RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

More spins than i can count, i tapped someone in opening laps, i span in the opening laps and someone hit me, and finally i almost ruined the winners race by spinning at the end of the long straight! Sorry for anyone who had the misfortune to come across me!

Disasterous 2nd stint, went too long on tyres (from the start to well over halfway) and wrecked my grip and pace. Spent most of the race desperately catching the car in front (Wuyt?) and finally did in the last 10/15 laps.

Still glad i finished the race in 8th but if i do a long race like that again i think i'll see if it's dry first!

you did catch me, mist 3 times corner, so stop and go, went in end accidently push enter, cancelled stop and go, had to go out end in agian.
this was verry demanding, think wont be able to do anything tommorow, everthing feels sour.
my setup was not so good, since it was enduro, so i wanted to finish.
sorry agian tobias you didend finish, had to watch the replay, to see who smaked in to me in turn 2.(about lap 60 i think)
dont think it was on my behave you did not finish, let me now outherwise :smile:
to everbody congratz for a swel demanding evening
qualifed 10
finished 9

Joied this at the last minute! Had an ethernet cable failure which cut my practice short quite a bit

This was fun but veyr demanding. Have to apologize to M. Chorneyz(sorry spelling from memory) I collected that poor fellow twice after I had gone astray! Rally sorry sir. I got my speed going ater awhile and turned a 3:02 in the last 10 minutes of the race. It was fun to try this circuit out and am already planning a GT Sports event on this monster!

Sorry to say we started with 17 but only started 12 in race 2 with 4 dropping out. I finished 4th and was pleased to say the least!

Thanks for letting me join up! Hope I didn't ruin anyone's day and wil be allowed to try another event in the future!

Cheers Europe!

Quali : P15 : Very big newbie mistake. I crash my car to exit pitsop. Then aerodinamical problem and suspension problem => impossible to do my quali lap.

Race : P1 : Very nice race. After the first pitstop i was 1th with +/- 10 sec of advance. After I managed my race to keep that advantage.

Thx to all for this great race and specially to Tobias :).

Regards.

Andreas, the difference between your first and second stint was the amount of standing water on the track. MoteAdd was hitting nearly 100% wetness on the racing line. Which of course means that you won't be able to carry as much speed through a high speed chicane as you were hydro planing. The track dried out a bit again towards the end of the second stint. Did start raining more heavily towards the end though. I too was sideways in nearly every corner and I can't even tell you how many times I spun. Crazy.

Great, but how can i see that in cockpit, is not possible. i only think why i´m now slow, what happen - it feel complete other from one to next lap. In GTR 1 & 2 you can see on the track how much water there is. In Race it´s really worse, so i will thinking about that before i join again such a event.

Great, but how can i see that in cockpit, is not possible. i only think why i´m now slow, what happen - it feel complete other from one to next lap. In GTR 1 & 2 you can see on the track how much water there is. In Race it´s really worse, so i will thinking about that before i join again such a event.
Believe me I totally agree with you. Was just trying to explain the cause of what you were experiencing. Not sure if there is a tool to show the amount of water accumulation within the game. I run dual monitors, so I have MotecAdd running on the second monitor with all the telemetry and game data, which helps a lot.

A very difficult race tonight- i needed full concentration to keep the big C6R on the track. Good job we had the long straight to relax on!
Qualified 8th with an average lap and set about moving up the order early on. Was in 5th or 6th after my first pit stop, and by this stage lap times were around 4s down due to the heavier rain. (I didn't notice the track getting any wetter in appearance, but realised what was happening because of the lack of grip!) Slugged it out with Tobias for the next stint as he overtook me 3 times but kept spinning out. Also had a llittle battle with Stefan as we both tippy-toed around the slow parts of the track. Emerged from the 2nd pit stop 3rd (2 retirements ahead i believe) with Tobias around 10s behind, but he unfortunately retired. (would've made the last 24 laps more interesting) Thanks for setting this up Tobias, congrats to Jaoa & Xavier who were in a class of their own in this race, and well done to everyone who made it to the end- an achievment in itself.

P.s: hats off to the lapped drivers for their considerate driving

Ross, wish I could have stuck it out with you and Tobias a bit longer. We had similar pace all the way down to the line. But I pitted early as I desperately needed to use the bathroom. Came out of the pits nearly a full minute down on you, so that was that. Was fun while it lasted though.

Now for my report.

First off, I totally agree with some of the others, this race was more of a chore than anything. I have a fair bit of experience racing in the rain, but never like this. To say the conditions were horrid, would be a compliment. It was like driving on a sheet of ice for most of the race. I spun countless times. For once the vette's bottom end grunt was more of curse than a blessing.

Quali: Upon clicking the drive button, I quickly realized that I had forgotten to lighten my fuel load and had join with a full 50 liters of fuel. Doh! Not that it would would have made much of a difference as I ran it really wide in a couple of the corners. I eventually crossed the line in a 2:02. Not one of the more impressive laps. I think I was 5th on the grid, but don't quote me on that.

Race: Got off to a pretty good start and was 4th by T1. Tobias and Joao had opened a small gap on me, but I was able to stick with them. Tobias slipped through on Joao, as he made a small mistake. I tried to take advantage of this as well, but being that I was passing around the outside and wasn't sure whether I was fully clear of Joao, I went really wide coming onto the back straight and had to let off in order to not chuck the vette down the road. This allowed Joao to close back in quickly and he slip streamed past me shortly after. I seemed to have a bit more pace than Joao during the early stages. I was able to brake later and carry more corner speed, however he seemed to be able to get better drive out of the corners. I could pull a couple of tenths on him per lap, but with the vette being so unstable in these conditions, I didn't want to risk anything in the early stages and let of off way to early coming into the high speed corners on a number of occasions allowing Joao to regain a tenth or two. Then came the first spin. Lost about 3 seconds to Joao, but was able to reel him in once more. Then the second spin, same story. Then finally came my one "big" mistake of the race. I was within about 8 tenths I think, from Joao coming onto the front straight and hit the gas just a fraction of second to early and rear kicked out and I spun nose first into the inside wall. Was a pretty hard hit, causing both aero and suspension damage. I decided to pit immediately. I rejoined the field down in 10th and was in for a very long 2nd stint, as I pitted about 8 laps earlier than planned. After everyone went in for their pit stops, I found my self in a surprising 3rd place. But with the rain falling hard and worn tires, I was unable to maintain a gap to those behind me. Had a bit of a battle with both Ross and Tobias for a few laps. I think was most the passing was done as one of us was spinning. lol. Having a desperate need to use the bathroom I decided to pit on lap 39 or so with roughly a 3 second gap to Ross. I had a very long pit and after everyone was done with their pit, I was down in 4th with nearly a full minute gap to Ross. Rather than focus on a pointless battle to the front, I focused on the gap to Yuri behind me. I was able to hold the gap steady and even a pull a little in some sectors, but another series of spins and off road excursion later, I had Yuri close on my tail. Had a fun little battle him for a lap or two when he, much to my surprise, entered the bits for what I assume was a splash and dash. With a 35 second gap to Yuri now, I just focused on bringing her home in one piece for the remainder of the race. Did have another spin or two though before crossing the line. lol. I finally finished 4th after a very long and exhausting race. I was actually happy when I saw Xavier behind me. Let him put another lap on me down the back straight, thinking "sweet, one lap less I need to finish."

I would like to try some wet races on other tracks (sprint format) just to see whether it was just this track that was so slick or if it is the GT cars in general.

Any ways, thanks to Tobias and RD for putting this on and nearly killing us. :tongue: Just kidding of course. Great job Tobias!

So endurance race....hmmm

I was dead last,dead slow just couldn't have the pace..i did a 2.06.4 in practice but in quali and race..just manage 2.09.2 so i sais to my self i have just to finish.
1 lap i passed someone and i was surprised for that..but imediatly i was overtaken..so desparatly trying to have pace ...the laps whent down,after a very late fisrt pit i was trying to right a sms on my cellphone and the i had an accident in wall after start/finish straight.
hope next one is in the dry

good race to all...

Looks like there was some good racing. I am so disappointed that I couldn't stick aroun. I tested the pitstop thing off line and it seemed to change tyres all okay, so I have no idea what happened in race. Shame becuase I was feeling very happy with my pace. Here is my mini race reprt :)

Good start off the line from 6th and was comfortable to hold 6th through the first half of the lap. Found out my setup was too conservative when I got onto the straight. 5th pulled away from me and 7th gained about 1s, just on the straight. Of course, come the corners, I clawed the difference back. 2nd lap I had a lazy spin int othe gravel and dropped to 14th....the rear got away under acceleration and I jsut couldn't get it back. ONly spun round to 70 degrees but the track being so wet and slippery off line, I couldn't encourage the back to come in line...After that, settled into a rytum trying different ines to fid the faster apce. Got down to a 2:00.9 my best lap and 3s faster than my qualy (not really surprising as I went on slicks on qualy...maybe a precurser to the pit problems in the race??)

I kept lapping in the 2:01 pace passing a few cars who seemed to be struggling in the porsches. Thanks to them for making it easy. Came accross a really slow moving Vette and dived down the inside on the haripin....Vette turned in on me to my surprise. Body contact pushed me wide and a Ferrari got past us both (Sorry about that, Mr Vette).

Lap 20, the rain got alot heavier. 4s slower as a result. Thought at first that my tyres were going off until I saw other's pace was about the same as mine. Held pace with guy in front up until my pit stop on lap 25. Then the problems strated. I stopped on point and seelected for tyre change and another 25 laps of fuel. But the confirm button was missing, I only had the pit request button. NO matter what I tried, it wouldn't give me a confirm button. So after 50s , I went out for another lap. Tyres now cold and fuel critical and gingerly tiptoed around and pitted again. This time, I got the confirm and waited for 40s whilst they changed my tyres and refueld. me. By now I was down to 15th again. BUt I knew something was wrong ass soon as I pulled away. The car was all over the place. I even got a tank slapper in 6th gear on the main straight. So I came bacck into the pits after 4 spins and missing every braking point and apex on the lap.....

The pit menu said I was on slicks...SLICKS!! Are you kiddinng me. So I selected wets again. They put slicks on and another 80ltrs of fuel.....At this point I had been in th epits for 4 mins and was 2 laps down and in lat but one place. I jsut couldn't get the to put wets on the car. So I had no option but to retire.

So sorry, because I was looking forward to this very much and loving the concentration required to run in the wet.

GR all and hope to see you all with the correct tyres on the car in another session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back