RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sign me up too ...
... since there was a server is up this afternoon I did some laps to do a "starter for 10" on the leaderboards (ie get a time up there for comparison purposes).
Dunno how good or bad it is, just had time for a quick blast and was on a pretty standard setup and fuel load, but all in all it didn't feel too bad ...

First BIG thankyou to Tobias Kluge & RD

Well having a mere not knowing if I would be able to race due to having to borrow a computer I managed to get it all sorted in time..

Quals P1 by 1.2secs (Very happy)

Race: "oh dear looks like the XD engine health bug" started the race with 66% health. So I just set about my own pace.. Led the race for the first 2 hours but was really starting to see the XD bug @ this point engine was dropping off in the 30's and was losign a whole heap of laptime.. finished the race with 33% health :(

But i got to the end P3 so I have nothing to grumble about, was a very long & fun event, I shall be taking part in future events along the same format..

Big thankyou to all the lapped guys. you showed true sportsmanship and drove a very respectable race :)

WD to all that finished...

See you all again :)

Well yet again Tobias u put on a great show. Track was perfect for this kind of race and weather file work a treat.

Q: 3rd, briliant.
Race: Matt took us round on parade lap, which was perfect, & then dropped the hammer on the last corner. We were off and those around took it easy on the first proper lap. Matt pulled a gap on Stefan & Stefan to me & Jack was just behind me. As things settled down Jack keeping the gap to me constant. As the laps ticked by Jack began to make his move, dam those beemers are quick, & the gap started to shrink. On lap 6 Jack got a nice tow up the long back straight and took me into the tight right-hander, nice move Jack. As I new this was long race I just hung onto the back of Jacks car and was waiting for him to pit. Meanwhile I noticed Andreas was now behind and starting to close the gap, abeit slowly. Now I was following Jack and the gap was constant but everytime I got really close I noticed I lost some front end downforce in the fast corners so couldn't make a move safely.

Also it seemed I would catch a back marker right in the wrong places and would loose some time to Andreas who was closing in on me. Now on lap 16 & with Andreas closing in I managed to get a run on Jack on the back straight and paid back the compliment and got him going into the tight right-hander, thanks for giving room Jack. On lap 18 I now found I had Andreas on my tail and noticed Jack have a spin in the right down hill bend after the start finish straight. In all the excitment I never noticed Stefan going off and now found myself in 2nd. Later on on lap 18 Andreas made his move, again on the back straight and overtook me into the tight right hander, seems to be the ideal overtaking place. Now the tyres were going off and I had 6 more laps untill I was going to pit so thought it best to hang onto the back of Andreas the best I could untill then. On lap 25, 26 if you count the parade lap, I now found Joao on my tail and we both pitted together. Unfortunately he managed to get out just ahead of me, don't know how & I still haven't worked out how to start the engine after the fuel has gone in, & we make a clean exit of the pits and into 7th & 8th place respectfully.

After a few laps I now found myself in 4th after the others have made their pitstops. After a couple of small mistakes, pushing hard to stay with Joao, I finally have a major off on lap 33 on the run down to the hairpin but managed to save a head on into the barriers and get away with going in sideways, few. Now at this point I have a comfortable gap back to Tobias in 5th & with a good setup and 1 more pitstop to make I just concentrate on putting together clean laps and mantaining my speed. Its now lap 40 and 12 laps until my next pitstop when I noticed on my XD that the engine only has 3% left, how did that happen? On lap 41 it finally lets go just before the pit entrance & I manage to coast into the pits, game over. Jack did you see all the smoke? lol.

I had a wicked time tonight even though I didn't finish the race. Thanks for all the grt battles, Jack & Andreas, very clean and grt racing by u guys.

Big thanks goes to Tobias for putting on the race, whithout him there would be no endro's, top man, Grts to Andreas for wining the event, grts to all podium finishers, well done, and thanks to all that showed up tonight and made this the great event it is. Hope to see all at the next one and hopefully even more will come onboard.

P.s. Sorry forgot to thank RD for hosting a grt forum and bring us like minded people together, cheers guys and keep up the good work.

Thank you Tobias and thanks RD.

Race this evening was a very big dissapoint for me. My M3 engine blows up after about the 10 laps although all radiators were opened??? It seems that 8200 revs was too much for the race :)

I also had little problems with my new G27 wheel and I still try to find better settings for it. The Wheel feels so strange after 2 years with G25 so it will take some more time to get used to it.

Anyway thanks to all and see you soon on track...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back