AC [US Server] Lotus 98T @ Monza - Monday, August 4th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I know people are busy tonight but I'm thinkin.........
chicken.jpg

Meow, bok bok, I just got notified for conference call tonight. Have to withdrawl.:( Have lots of fun guys.

Only down a lap despite two spins from mashing the gas too hard and having a car that was absolutely HORRID on the low-speed chicanes. I feel my confidence growing with keeping the car on the track considering I had next to none 24 hours ago, but I still need more speed to go with it.

Good race though.

Fun race guys :)

Just one thing, @Michael Young, you must stay within the white lines of the track at all times (especially when taking turns 1 and 4).
Putting 4 wheels over the white lines isn't allowed.
I know you're not a serial offender but, just remember this for next time mate.

Screenshot_lotus_98t_monza_5-8-2014-12-40-42.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_98t_monza_5-8-2014-12-41-47.jpg

Edit:
Just seen in the replay, and you cut T1 and T4 almost every lap of the race. Please don't do this again, or we will have to hand out penalties. Yes penalties are turned off, but that doesn't mean you should cut the track limits.

Please remember this in future.

Last edited:
Fun race all :)

Had an OK time in quali that was quick enough for pole, but I really felt like there was another second on or so in that lap.

Race was great. Diced with Joao early before a few mistakes let him escape my slipstream. Was catching him back up before I crashed into Ryan on lap 10 after he blew an engine just before the first chicane and lost control. Had that crash actually happened I'm positive neither driver would have survived. I hit him at around 200 kph directly into his cockpit area which sent his car flying. Check the replay out and you'll see. :p

After that I lost a massive amount of time and was very lucky to stay in 2nd after Michael and Chris' early race issues. I settled in for the long haul to track Joao down.

Lap by lap I was reeling him in, and after a few risky laps on 80% turbo and a few scares with overtaking lapped cars, I was on his rear wing going into the first chicane on the final lap. However while braking early here to avoid hitting Joao my engine decided to give up, ending my race. It was most likely a result of possibly still being barely on the throttle on the first downshift, and these cars do not play friendly with engine braking. :p

Oh well, still enjoyed the race very much. Joao deserved his first win here, too consistent. :)

Fun race guys :)

Just one thing, @Michael Young, you must stay within the white lines of the track at all times (especially when taking turns 1 and 4).
Putting 4 wheels over the white lines isn't allowed.
I know you're not a serial offender but, just remember this for next time mate.

View attachment 60920

View attachment 60921

Edit:
Just seen in the replay, and you cut T1 and T4 almost every lap of the race. Please don't do this again, or we will have to hand out penalties. Yes penalties are turned off, but that doesn't mean you should cut the track limits.

Please remember this in future.
Yah I know, I just assumed to go by the penalties of the game ie. the game doesn't penalise you 5s when penalties are on. So I just thought most people would have done it anyway. I'll keep it in mind for future :)

Yah I know, I just assumed to go by the penalties of the game ie. the game doesn't penalise you 5s when penalties are on. So I just thought most people would have done it anyway. I'll keep it in mind for future :)
No worries mate. :)
It is a bit annoying that the game is pretty loose on the penalty system in some areas that need it to be stricter, and then it's too strict in areas where it should be more lenient.

But yeah, regardless of whether or not penalties are turned on or off, as drivers we should be racing in accordance with Point #6 of our basic racing rules.

It is a bit annoying that the game is pretty loose on the penalty system in some areas that need it to be stricter, and then it's too strict in areas where it should be more lenient.

^this I agree with. You can tap the grass which slows you down AND you get penalised and sometimes you can run on tarmac and not get penalised at all :s It's just like on silverstone (small circuit) you can go wide before the backstraight a fair bit before it penalises you with a fat 5s. But yeah, something to keep note of even if the system doesn't penalise you in practise :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back