RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I would really like to sign up for this one, but it seems my pc can't handle this track. Every time i start up a practice session my computer freezes after half a lap... I dont have this problem at any other track.

Anyone know a solution?

Lower you Graphic settings to an absolute minimum (in game), if the track loads, you have found out why it didn't... If it doesn't run all the same, fully uninstall the track (if needed run the exe and unpack to a different directory to learn what the install is doing) and install it again.

What machine do you have? (CPU/GPU/OS/RAM)

Lower you Graphic settings to an absolute minimum (in game), if the track loads, you have found out why it didn't... If it doesn't run all the same, fully uninstall the track (if needed run the exe and unpack to a different directory to learn what the install is doing) and install it again.

What machine do you have? (CPU/GPU/OS/RAM)

thanks Joao! Setting the details back was it! Now im going to practice a bit and see if i can get up to speed to sign in. What car class is faster? and which particular car? ;)

Ok cool - Would like to have a go at this as have the late shift the following day

Would it be ok to provisionally put my name down if there is space?
I'm new so if it starts to fill up and you want to free up a space it's not a problem. :)

Just thought, if this is US won't I be a bit laggy for everyone being in the UK?

I recently found out that Q sessions offer more traction than practice does! I took this to heart and pressed hard, results came in a 13+ sec run[!] which got me all of 16th place on the grid out of 19 drivers, lol!

R1:A rapid deterioration of p16 to p17 by the first turn. End of first lap, holding p14 with Claudio on my bumper and up to p11 we go. It's good to have pressure like that! Clean until I go off off after the mid-esses an rejoin at p13. Alone and I get a free move to p12 and then I guess p11 as Itry to catch Koray.

R2: Up to p10 as we go thru the twin tire towers with Brandon eager to get by me. Beining of l2 and I'm off the front straight, rejoiniing in p17, Michel behind and ilie just ahead. Michel gets close and by me. Willie and I wave to each other a few times as our cars start drifting and we swap. I'm off at the last esses aand in p14. End the race in p9.

I picked up some good lines today at the Glen and here, helped a lot. I also learned a bit more about the Mini's.

Good racing! A controversial track for sure, I think it's fun.

Thanks RD and also Yves for running so many events.

Very competitive racing as always in the mini's, very quick pace by the top of the grid.

There was so much action it is hard to keep it all straight without going back to replay, but I'll try anyway.

Qual: Never really found the pace in qual - barely cracked into the 1.13's while the top guys made it into the 1.12's and I think even the 1.11's. Started in P14 I think (maybe P15).

Race 1: Fat minis on a fast, narrow track leads to some pinball effect - this was no different. I got a good start and tip-toe'd around some crashes to move up into the top 10. Had a great battle for pretty much the entire race with about 4 cars - the only name I saw consistently was Will, as for some reason the names kept appearing and disappearing and his was one of the few that stayed up the whole time. I had made it as high as P7 I believe but some aggressive early driving took its toll on my tires and I had little grip the last 3-4 laps. That was enough for me to make a few small mistakes, and I finished in P10.

Race 2: Started P10 and again was able to get up into a main group in top 10. Was cruising along for the first couple laps until the chicane on I believe lap 3, when Brandon came out from behind me carrying more speed and tapped my rear quarter which sent me seemingly 5 miles off course. I think he stopped and waited for awhile - thanks for the thought - but it took so long for me to make it back on track I think he gave up on waiting. Came back on in I believe P17 behind Tim and tried to give him a battle, but I just wasn't concentrating after the off. He went off a bit and I snuck by, but I was driving sloppily. Sorry Tim for our incident on the next lap - I wasn't concentrating and I missed a shift coming out of I think T2, that is why I slowed so suddenly - definitely not your fault. About the time I got my concentration back people were dropping out left and right, and I was able to eventually make my way all the way back to P10. I wasn't quite able to catch Dennis and that is where I stayed.

Overall P8.

Thanks to Yves for setting up the Wed. race as always - good to see such a crowd this week, even with all the pre-race bickering. Some of you guys need to relax and save the stress for the leagues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%