RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thx guys for the racing this morning at was fantastic again.
Race one had great fight with William which was decided in the pits.

Race two I must say sorry to Kevin, I watched the replay and saw we made light contact in L1 and you went off. Sorrym8 I didn't even know we touched. And then also to Darius for contact in L2, I missed my braking by a ball hair... sorry.
I am still having a issue joining a session with a custom skin. every time I get a minidump..it sucks.

Thx again for the good racing...:good:

Mark and Eric, a few question about your skin minidump problem. when did it started, was it right after Race On release ? and do you both have Race On ? and does it do it with all the cars you try to use a custom skin with ? is it possible to give me a link to get the skin you both wanted to use in this event so i can take a look at it please.

Mark and Eric, a few question about your skin minidump problem. when did it started, was it right after Race On release ? and do you both have Race On ? and does it do it with all the cars you try to use a custom skin with ? is it possible to give me a link to get the skin you both wanted to use in this event so i can take a look at it please.

Hi Yves.
I think it did start after I added Race On??? and even if I try use your skin I still get minidump.?? Here is a link to my skin pack anyway. Thanks Yves.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/down...indy-oil-1567/

Working this weekend, so don't know if I will have time for full race report.

Made a slight mistake at the beginning of Race 2 that ended up impacting others' race. I apologize for my misjudgment. I ran up closer to William in the turns after the kink than I wanted to and ended up sliding up over the right-hand curbs and back on track getting William out of shape. This set off a chain reaction that adversely affected almost everyone behind. After going across the track and spinning back across again, I thought I could inch back off the grass to edge on the track (to get some grip so I could better control the car). Got a little tap from Rhys that just made matters worse.

While I messed up royally, I am proud of the fact that having landed the pole for race 2 (after finishing 8th in the race 1), I didn't get smoked by the faster guys behind me on the start.

Note to Kevin: Was a little "peeved" about the race 1 tap, but that went out the window as I pressed hard to move back up to finish 8th. Then I had to go and do almost the same thing to William in race 2. What comes around goes around.

While the starts in both races were messy, I still had fun racing with this bunch.

The second race, I suffered some minor damage and the car kept wanting to drift to the left (especially under braking). I thought I could hold on, but by lap 5, I was losing my ability to brake properly and slipped over shot the turns after the kink (giving up a position to Eric, I think). Realizing that I would be more of a danger to others with the crippled car went in to pits for repairs (which set me back quite some time). Was able to get back out and claw a few more positions to finish 11th.

Handn't had mauch practice so "borrowed" the lacetti setup from Rhys and couldn't drive it. Tweaked and prodded until I had a stable set-up for me, not quick but stable.

Quali
royal mess, ran wide after the kink on hot lap. bye bye. Started last but 1.

Race 1, great start. was far enough back to be able to avoid the carnage at 4. up to 8th or something.

Gradually lost places from minor mistakes but managed to be consistent.

Positives, Nailed the pitstop and finished 14th up 5 places.

Baulked Kevin H one time coming back on track syr for that and let him through.

Race 2

Again fair start a bit of overreving but had excellent straight line speed.

missed the carnage again at 4 and made up a few more places.finally running in top 10. Nailed the pitstop and came out behind michael carver. from then on it was a good close race with him, Linius daniel wood and a couple of others.

finally settled on my own in 10th looking forward to my first top 10 finish. Then I came upon a back marker. Gave him 4 corners to move out the way (no blue flags?) when i did go for the pass he just drove normal racing line although i was already passing. whilst I was recovering Linus took me out (not his fault) and I was out of the top 10 to finally finish 14th as Will Yunck nipped me on the line, where I'd started.

Perhaps it was my inexperience in passing cars that are +1 lap or the other driver's inexperience when being lapped. I don't know, there were plenty of places where he could have just moved off the racing line and let me past. I really couldn't afford to be held up with Linus breathing down my neck.

Short Video of my fast lap on race 2 so you can see just how close the racing was. Very Pleased as I'd struggled to get in to the low 1:36's in practice. This was a 33:99

Yves,

Thnks for trying to look into this for me! I tried to use your NESTEA LACETTI skin but it dumped on me. It does work offline as do the otehr custiom skins no problems.

I do not have RACE ON and cannot say it started when RACE ON was released either.

My ATCC SKINS now dump too. However I have not used those skins in the ATCC since before the Watkins glen event.

First i want to apologize to Abdul for tapping u at the beginning of R.1. I didn,t even realized i had touch you man, sooo sorry for that. Only after watching the replay later i noticed what have i done. Thought i had just missed you by the hair width and then you got collected by the car behind me.
SO SORRY Abdul :( .
I will not be able to participate at the next friday event due to work but i,m looking forward to january and have reserved all fridays as a day off.
It is obvious i,m lagging behind all the aliens in the field by such a margin that even was thinking of abandoning the bmw in favor of FWD car so i can be more competitive.
I don,t want to be a mid field driver, i want to win!!! loool ( at least a few races :) )
I,m still a fairy newbe to sim racing having discovered GTR EVO a year ago so i can, like a good vine, get only better with time and practice. ( DO hope anyway ) :)

See you all guys and Thx to Yves, Eric, Keith and RD for the great fun i,m having racing with you. :)

Oh you will get better (but, somehow, so do the aliens, oh well)... Glad you are having fun and I personally feel that some of the best drivers in the bunch are the mid-pack drivers, 2nd place goes to the stragglers that continue to persevere until they can make mid-pack. The aliens? Well they are in a different galaxy, far, far, away.

From my past experiences online racing, in the good old days of Grand Prix Legends, I learned the only way I could ever hope to win was when there were leagues that were formed around like-talented drivers. Even then, winning was tough.

What I am hoping for, is that Season 2 of ATCC will pull in at least enough drivers to fill 2 servers. If this happens, I would like to see Season 3 divided into 2 leagues, Elite (a.k.a Alien) and Semi-Pro (us normal folks).

First i want to apologize to Abdul for tapping u at the beginning of R.2. I didn,t even realized i had touch you man, sooo sorry for that. Only after watching the replay later i noticed what have i done. Thought i had just missed you by the hair width and then you got collected by the car behind me.
SO SORRY Abdul :( .
I will not be able to participate at the next friday event due to work but i,m looking forward to january and have reserved all fridays as a day off.
It is obvious i,m lagging behind all the aliens in the field by such a margin that even was thinking of abandoning the bmw in favor of FWD car so i can be more competitive.
I don,t want to be a mid field driver, i want to win!!! loool ( at least a few races :) )
I,m still a fairy newbe to sim racing having discovered GTR EVO a year ago so i can, like a good vine, get only better with practice. ( DO hope anyway ) :)

See you all guys and Thx to Keith and RD for the great fun i,m having racing with you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%