RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

My usual Mini at Vara luck again.

First straight things went bad, P.Theron was sideway on left of track so stayed right and as I got near he reversed across straight in front of me, big lol, mirror signal manoevre. Suspension damage but carried on intending to pit with 50 mins to go then came upon 2 cars at T3 in a bit of a mess, 1 was just pulling away then as I slowed for corner the other started reversing onto track, this caused me to slam on and as usual locked up and bang, then someone came into the back of me and bang again, sorry for not escaping out fast enough.

Thanks Bram and RD

My race didnt lasted very long either tonight. The start was messed up by me i think as i had an extreme lift off oversteer moment ending up in the barriers :D After the usual suspension damage repairs i got underway again until i hit that barrier that we all hit at least once tonight (you know, just when you are slamming the brakes full after the straight :)) and the damage was not repairable. I fired my pitcrew and borrowed some frikandellen and I am enjoying the great fight for top positions ever since.

Great track, less luck :thumbup:

Nice to do a event with RD again, Mini's here are good fun !

Had a nice qually for what it was worth and took pole.

Race the pressure was on but was tad faster, lee managed to overtake me somewhere early on at 1st corner..suspension dmg o ye :S due to little error. Managed to sneak passed again and then get away till 2.7 sec. Then backmarker costed me 1 second...**** time in a corner I guess lol and zfu was behind me. Driving gently on tyres could outrun him but short stint on fuel forced me in.
This in the end costed me a ****load of time...I got back on track 7th and had to pass all of m as it seemed since none was pitting yet. Costed me ALOT of time but ye **** happens and ended up 10 seconds BEHIND zafu after he had pitted as well....game over from there and didn't feel like driving 30 min to try and close the gap. Could have worked out or not since he was doing good pace also.

Cheers !

Nice to do a event with RD again, Mini's here are good fun !

Had a nice qually for what it was worth and took pole.

Race the pressure was on but was tad faster, lee managed to overtake me somewhere early on at 1st corner..suspension dmg o ye :S due to little error. Managed to sneak passed again and then get away till 2.7 sec. Then backmarker costed me 1 second...**** time in a corner I guess lol and zfu was behind me. Driving gently on tyres could outrun him but short stint on fuel forced me in.
This in the end costed me a ****load of time...I got back on track 7th and had to pass all of m as it seemed since none was pitting yet. Costed me ALOT of time but ye **** happens and ended up 10 seconds BEHIND zafu after he had pitted as well....game over from there and didn't feel like driving 30 min to try and close the gap. Could have worked out or not since he was doing good pace also.

Cheers !

Im sorry Ries I had real bad lag going through the last set of corners. My Fault man.

Great racing to start with ... flew off the line, got from 4th to 2nd and was up Ries's tailpipes for a few laps (EDIT: after a short stretch in front of him on lap1) ... he stuffed it and I got the lead.
Held it for some laps but then I started losing time quickly (I blame my setup) ... made a mistake and Ries was there to pounce ... David was behind and getting frustrated (as was I) at my rapidly decreasing laptimes.
We scrapped for some more laps then again I made a tiny mistake and he went by.
Marcel was then behind and I made several back to back mistakes, not sure it was setup or not tbh but I started to get "brain fade" and he was then on me :(
I stuffed a gear change and nearly ended it for us both ... this was partially due to suddenly realising and panicking that I had recently changed my mappings for the pit menu buttons and forgot which buttons I had decided on ... big sorry there buddy ... finally I thought I had found the buttons so kinda decided it was time to pit and see if a few moments peace in the pits would help me clear my head and get racing again.
Stuffed my pit up ... total mess, though my pit box was behind another car so stopped it short and stalled it ... fumblings and getting it started and stuff cost forever ... eventually I found the ignition moved forward 3 metres, then found the pit menu, and then the confirm button ... and going from bad to worse, I stalled the car setting off :rolleyes:
Out on track I was now in 10th ... my tyres working well but I started feeling very tired (been a long tiring week of sick kids, late nights and early mornings) ... I was chasing Yves down from 3.7 seconds and after a few laps got on his rear bumper ... after following him for a while I suddenly checked out again ... real real sorry mate. Arse ended your car and made a strategic decision that it would be safer if I quit now before I did any more stupid things.

Was fun whilst my head was in it but tonight ... it seems I was just too knackered to race.
Thanks to RD and the admins, great fun being up front with Reis and David whilst it lasted, with some tasty battling going on thanks fellas ... just sad that I faded and wasn't up to the job tonight - EDIT: and big apologies to Yves and Marcel for my crap driving :frown:

im surprised i finished this one.

Strategy totally wrong. Strategy for a 2 hours race. So i would go for 2 pitstops.

Anyway needed only one, also for repairing a flat tyre and refuelling.

Then at the and of the race (about 10 minutes) i slowed down because i thought i was running out of fuel. But didnt, then tried to speed up again.,
But was already to tired and hit a wall etc.

Had some good battles and enjoyed this race very much. One of the heaviest till now, even heavier then the 3 hours races.

thx all for this great event.

Qualifing: 3rd place. I enter on the server when were 1 minute more from practice and i never played with Mini's on Vara Raceway.
RACE: When the race started,Lee pased me on the right so i was on 4th place after first lap.In lap 2 i overtaked one guy from the podium so now i was on 3 and i was chasing Lee and Ries.We fighted around 6 -7 laps but then Lee started to loose places after i overtaked him....it was pressure on him.Now i was chasing Ries untill lap 15 or 16(can't remember well) and he entered the pits giving me the 1st place.In lap 20 i made my Pit Stop for refuel and tyre change and i entered the track wright in front of him with 7 seconds.The rest of the race was 1st place for me (don't know what happened with Ries but he left the game in lap 23 i think) in front of Marcel Vd Aa who was quite far away from me (first 20 seconds and in last lap 35sec difference). I made one stupid big mistake in this race: I stardet with full fuel tank because i haven't time to calculate how much fuel i need untill first pit stop so i was much heavier than others i think. :biggrin:

No more words...just...No Comment! Briliant race and great fight out there due to Ries and Lee. Thank you Bram and RaceDepartment for organising those kind of Mini's events! :cool:

Nice race guys, thank you all!

James: Really good fight! You defended really well! Sorry for the hit when I first tried to pass you, I wasn't careful enough, and we both lost time on that. The fight through corners was really awesome though!:)

David: You don't need to say sorry for that accident! You tried everything, but I think my reaction was too slow, so it's my fault. I felt really sorry after that as I thought I killed your car. It was an unlucky incident.

Thx Bram and RD for the event!

yet another great mini race, qualified 6th.

Race: got a great launch and was soon past Yves and Marcel, then at the left kink got past David for 3rd, but instantly got blue flag warnings i desperetly tried to make a gap but on the 3rd warning i had to let David past and Yves snuk by also. soon Marcel was hounding me for several laps untill i ran wide letting him through, putting me back in 6th. after 40 mins i pitted for 4 tyres and 18Ltrs of fuel and some how managed to rejoin on a few secs behind Marcel and after many laps i had closed to within 1 sec but by then my acent body started to complane and was struggling to brake cleanly as my knee had seized up LOL. but i was more that happy in the end to finish 3rd :cool:

big thanks to Bram and RD and all the other Mini fans, cya all next wek at Indy :biggrin:

I love the long Mini races, to me they're short endurance races and they're great!

I qualified poorly, but it's an endurance race!

I just tried to keep it on track and keep the fenders on. The suspension got bent up but I think on another hit itgot straightened again! Tires going off and tottally banged up bodywork slowed me. My setup was great, it did everything I wanted it to do, it just needs better guidance!!!

Never really close to anyone but great racing with Bert, Bjorn, Freddie, David and all the really fast guys that were lapping me.

Thanks RD!

... got past David for 3rd, but instantly got blue flag warnings i desperetly tried to make a gap but on the 3rd warning i had to let David past

No you did't mate - the blue flag warnings are fixed with the last patch!!! :cool:
You just get 3 warnings, you do not get a S&G any more (as long as the server is set to "black [flag] only" ... I got the same blue flag crap off the start line and it was such a great feeling to say "sod that" then totally ignore them and keep pushing :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back