RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

JIM Caravalho: Cool Jim we'll be here when you can gety in the seat and join us! I'll add you to my PM list of peeps that keeps you informed of whats happeneing each week here at the ARC!

Linus: Get some laps in now if you can these cars are pretty fast compared to the STCC machines we've been driving. tehre are atleast 4 setups for 4 different cars by me in the online files section of the game. BMW, VETTE, SUNRED for sure you'll find the best choices for this race.

BOB: Glad to see you signed up! It was your suggestion about the times that made the changes possible!

Caramidaru: Welcome to the american racing Club!

I have trouble with commitment. ;) Actually I have a RL situation that keeps me from making firm plans at the moment. Put me down as a possibility. I'd definitely prefer not to miss it. Thanks. This is such a great track, I hope we get a good turn out.

Jim

Firstly I like to thank Tobias for a full on experience of endurance racing & for adding a few more cars to the line up which gave the grid a more varied look. As many have pointed out this was more a race of survival than one of actual racing. My personal thoughts are that the weather file was a bit too extreme & had this been a real world race would have been stopped on safety grounds. Maybe next time not so much of the heavy rain as the game doesn’t have extreme wets to run on and the wets in these conditions just don’t work.

Now to my race report: Quali was a disaster for me as I never checked my setup before I went out. I had made a quail setup but as the session started it must have just been good enough to go out on slicks, will this is what the game thought. As I never went out until about 5 mins to go & after watching some of the others and the falling rain I proceeded out thinking I had the wet tyres on that I had saved with my setup. I left the pits and got to the first turn after the chicane and the car wouldn’t turn in which at first I thought was just down to cold tyres. After several spins I managed to get back on track but at the next corner the same thing happened. When I looked at my XD it showed the tyre temp at 95 which I thought I had a puncture which shocked me as I hadn’t hit anything. Went down the straight a bit but all was not all it seemed to be and the car was all over the place. At this point I decided to go back to the pits and hit the ESC button. This is when it dawned on me that maybe I was on slicks so after checking my setup this was confirmed. As I was not the only one caught out by this it did make me feel a little better.

Rule No 1; always check your setup before going out on track.

Now starting from just of the back row I made sure I had the correct setup for the race & as the race got underway I just took it easy to find out exactly where the car was on the now damp track. Through the chicane and up to the first corner and the two behind got past as I was being cautious with those in front & didn’t want to do anything stupid at this early stage in the race. On the third lap I started to push a bit more as the car was looking good. As the laps went by I started to overtake some of the back markers and progress was being made but still a long way to go. As we got to around lap 10 I noticed the tyre temp was getting quite high and by lap 16 was starting to think about slicks as now the tyre temp was hitting 200. I did see Tobias pit around lap 14 or so and I thought that maybe he had made this choice as he was now making progress up the field again. On lap 18 I was going to pit as the tyres where now taking a hammering and the track was just dam but as the lap progressed I heard the rain coming and thought good now the tyres will cool down and no pit stop required. I was due to pit on lap 26, I was on a 3 stopper, but decided to pit a lap earlier as the tyres where now going off and the rain getting heavier. After pitting I came out and after a few corners I thought I had made a mistake and taken the wrong pit menu as the car felt a bit strange. Again looking at my XD I noticed the tyre temp was low and immediately thought no not on slicks again but as the lap progressed the tyre temp was holding at around 145 so I thought I can’t be on slicks so it must be something else. By the end of the lap and with the rain even heavier now I put it down to the amount of water on the track as through the corners the tyre temp went up. I was now in the midfield and my times were down by about 4 secs a lap on my first stint and this made for a very nervous car. As the laps went down and towards the end of my second stint the tyre temp started to climb again as the track once more dried out a bit. It’s now lap 53 and my last stop but again the rain was falling and the track conditions were at their worst so with no tyre temp to make the wets work properly I just did the best I could & brought it home in 6th.

I was glad to finish this one as it would have been easy to give up or just throw it away doing something stupid. I had a few minor offs but no damage as I didn’t hit anything. The only other moments I had were when letting the leaders through as I went off line and this caused me some problems. My biggest scare was when Ross was coming up behind me going into the chicane and I caught the kerb on the inside and tapped the barrier on the left and thought my race was going to be over but I managed to catch it with a side impact so escaped with no damage.

As always thanks to all the back markers I passed especially Freddie, who I seemed to pass a number of times but it was always good to see the only other Mosler in the race. I must apologise to Caramidaru for the tap when passing you, I thought you were letting me through but you closed the door right at the last moment but luckily no damage done.

Grts to all podium finishers, well done in extreme conditions, grts to all finishers of the race, you all done very well in what can only be described as awful conditions to race in.

Big thank goes to Tobias for again putting on a truly awesome event and for all the work he puts into these events. Hope to see all at the next event where I hope the conditions are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%