RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

if ever a club event deserved a video this is it... and it's probably something i'll take up.

not sure what to race chanced it in the E90 WTCC, no good 6sec off the pace, E90 STCC, 5 sec off the pace, chevy 3sec off the pace, A4 ahhh.. initially 2sec but brought that down to 1.2 from the front of the grid.

race 1 was great - front to back of grid separated by 1.7s plenty of battles for everyone Qual10/12 Fin 6

race 2 looked even better (yeah... i mucked up in the chicane) but despite nailing laps pretty close to my healthy car norm could not close the gap to the blue snake of dots i could seen on the map. Start 3/11 Fin 9

first time at watkins, and hopefully not the last for me.

great track choice and thanks to everyone for a great evenings racing.

That was freaking fun guys , tons of fair racing, no silly stuff , very very nice.
This was the first race for me since months being sick and all , so had no big expectation of it. Qualified 9th, 1 race start was decent and some guys made some errors so eventualy i got into a battle for fifth with bob, he really was all over me , and when i think keith became part of the battle , bob won a place keith lost 2 places and i stayed 5th , and finnished 5th. 2nd race i had a major bad start and dropped all the way down to 9th or 10th , but i mannaged to battle up to 5th and got into battle with Mark. eventualy he made a mistake and i finnished 4th. 4th overall.

was great , and i'm glad i can still come along :)

thnx Yves for this one :thanks:

Guys, I was working on my setup for this one today... this is going to be a monster. Any small bump will make us lose big time (aerodynamic decay), any error in 3 or 4 specific corners, race over (damn wooden poles)... :sweat:

Let's all keep to one side of the road, after all, it is a regular road...

The last man standing wins!
:good:

Sounds like our F1 races:)

Guess i will do my report lol

Qualy 2nd which was good for first time here i thought

race 1 got Claudio sorry and fell back we both made out way back through field then i noticed at lap 6 i had 3 laps of fuel left so i tried to stretch it had i think second place but continuously started to fall back and eventually running out of fuel.

Race 2 saw myself starting in 9th had a good start and continued clawing my way through field had some good battles but nothing would prepare me for the intense battle to come. I see myself in 2nd about lap 5or6 and 2 seconds behind Yves who i start chasing down catch him about lap 8 and we battle for about 2 laps then but the bmw power was too much on the straight so i had to rethink my plan lap 10 Yves pulled away from me after the battle and i was thinking i may not catch him in time lap 12 i see myself battling side by side with yves It was verry intense and extremely fun Best last lap race i have had in a long time gr all

Great race, it's always fun to watch from the back!
I had been practicing at the long track getting ready for this, lol that was fun too!

Qualified back of the pack, about right.
Race 1: I thought we might be swapping the grid for race 2 so I wanted to stay lower than 11th place. Tagged along behind Stefan and when Kennet missed the chicane, waited a bit for him. Finally let him past on lap 3 and I was still holding my 12th place! He dropped out and I was in an unhappy 11th place. Stefan stopped at the chicane and I pulled in behind him so as to not be in 10th[possible pole]. Ouch, he popped off the screen an I was in 10th.

Race2: Cool! I start near the back. Going as fast as I can, I have a fun time with Stefan and as I start loosening up in the chicane and the last turn he takes off past me for the last time. But, I'm not last yet and one other driver has to pass me. Yup, Keith got me, last again!

Thanks Yves and RD!

• Michel Salvador

really great race all :) really fun battles everywhere !

we dint have full server but damn we have a blast :) that for sure

thx Yves and RD

Great racing today, and on a really nice track. I hadn't raced GTRE or S2000 cars for quite some time, but it turned out lucky for me. Chose my old favourite Volvo S60, it is really good to drive on these long sweeping tracks and seems to have lots of torque.

Qualy : Big surprise, I had pole for quite a while but knew Brandon would soon get used to the track and knock me off. So put race fuel in and went out for a couple of practice laps and to my surprise, pulled off a faster time to take pole. :smile-big:

Race 1: Got the usual slow start and dropped immediately to P4, but I was impressed with the care shown by everyone at turn 1, which could have been dangerous. I settled behind Brandon and Claudio who were battling hard, and had a touch entering the chicane in lap 2, giving me P2. I then started chasing Yves, who had pulled off his usual lighting start, but in lap 4, Yves lost the Beemer tail exiting the final turn and slid into the pit lane entrance. I then kept it clean to take a surprise win. Well done to Michel and Claudio for the podium.

Race 2: Started P8, another sluggish start (the Volvo weakness), but Richard also bogged down his Honda, so I held P8 early. I moved forward steadily but had some great racing with Bob, Stefan, Richard, and then later had a great scrap with Mark in his Audi. I slipped past Claudio and Michel down the start straight (they must have has an incident?), which gave me valuable breathing space on Mark. Then Michel was really pushing me hard, which helped to push me faster, and I started closing on Yves and Brandon who would have been scrapping hard. On the last turn to the finish, Yves and Brandon had contact, spinning Brandon into the pits, and Yves slowed crossing the finish. I finished millimetres behind Yves to take P2. (See pic) Well done again to Michel for third.

Very enjoyable morning for me, and the quality of the racing from everyone around me was exemplary. :good:

Attachments

• Watkins Finish.JPG
    Watkins Finish.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 178
great fun guy's thanks to the one that showed up :good:

qualy: strangly enuff the car was faster with almost the fuel for the race and took P4 and not beeing worried for the start since i had the rocket lauch enable :rotfl:

race 1: got my usual Bimmer rocket lauch start ( and yes i don,t often miss those with the bimmer :rotfl: ) and was P1 after T1, i was able to pull a little gap of almost 2 sec while the guy's were fighting. then i saw Warren starting to gain on me and i started to push and exiting the last turn i over did it and almost spun in the pitlane :struggle:, came back way behind but with a few drop out and incident i finished 7th.

race 2: starting from second had once again my rocket lauch start and was P1 after T1, like the first race i build a small gap of 2 sec or so until Brandon started to catchup on me. we swap places a few times until the last lap where he was just infront of me, at the last turn i thought he was going to defend the inside of the turn exit but he didn't and since i was full throttle trying to get on the outside i hit him and made him spun, sorry man first place was yours and it was well deserve.

Good movie again Bert, you handle those downhill handbraking hairpins much better than I can. After working out how to do it in gravel, I had to adjust for the tarmac, which was much harder, especially in these little FMD cars.
Keep up the movies Bert, always good to see. :star:

porsche_cup.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: Porsche CUP--> link
Track: A1Ring -> link
Weather: Dry

Event starts at 9pm EST/6pmPST or 1:00gmt
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 30mins
Warmup: 15mins
Race: 35 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We are starting a mini Porsche Cup series for North Amercian members. For the next 4 weeks we will run these cars at:
  • A1Ring
  • Spa
  • Road America
  • Mid-Ohio

Come join the fun!!

Entrylist:
  1. Keith Barrick
  2. Eric Kaczmarek
  3. Jarrod Keen
  4. Bennie Holloway
  5. Michel Salvador
  6. Ryan Callan