RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yes, everything is showing, I can get to the track in a practice or race way, but somehow the Multiplayer function is giving up on me.
I'll give my computer a restart.

EDIT - Restarting didn't help one bit. I don't get it, it has always worked for me. I could always get into a server.

• Adam Richards

Thanks for signing me up David but having major issues with getting the track to work, all my others are but this one is playing up. Ill pull out now so its not as much of a hassle.

I look forward to the next race however!

:thanks: Remco for the event, hope you can get your lags away - which i notice race 2:clover:

Had a few black screens during race 2 due to video drivers :frown: Never had this before but since I did some updates this week I suffer this kind of lag. Good reason to dispose the Nvidia and get myself an ATI :) Or just change the drivers...Anyway I have to sort it out this week as for the RDGTC and Enduro event next weekend for sure.

In quali everything came together and did my fastest lap of the day which gave me 3rd place.
Had a not so good start at race 1 and lost 1 or 2 places. The first 8 laps I could hang on to 4th in front of me but my setup was not as stable I expected and my laptimes drop with 1 or 2 seconds. Pitted in lap 10 I believe and from there on I drove alone to the finish in 5th.

Start of the second race was not good at all and spun in the second corner which gave me last place. My pace was quicker then the first race and had some nice little fights to get to 4th place. Then had 2 black screens and lost 2 or 3 places. Went to the pit and was driving alone till the last 12min. Again I was struggling with the car in the last laps and have to give up my 4th place and crossed the line on 5th.

Had good fun guys and what I've seen fair racing :thumb: see you next time :)

had a good Qual of 1.25.111 which was a PB for me
R1 lost it on L1 and lost splitter and susp damage.... 10th in the end
R2 small mistakes cost me about 5 places and ended in 9th

great racing and thx for waiting Bob even tho it was more my mistake that caused the tap...

Cheers Dave and well done Podies!

Once again I have wasted a couple of hours of my life to race with some very good, clean individuals mixed in with a bunch of complete idiots. I am now going to have to spend my afternoon making videos of all the incidents I had inflicted on me. I'll also make a video of how to drive behind someone because some people haven't a clue. :mad:

Qualifying was good. Just about matched my best offline time to nab 1st from Dan :cool: Wasn't much of an advantage though as the grid is just like the one at Oulton Park so I was on the outside with Dan right next to me :frown:

Got a good start so I could take it nice and easy through T1/2. From there I was driving nice and carefully, taking smooth lines and not braking too hard. I was a bit slow through the last section so the pack kept closing up down the straight but never close enough to cause me massive problems. After a few laps Miguel was at the front of the pack and he kept coming real close down the straight. I always went for the inside line into T2 so he couldn't pass. For some reason he kept hitting me, mainly through T2 and on lap 5 I think it was he hit me three times through T2 and on lap 6 he punted me across the grass so I went from 1st to 4th. From there I had a Honda in front of me. I worked out he was being lapped but for some unknown reason he wouldn't get out of my way so I ended up tapping him, having to wait and losing touch with the leaders.

My tyre saving tactics paid off in the pitstops. I gained ~8 seconds on the leaders to get up into 3rd, around 4 seconds behind 1st. I was following Marius when he past a back-marker. That guy then smashed into me, breaking my suspension and sending me down to 6th behind Paul. I followed him to the end but I couldn't pass. There were a few hairy moments through the corkscrew where he went wide and I had to hit the brakes but it was good until the end.

Race 2, 3rd and on the bloomin outside again. Good start though and I was up into 2nd by T1. Was following 1st closely and in the last section I got a better exit so had an overlap into T1. I broke a little early to see what he would do and as he used a slightly wide line I went for the inside into T1 to apply pressure into T2/3. Instead I got hit because I think the other guy spun into me and then about a foot off the racing line my right front got hit by a Seat breaking my suspension. I was in 5th now I think and losing touch with the leaders as my car felt terrible. On lap 8 I pitted for tyres and repairs and started putting some low 1:23s down. I somehow leap-frogged Matt and was maybe pushing for a podium when a Seat and BMW had a bit of a hoo-hah into T1 and the Seat just decided to park it on the racing line in T1 to wait and I went straight into him totalling my car for a DNF.

My way of thinking on public servers is that all Seat drivers are idiots, shame that a few individuals on here like to keep that reputation going :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back