details... quallied way down, like 20th or something... had a good opening lap or two and got up to 9th before out-breaking myself down the hill and running thru the gravel trap...

the next 75 minutes i raced laurance at no more a second apart and often much closer... we pitted at exactly the same time and the pressure never stopped... i'm still tripping now some 20 minutes later... that was the best, most intense, memorable, thrilling race i've ever had at rd... fantastisch++ !

by the end i was sweating like a bastage, yrly! and twas all for 16th... but t'matters not... truly *amazing* stuff.... cheers laurance, mate - hardcore :rockon:

Had another cracking nights racing:smile-big: great battles with Greg, Bob, Stuart, Paulo and others!! Was lying 7th behind Paulo until I tried to get a good slipstream in behind him but forgot which part of the track we were on and hit him flat out!!! sry Paulo :shame: this totally trashed the front of my car and didn't do Paulo any favours either but didn't detract from the race as I had some great battles and finished a beat up 11th :laugh2: thanks to RD and Andrew for another great Mini night:glasses-cool:

Wot a race!!! Q16 but got beat up a bit on the first lap and ended up 20th with Mr Evans right behind!!!Spent the next 34 laps having an brilliant race with him, lost count of the times we passed each other & always nice and clean.:fencing:

Think i finished 15th, but the best race i`ve had on RD. fantastic race Andrew.:yo:

Super Race! Super close! Most intensive race so far!!

Qualy: Qualified 14 with 2:13.876 new PB, basically 1.5 seconds faster than yesterday in training!

Race: Lap 1 went perfect until this fast left-right before the high speed peace where I went off track (was observing to much Michael and Nigel in front of me exchanging some rubber. Went down from 13 to 19. Lots of cars in this uphill thing. Got a little notch but nothing tp complain about. End of lap 1 the field was sorted a little bit and I was 20th Lewis behind me, with whom I had some nice racing. While I was overtaking Bob, Lewis got me (see pic1 below, we all made it through that turn!!). Got him a little bit later while he tried carefully to get Carlos in the last turn. Next turn (T1) he got me back :). Next he got a little bit to far in the left-right before the high-speed downhill. Got Carlos when it changed to uphill (he had to avoid Andrew entering). Next lap I lost Lewis, he did not make one of the chicanes. Then I was between Stuart and Chris N. (this is only lap 5!!). We three got a few others, a hard nut for me was Marcin, the fight made nearly Chris getting me (see pic2), Chris, I hope I did nothing unfair there, could only guess where you were! Sequence after the turn was I, Chris Marcin (puh, tough one, good and fair racing I thing, little rubber on both sides, but just good, I hope you saw it the same). Next lap, I did not make it throuth the downhill chicane, dropped down from 12 to 17. Made my way back, for some time we were fighting again with Stuart, Bob, Chris and I, so good racing, was sweating like crazy. See pic3. After that sequence of turns the sequence was Stuart, I, Chris and Bob (this was lap 16). Next lap Stuart annouced to pit, I wanted to pit as well, Chris I think was just so happy that he got his chance, that he forgot to pit as well (LOL!!!!!!). Stuart hit the wall while entering the pit lane, so I got in before him and also out before him. When I came out I saw Chris had parked his car just in front of T1 (in a save place), run out of fuel?
I was 15 Stuart right behind me. Somehow I had today a problem with cold tires and the downhill chicane, only in lap 1 I made it, all Qualy and training,with cold tires I spun here. So Stuart got me. For a couple of laps we were racing sometimes bumper to bumper, sometimes with 2 seconds distance. In lap 25 he spun in my favorit place, the same some others including Paulo with whom I now was fighting till the end of the race , also sometimes bumper to bumper, sometimes with 1 secs distance. In lap 28 I went wide in one of the turns, that's where Paulo got me, so I was behind him, where I was closely following him till the end of the race. Finshed 10th. Great Racing, had so much fun!!

Thanks for organizing!

Attachments

• Charade_Pic1.jpg
    Charade_Pic1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Charade_Pic2.jpg
    Charade_Pic2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Charade_Pic3.jpg
    Charade_Pic3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Charade_Pic4.jpg
    Charade_Pic4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 202
  • Andrew Evans

Got Carlos when it changed to uphill (he had to avoid Andrew entering)

man... that was coming back from the gravel trap i mentioned up there... totally forgot after the race i had... sorry carlos, it was pretty unstylish re-entry, pressed almost every button on my wheel trying to LOOK LEFT... apologies if i messed you up in any huge way... :yo:

man... that was coming back from the gravel trap i mentioned up there... totally forgot after the race i had... sorry carlos, it was pretty unstylish re-entry, pressed almost every button on my wheel trying to LOOK LEFT... apologies if i messed you up in any huge way... :yo:
Wasn't ment to blame you, he also went wide, not much you or he could have done I guess ;)

qualif wasn't so bad, was 12th on the grid and it was a pretty tigh grid.

had my best mini start ever, only lost a place before T1 that i regain at T2 by having the inside line, was careful to brake in advance and not hit anyone and it payed off at T3 i was 10th. i was at the back of Richard and was having nigel clued to my rear bumper at that point, came out faster then Richard from turn12 and tried to get on the inside of him going in the long straight but he closed the door ( which he was in title to ) i tried to avoid him by going 2 wheels on the grass but tapped him causing him to loose a little the control of his car ( sorry mate totally my fault ), i've wait for him to come back infront of me costing me to place, at that point i was back to 10th. from there i started to push and try to catch up the group in front of me, Michael and Nigel were fighting and i got behind them rather quickly and decided not to get involve in the fight and waited for a mistake from one of them. which didn,t took long to happen, Nigel ran a bit wide and i was able to pass him without difficulty and then a few turn later i passed Michael then came a little mistake, i braked too late and ran wide and lost 2 places i gain to Michael and Nigel. start pushing again and rejoined them in the fight, this time Michael made a mistake after Nigel and me passed him and spun all by himself, fought a little bit with Nigel ( sorry for the tap at the hairpin mate ). apart from that tap it was a clean close fight, very exciting, then came the pitstop moment, Nigel pitting 2 laps before me, i came out of my pitstop behind Nigel, maybe 4 sec behind him, started pushing again and i was amazed how fast i was catching him, my best guess is that he only took gas but no tires. i was able to pass him with something like 20 minutes left in the race only to found out that 5 th place was only 4 sec in front of me and that i was catching him pretty fast too, with 4 minutes left in the race i was right behind Richard fallowed not by far by Nigel, start fighting with Richard that very fast came a 3 way fight with me, Nigel and Richard, i was able to hold them off for the last lap and took 5th place finish.

overall it was a very exciting race always fighting with someone and it was clean and fair fighting. i want to grats the podium and all the back marker that were getting out of the way fast and safely. thanks for organizing this event and thanks to RD for hosting it :dance2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back