RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

terrible to drive in! these conditions!

don't now where i can find i little bit of grip, espacially coming out of the corners......

you have stick on the rubbered line, if you are offline there is no grip at all. Be patient on throttle, switch the brake balance more to the rear end. Tune in more camber to bring the tire temperatures as near as possible to 80°. I'm only ~10s slower than in dry conditions, it is possible take your time.

Unbelievable....pitstop wouldnt work. I tired everything, but it kept just saying "Pit in Request", no confirm. So I went out and did another lap to try again. This time it worked but gave me slicks even thogh I had wets selected. So I tried again, and it put all the fuel inagain and slicks once more. SO with 160 ltrs of fuel and having spend 4 mins in the pits, and still with slicks...I quit out. So annoyed!! Wtf was that all about????

From beginning i had a bad feeling with my setup. First stint went not so bad but in the end my car goes only sideways, was thinking that over rest 50 lapswouldn´t be fun. Pitted on P3 and go on wets ( i was thinking i was first stint also on wets and it go well). Unfortunately i don´t find my enter button (drive at my old PC) and stayed 20 sec to find them.
After i was out again it feels undriveable not to compare with before. I couldn´t accelaration out of corners only very very carefully which was maybe 5 sec slower on track. Because of this i got two penalties for cutting first shicane. I drove it like ever but it dont work, i couldnt hold the line. So obvisly i had dry tyres first stint (maybe from automatic tyre choice, dont looked). So i wanted back to pit to get dry tyres but before i spin two time, get hitted, after crash in pitlane i had no further motivation to run till end with damaged car and this conditions. Thats really no fun.

You never see what tyres are good, it was very wet to me, but the wet tyres that i get on pit had grip like on ice. I think next i let it be. The wether model in Race 07 is to bad to see if it´s wet for dry tyres or it´s wet for rain tyres.

OK here's my two cents about the event. AWESOME! AWESOME! This track never disappoints! The racing was clean and very very tough.

I q'd P3 and was very happy with that reult besting Stefan Werner in the final couple of minutes.

R1 I get a decent start and race well until I roll th car over and have top fight my way back for a 3rd place finish and a rare podium.

R2 I get a really bad start nearly stalling the car. I have to wait when I get into Glenn just a bit to send him sliding down the hill at T1 to the bottom. Dariusz had managed a spectacular pass pass there and I had to mucj momentum and not enough grip to keep of Glenn. I scratched and clawed for a 6th place finish I believe.

Finished 4th overall. Darousz and Setfan tied for top honors with Gegory degreef in 3rd I think.

But it was really great to see some new blood out there!

Michel Usal, Michel Hunter, James Chang & omer Said all made appearances and hope you guys will join us again soon!

The racing was just great! Starts here can be pretty dicey with that fast lafthander down the hill as the opening 1/3 mile of the circuit. Everyone showed patience and skill not creatiing any major incidents which was great!

Being a club event I heard alot of friendly chatter on the teamspeak channel and the relaxed atmosphere away from the pressures of ATCC events was evident. I am really having a great time club racing on a regular basis. It kind of renews the fun of sim racing fo rme and hope its more relaxing for you guys as well!

I put together a video of action from Race 1 real quick and tried to get everyone a shot in it. IF I missed you I am sorry it wasn't intentional.

Also, we have a nice 14 car field already signed up for the GT Sports at Mosport MOnday night @ 9:45 PM EDST. It will be a great event and I encouracge you guys to try this one out!

here's the link to the vid in 720 HD! select GP 200 and enjoy! BTW all other media is there from past events in cluding the GT PRO event from last wek at Watking Glen GP! maybe that wil tempt you a bit more as well!

http://americantcc.net/media/

cheers and thanks for racing with the AMERICAN RACING CLUB!

i think i beat everybody with the most pitstops. 10 i believe. Couldn't figure it out what was wrong with my car after the 1st pit and repair. (lost my hud)

But in lap 60 :smile::eek: i know that i messed up my pit menu. Didnt change my back tyres and my left back suspension. This was causing me a lot of troubles. Spinning around and made some scary moments for some of you i think.

So in lap 61 i had my last pitrepair and sorted the pitmenu and then i could drive a few decent laps again, but was 10 laps behind. (o my gosh)

Further it was nice to see the battles goiing on and lots of cars coming bye.

thx for joining

Andreas, the difference between your first and second stint was the amount of standing water on the track. MoteAdd was hitting nearly 100% wetness on the racing line. Which of course means that you won't be able to carry as much speed through a high speed chicane as you were hydro planing. The track dried out a bit again towards the end of the second stint. Did start raining more heavily towards the end though. I too was sideways in nearly every corner and I can't even tell you how many times I spun. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%