*** [US] WTCC 2013 @ Hungaroring - 9PM CST***

Folks, I've to admit it: Friday was already my fave day in the week (as it is probably for the 99% of people on Earth): homemade pizza with anchovies, Leffe beer, quality family time... now, knowing we've a recurring appointment with the WTCC on that day, it's like the icing on the cake.
I mean... Every week I look at the calendar and make a countdown to Friday Night: I'm in love!! :inlove:

As Sean said it was great fun yesterday (as usual).

A bit of sour taste for WTCC Hungaro cause when I was practicing there I was running way better (1:52 low) and I don't know why but yesterday I drove kind of distracted there (my errors cost me the 4th place). I had very close-quarter duels with @Shannon Flynn and after a few laps I lost grip on Turn 2 and Blaine took advantage of that, overtook me and kicked me out of the podium. :cry:

WTCC Zandvoort was great. One of my favorite tracks ever. Qualy 2nd, got a bad start cause I realized my wheel was turnet 180 right :mad:, caught up with the two cars ahead and after some decent laps I finally took back the second place, reaching Nance who was mocking around waiting for us :) (avoided a collision on his left side for a hair at the Vodafonebocht turn)

ADAC Redbull Ring was equally fun. Only 7 of us on track this time tho. I drove the Camaro there (as usual!) and boy that car is a brick of love. It looks cool in the replay I've to admit it, but it's really... REALLY heavy to drive.
At least I didn't spin this time and disqualified. Finished third after Crazy James and Mr. Flynn.

To sum it up: GREAT RACES AGAIN!
T1s on all circuits went perfectly and level of respect on the tarmac was great with all the players aware of their surroundings and such.

One last note is that Alien :alien:@James Nance :alien: was clearly on a rampage mode, collecting those 3/3 first places (-22 sec on Hungaro and starting from the back of the grid on RedBull Ring!)
Simply unstoppable!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: That's why we'll put an ad online for another Alien to give him a bit of challenge in the first places!! :D

Lastly: teaser for our third appointment will follow... maybe not that soon but... it'll come!

You guys have all a fun weekend!

Oh! Here are the results for Hungaro and Redbull Ring... I forgot to take a screenshot at the end of Zandv: DANG!

2014-12-19_00003.jpg
2014-12-19_00001.jpg

No really sure what troubles me....I think when I have others around I worry, probably a bit too much, about hitting them....bc I don't want to be that guy and I don't want to spin out. I think this also forces me to drive different than I would, suddenly I am on the inside of a corner I have never taken from the inside etc.... and I am thinking too much about it as I do it so I mess up.

I bet if I could start better it would help.

At Zandevort I think it is turn 7(the sweeping right turn that leads up the short hill to the sharp right), I screwed that up 2-3 times and lost 10+ seconds. I think when I get behind I try and drive faster...which is pretty risky when you make a lot of mistakes.

Probably just comes down to being new at it too....4-5 months.

No really sure what troubles me....I think when I have others around I worry, probably a bit too much, about hitting them....bc I don't want to be that guy and I don't want to spin out. I think this also forces me to drive different than I would, suddenly I am on the inside of a corner I have never taken from the inside etc.... and I am thinking too much about it as I do it so I mess up.

I bet if I could start better it would help.

At Zandevort I think it is turn 7(the sweeping right turn that leads up the short hill to the sharp right), I screwed that up 2-3 times and lost 10+ seconds. I think when I get behind I try and drive faster...which is pretty risky when you make a lot of mistakes.

Probably just comes down to being new at it too....4-5 months.

I can understand that aspect. Like all things it takes practice and lots of laps. Once you stick to a car and learn about it you eventually adapt to it. Then you learn the tracks, combine both and you can judge things better, you will know how early or late to brake according to the corner, where to pass or to hold off for a better opportunity, strength and weaknesses of the car on a particular track. Thing is dont be overly cautious, because thats when you become too slow and cause accidents to others for compensating. Focus on your race is what I advise most to people, the second you give brain power to something else during a race will then lead to more mistakes because your not 100% concentrated. Situational awareness is also key yes, but for me I see two lines to a corner, the inside or outside, choose one and stick to it, its up to the other guy to get around you. Your lucky we race as a group so we are more trusty to each other to not clash too much otherwise its very unpredictable what an unknown driver will do.

Race on

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing