RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was so much harder than I was expecting.
Race 1 I started on wets but it didnt pay off, and I was way off the pace :snail: throughout the race finished 12th thanks only to retirements though.
Race 2 changed some settings, car felt much better and was going ok until I missed the braking point and spun off.
Was racing Chris Sykes after that and was hoping for a nice battle to the end, but I may of been a little over eager coming into the pits and er totalled it Into the Pit Entry sign buillt like a nuclear bunker. :damnit: :rolleyes:

*In my defence I worked til midnight then watched Le Mans until 4 :wink:

qually: hate superpole and messed up like normal to start 16th
race 1: diddent start on the lights so was about 8 seconds down from the start [sry andrew about the slow start] so it was me racing myself cuz everyone was ages infront, only making places when others dropped out and came 14th
race 2: had a good start but was unfortunate as to where i was behind simon and had chris on the right and someone on the left and simon braked early for turn 1 and i ran into the back of him and spun myself so once again i was racing myself till andrew spun it and i closed to about 6 seconds then he went off and i ran wide then he came over my front end and he spun so i waited and he just dropped out so i got going again, pitted with the leaders while getting lapped then a few laps later lost it on the bumpy straight and got clobbered by a honda [if that was my fault then sorry] and hit the wall very hard and car was totalled

thanks to everyone who came/rd for hosting/people who made vitus

Q: went wide and lost maybe 5 seconds and started middle of grid
R1: ok start, took a know from behind and lost 6 places, got back on it till lap two and hit the Pit board - DNF Suspension
R2: All went ok till about 5 mins left and had Mike Bell come fish tailing across the track and could get around and hit hard which caused susp damage and lost a few places. Got one back and finished 12th.

Loving the changeable conditions!

Thx RD and members for some good fun!

Quali total sham forgot to check the weather it was dry and I had wets on by t3 they were 100+oC nevermind though can pick some places up in the race.

Race 1 started on slicks but as the rain moved in tyre temps started to fall away and so did my pace, was having some good battles with David and I was starting to close in on Simon as he said he chewed in to the pit lane board, I chuckled a bit and thought I won't do that lap later when happened I bloody well did the same thing, pit wall claimed the car was unrepairable I thought yeh right looks like only suspension how wrong was I left the pit got half way round and the engine let go so that was a DNF.

Race 2 started on wets and was hoping for a good result, got caught up in the fight for track space with Simon and Mike, mike spun and I think(will check the replay) I got caught in this, nevermind only start plenty of time to recover places so pressed on by lap 4th wets were starting to over heat so pitted put slicks on and was a bit early as temps were not good but towards the end of the race I was closing down on Buxton(again great battling) seemed like I'd go off then he would and vice verser lol in the end Buxton got the better of me and held the place, was gutted with 5mins left till the end of the race tyre temps were getting up but grip levels were gone.

Enjoyed myself yet again.....Cheers David and RD :doublethumb:................See you guys next sunday

Did a few laps of practice and I was doing 1.31s offline but I had no time in the wet. Thankfully qualifying was dry for the first 1.5 laps so I went round in a 1.31.383 I think I took pole off Nicholas by 0.083 secs, so revenge for TI Aida :rolleyes:

Started alright for race 1, I was on the outside for T1 but for T2 I eased Nicholas towards the grass on the exit and then I headed off. Was doing well, couple of mistakes here and there and when I saw Nicholas fly off I thought I had it in the bag. A wide line through a corner let Dan get near me and into the corner with those lovely, distractcing wind turbines he thought I should get a closer look :tongue: I hit my brakes and managed to not hit the barrier so the only damage was a few places.

Held position until the pitstops as it was getting wetter and everyone in front was doing similar laptimes to me. In the pitstop I leapfrogged a couple of people and now into the wet part of the race I started to catch up to the leaders. A couple of mistakes by people in front put me into 3rd and 4 seconds behind the leader by the end.

Amid a lot of discussion over our choice of tyres for race 2, I went for wets in the end but still got a rubbish start for race 2. I was on the inside and had to stay there but David let me through at T3 so thanks for that :D Made a couple of passes and was catching the leaders. Ariel wanted to play bumper cars for a couple of laps so that halted my progress. Towards the pit window the track was drying and despite being on wets, I was faster than the top 2. Coming into the pit lane, I was right behind them. Marius fluffed the pit entry up, hit the barrier, so I smacked into him, bust my suspension really badly so I had to fix it. That cost me 10 seconds and I came out of the pits 4 seconds behind Jesper so.... cheers I guess :mad:

Last few laps I was catching Jesper then on the last lap I passed. Coming through the esses before the back straight I got a tap on my back left so I had to lift off a little bit. That put me under massive pressure and I ran wide and lost 1st.

Still 2nd and 3rd, not too bad but it should have been so much more. I didn't hit anyone, apart from Marius who slammed the brakes on 50m early for a single line corner (not my fault :eek:) so all the contact on me has really spoilt my morning :frown:

First of all thnx David :good: & evryone that raced..
Quali didn't go as planned missed a few corners but still managed to get 7th place so that asn't too bad.

Race 1 I stayed out 1 lap too long on my slicks went of track when I was in 1st place so when I went to pit I was in 2nd place but when I wanted to go and pit I completly lost the car and managed to wreck it on the pit sign.... maybe I should practice the pitting more ;)

Race 2 was an much better race.. started on 15th place but because I went for the wet tures (I guess) I managed to take a lot of places before the 1st turn. Ended up just behind David who I managed to pass in the 1st corner on the 2nd lap. Did the same thing on the next car on the 3rd lap but after lap 5 my tyres where clearly not the best choice anymore so I went for an early pit (without hitting the pit sign this time :D ) due to a few mistake sof people infront of me I found myself on 3rd place for a while until I started to make mistakes my self letting one after the other pass me :(. Whe the checkered flag was out I ended up on 8th place I believe and 8th overall... Wasn't to bad for 1st race in 6 or 7 months but obviously I need some extra practice runs for the next race :)

Had a good time and hope to race you guys again next week, thanks!

Will be using this skinpack myself as well:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=25074

And this skin also woth looking at:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=24079

Have to adjust the config file with notepad though for it to work with the US muscle.

[[[Hankook Racing]]]

[[YOUR NAME]]
[Chevrolet Camaro Race]
body=Camaro Body HANKOOK.dds
windows=Camaro Windows HANKOOK.dds
interiorwindow=Camaro Win Int HANKOOK.dds
MenuFlag=United_States_of_America_Menu.tga
IngameFlag=United_States_of_America_Result.tga

Can you update the skinpack and include these for this and future events Remco ?

Also made a small video again after a quick few laps with the Hustler Camaro :cool: this morning, enjoy:

I just want to let you know that every minute is getting me close to the chance I will miss this one, because I have a lot of work to school as and of semester and I am not sure if I will find empty spot in my time for this :( just note that if I wont show up... sryyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%