AC [US Server] Formula 1 @ Silverstone - Monday, August 18th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yeah even after nailing down a setup, its still so aggressive. IF you can hold it together its actually not much slower... but it really just wants to kill you whereas the merc says "Hey bud, lets go for a little Sunday drive."

Wow a setup for this requires a lot of work. I don't think there's a single value I haven't changed. Just when you think you get it right, you go faster, making the bumps worse, making the car bottom out all over again.

I came to a point where I gave up on testing setups and just deciding to drive with what I had and getting used to that. Track time in a consistent setup is the most important thing here I feel. :)

Cheers guys, had a great time.
Phew those cars are tough to drive.

Qualifying: P2
Race: P1

Had an okay-ish launch, a little too much wheelspin, but I was massively fortunate at the start by not getting involved in the carnage. Gambled correctly on the tyres with the Mediums.

I knew that if the tyres didn't hold on then Justin would be right on me, so I just tried to keep consistent. Thankfully they held in quite well, and even worn mediums were quicker than fresh hards, so it seemed to be the best option.
Only made a couple of mistakes the whole race, which I was astounded by because usually the Ferrari is at home in the gravel. lol

Starting P2 was a blessing in disguise :whistling:

Last edited:
Had great fun guys! :)

Did the typical Ferrari thing and went with a poor race strategy. My quali lap was surprisingly quick though so it all had to come crashing down somewhere haha. And it did, as the mediums were the tyre to be on and not the hard tyres. After 24 laps of pain on the hards I'll never do another lap using them in a very long time. :p

Started 4th and Finished 4th.

If I would have did some practice on the hard tires, I would have never used them in the race. They were utter crap. After getting collected at the start, I did well for the next 12 or so laps and then I had enough of the hard tires. Coming out of a turn, not hitting the throttle hard, the back end just washed away. Since it looked like I had a healthy gap, I pitted for mediums.

The Mediums were like 2-3 seconds faster for me even when I forgot change the race fuel amount :p.

It was fun playing around with the corvette afterwards. It is kinda weird. It races fine, but the car doesn't have that much "feeling". might need to adjust the FFB on it or something...I cant tell when I can push the car further, or when it is about to brake loose. I look forward to using that car in a race though :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 65 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%