RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USMC
Class: US Muscle Cars (race)
Track: Limerock Mountain
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (20:00 GMT)
Qualification: 30 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Special note
You need Race On to enter this event and you can choose any car in the US Mucle club class

Entry list:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Freddie Besems
  3. Martijn van Bommel
  4. Robert Hutchins
  5. Gary Lennon
  6. Sam Mehler
  7. Michal Szabo
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Sam J Simpson (maybe)
  25. Emilio Vrkic (maybe)

Nice event guys, like someone typed in chat, it had been since 2003/4 I raced in an oval kind of track (old Sierra game).

Although I did remember many of the setup & driving rules of the ovals, had to give a good look into a setup by Yves. Glad I did so as I had the RL suspension setup the other way around, thanks… :wink2:

Had a long freeze in practice (about 20 sec including reinitiating the visuals, alt-tab), luckily it wasn’t in race...

Position wise, this event would be all about 4th places for me…

Qualify (4th)
Managed to do a very high 45 in an alone lap…

Race 1 (4th)
When the race started I was a bit surprised by the point of acceleration of the front group so I lost immediately about 2 seconds to the top 3. Worst yet, 5th placed lost about over a second to me, so with 3 cars circulating together in front, me in a “no man’s land” in 4th I knew I would lose much time to the front and eventually be caught by the group in the back (5th & 6th).

But that wasn’t happening; I kept losing a few .1 sec here & there to the top 3 but continued to keep the gap to 5th.
Later Aponte with lack of top speed lost contact with the front 2 and I ended up overtaking him easily. Then while coming on a back-marker we had a misunderstanding and I end up hitting him strong in the rear. The result was I lost all the advantage I had over 4th & 5th but above all I too lost 3 km/h top speed (aerodynamic damage).

All this did was to spice-up my race as from then on until the end of the race I battled with both Nigel and Aponte for the final podium position. Both me & Aponte didn’t had the top speed but could turn inside Nigel at turn 4 so it was very fun and clean all the way. In the end Nigel defend well his 3rd spot and I come 4th.

Race 2 (4th)
I’m not a big fan of grid inversion but I can handle it… I think :p

The front 5 from race 1 I knew how they went about their race (lines & such), the "other" 3 (now in the top 3 spots of the grid) were a mystery… :wink2:

The race went way very well this time, as the cars were all tight together when over the start finishing line (fine job).
My plan was just to follow Aponte as I knew he was faster than those in front him; where he went, I went (line wise). Immediately I sow that this 2nd race would be “different”, as many people don’t follow the NASCAR tacit rule of keeping lines (inside, outside) above all when going in/out of the turns (yes, you may change lines, but if there is no one in/out of you :D).
A bump here, a bump there all normal & fun when tight racing… a few seconds later the top 3 wasn’t anything to be surprised with , Aponte, me and Yves. I was just thinking “let’s keep the train going guys, so we can escape that “mad bunch" back there”… immediately after Aponte car vanishes (froze on the track), not expecting it, for a split second I take it from the throttle in a straight, went from 1st to 8th with a few bumps on the mix. :crying:
Short after, when I was again in the middle of the “mad bunch“ had one of those situations where one can’t do much… once the contact is made, one become a passenger in his own car. I knew I would likely turn Emilio's car around, but I also knew if a took it off the accelerator in that situation I would immediate spin too, so kept it on and hoped for the best… behind, all hell broke loose for a few seconds :(.
Again from very early I got aerodynamic damage, again I lost 3 km/h top speed and again got involved in a race long battle for 3rd spot with Aponte (coming from his freeze), Martin with Nigel not very far. All close, all "clean" and giving room when possible… In the end got another 4th.

Congratulations Yves for the overall win and thanks for organizing this fine event and once again; wish everything nice for the “birthday boy” :good:

Special thanks to Nigel, Aponte and Martin as they were the ones racing most of the time very close to me. As I typed earlier, all very fun & entertaining :good:

Thanks everyone who took part, sorry to those who somehow got the “wrong end of the deal”, all in all it was one of the finest club events I’ve been lately, thanks.

...Unfortunately on lap 10, all hell broke loose. Up front, Joao hit Emilio, sending him spinning into the inside of the track, but he then... :party2:

I suspect you don’t “literally” intend your above lines (maybe you didn’t see the replay) but will just make it clear here so no misunderstandings subsist… obviously I’ve seen the replay.

It has been above 4 years I last raced in an oval like I typed above, but I did do thousands of laps around many of them in the past.

That turn in question is not one turn, but 2 (turn 2 & 3) and there is no line cutting the apexes in that way (like in the replay)… we keep the accelerator fully down and keep the constant radios… specially when racing with 10 other cars immediacy around (like mine 1/3 inside his inside). You can see how everyone goes about that turn and how he went about it on that specific time we went by there…. So in short I didn’t bump him, he cut in and I didn’t move :wink2:

Btw, if this was a normal track, non-oval, his car was more than ½ in front of mine, so yes, in that situation, I would have bumped into him and be the “guilty one”…. But not here m8 :wink2:

I’m not upset with anyone, far from it, it was a club event, had a few incidents, normal when “tight racing”, specially with many people like me who have not raced in oval for quite some time.

Had lots of fun, it was an event I did because it would be different from everything I did lately and it well worth the effort of doing 3 very different events in 4 evenings :good:

sorry for leaving in race 2 but my weel just gave up ffb motors are working but the weel is plain death no resistance or effects, at start up it normaly is moving the weel for calibration it just stays in center position while the motors are turning
going now to replace it had already a call with logitech

thanks for setting this one up Yves :D

• Sasha Todorovic

Take my Seat TDI, unfortunately I have to cancel my appearance because I have tomorrow WTCC race at the same time in another league.

I tried for the first time the Lada (yeah i know a little bit late but i didn't played alot Race on when it came out) but that car feel so "arcade" for me. More people have that feeling?
It feels not real if you compare it to the other WTCC cars. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%