*** [US] WTCC 2013 @ Zolder ***

Just a friendly reminder for tonight's event at Zolder!
Event is gonna start at 9PM CST so make your calculations!
If you're part of -ESR- Steam Group just get on Chat Group a bit before the event starts (~15/30 min) so if we need to communicate something it'll be easier.
Also hang on there after the event as there might be someone who's willing to take another run on another server.
Let's fill up the grid and race on guys!
See ya tonight!

The timer on the steam group for the EU race was one hour early. It popped up at 19UTC instead of 20UTC, but we were already online anyway as only Andi, Peter and I were racing.

I shunted Peter in the second corner of Laguna Seca in one of our later races, after there was a huge pile-up at the first corner and then everyone was banging into eachother on the way to corner two. We both took multiple hits and I got away first so I waited for Peter to get back in front. It was a fun race, but unfortunately had the usual accompaniment of idiots. *shrugs* Dedi Servers, Please? :rolleyes:

I'm still pretty bad at sim-racing and my mistakes usually cost me more places than any greater skill on the part of many of my opponents. :roflmao:

The timer on the steam group for the EU race was one hour early. It popped up at 19UTC instead of 20UTC, but we were already online anyway as only Andi, Peter and I were racing.

I shunted Peter in the second corner of Laguna Seca in one of our later races, after there was a huge pile-up at the first corner and then everyone was banging into eachother on the way to corner two. We both took multiple hits and I got away first so I waited for Peter to get back in front. It was a fun race, but unfortunately had the usual accompaniment of idiots. *shrugs* Dedi Servers, Please? :rolleyes:

I'm still pretty bad at sim-racing and my mistakes usually cost me more places than any greater skill on the part of many of my opponents. :roflmao:

I was hunting for you guys but couldn't find you, so did a race on ADAC RBR...was decent, but I am so bad on with those cars. lol.

Well... what to say?
FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!
That has been a beautiful race! @Shannon Flynn, again man, I loved our battle. Gawd you made me sweat! Honestly guys, I thought it would have been a disaster for me on Zolder since I literally did 5 laps total before tonight'a event. Instead I found the Cruze a rightful pick for this track. Also, I've to admit it, being behind Shannon for quite some time helped me learn the track. So basically yes, I was "parasiting" you LOL.
I've collected some footage from the race and I'll be posting the video at some point in the next days (highlights and full race from my POV).
I'll be out tomorrow and probably Sunday (family weekend out of town) so I'll miss the two upcoming events. :(
Enjoy guys also for me!
PS: Honor Badge for @Heppsan who had the strength and balls to join us for our race even if he's on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. TAK Hep!
The Force is strong in this man! :D

Another great first turn by everyone! I thought these first turns are always mayhem?!?

Well, I think @Shannon Flynn has a magnet attached to the back of their car, because I rammed him like 3 times in two races at Zolder. Must be the rear wheel drive!

After bumping Shannon on turn 2 on the second lap my race was done, but I put some good laps together before @Heppsan saw me somehow flip in the first chicane on lap 6 or so when I was a bit too desperate to catch up. I had done a great job to catch up to Heppsan and someone else with him, then flipped, lol. Add a drive through penalty where the AI also rammed me into the wall in the pits when I grabbed a sip of beer...and look who is at the back of the bus? I really felt I had the speed to finish second in that race(no way catching Nance), but I messed up when I thought Shannon was going to take the middle/outside of a turn 2 and I tried to do one of those race moves I see on tv...look to take the outside then take the inside lane....well that was dumb of me in hindsight, I thought Shannon was gonna try and defend against me a bit more...too nice :) No idea why I always spin out after small contact?

The rest of the night was fun, but I really need to get my settings right for the Adac cars, I just get soo much under steer from them. :( I was all over the place and the moto arena...a cow on ice.

Lastly the Gt3 cars were fun, first time I drove those.

Last edited:
Great seeing the videos and Highlights, definitely action packed, wish there were ramps or jumps so I could add to the entertainment even though @Ser_Renely has proven me wrong with his awsome barrel rolls, haha. Glad to see the turn out so far each weekend, usually my highlight for me. Lets keep this up :thumbsup:

Well, I think @Shannon Flynn I really felt I had the speed to finish second in that race(no way catching Nance), but I messed up when I thought Shannon was going to take the middle/outside of a turn 2 and I tried to do one of those race moves I see on tv...look to take the outside then take the inside lane....

A note to all who find themselves in a race with me;
I don't block or try to pull any fancy moves. I'm not good enough for that kind of stuff ;)
If you're behind me, I give room for you to get by. If you're in front, I'll wait for you to make a mistake before I pass -- rather than risking a corner dive bomber move.

And yes, Heppsan, Turn 1 mayhem IS the norm with most groups I've raced with. I'm loving racing with this group. Two weeks in a row of clean starts. I'm in awe :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%