RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

For an 80 minute race in a Mini, that was quite fun. I wasn't particularly fast and a couple of corners were giving me constant problems but it was quite good to drive. My race pace during the wet part was good, moved my way from 11th to 5th by lap 13 when I pitted. I had to repair my suspension and I went past my pitbox so I lost a lot of time and ended up in a battle for 6th with 3 other cars. I messed it up in the end so 9th it was. I know I had a few lapses in concentration during that race so sorry if I hit anyone.

test succeeded.

Only a poor race for me.

1st 55 min. on rain tyres and after i had the last spot after most of you already took a pit, deciced to go for a pit with slicks on the mini.

Then in the race i had my fastest lap of the evening. Then in last round i took some pictures.

Enjoyed that. My first race for ages, and i finished :D Dont think i caused any incidents [sorry if i did]

had someone brake on the second straight early on while 3 of us were slipstreaming together and went in to the back of someone. sorry bout that, cost me loads of time :(

• Chris Gallop

Pretty happy with final position, had been hoping for a top 10 finish, which was looking good after qualifying 10th.

Took BoB Miley out in the second chicane as I couldn't see my brake point due to a car in the way (I'm gonna blame whoever it was!) and cause much mayhem with that and waiting to rejoin, then side swiped Stefan as he came to pass me, due to be slow out of the previously mentioned chicane, so two apologies owed and sent.

From there I was quite happy with my pace, given that I filled the car up with fuel at the start thinking the rain would last longer (newb mistake), made it til tyre change without damage, but started pushing a little too hard when I could see a chance to catch the pack racing for 8th I think, ended up slamming a badly placed wall and so had 40 mins with a wonky car and just couldn't then keep pace and ended 11th.

The worst part was trying to grab new smokes and re-light them on the strights, which, with a wonky car mean't my straights were alot shorter than they should have been :s

Good race overall, grats to those that finished, comiserations (sp?) to those that didn't and thanks to the organiser, great track, good car and challenging weather conditions. Top marks!

Bring on the next one!

OK just a heads up on the weather modelling program.............

It's just AWESOME! we are in practice 1 and we have seen it stop raining then had the skies darken up and have it start raining again! Thunder rumbles and all!

Really cool!

Weird, when I went to qualify I couldn't see any blue dots on my map and since I forgot it was superpole I went back to the garage to see if it would reload or something. I couldn't go out again, the cars on the track were frozen and at the end of the session it wouldn't advance to warmup :confused:

Quick report for now....................

Damn that was possibly the toughest race in WTCC cars yet!

Probably cycled the pit menu 7 times in the first 5 laps to try and change to a 4 tire slick set for the stop only to cycle back to my original set on lap 7 when the rain came pouring down again! Always kept yuou guessing what was the weather going to do and what would the strategy be...

I'll cover my actual events notes later cuz I am just plain beat tna the hamster just went by my feet again! WTF!

Thanks to those Euro lads for waking in the wee hours to be here! Cannot tell you what it says about the experience here at ARC if your willing to be racing at that silly hour of the night!

FINAL NOTE; YOU CAN DUMP THIS TRACK FROM YOUR LOCATIONS FOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%