RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I can spin off at the top of the hill as fast as anyone else can.
Sign me up.

Seriously, I find that these two cars want to drag me off the dight side of the track as the top of the hill, just before the corkscrew. It doesn't hapopen with any other cars!

Great event.

Qually: as close as ever,lol.
Only just missed out on the pole,behind Yves.

Race: bad start,only just holding on to 2nd place at t1.
Yves went of the line as if he was struck by lightning.Spent the rest of the race trying to stay close to Yves but it had little to no effect.His race pace was unmatched, it was only because of a mistake he made that allowed me to slip into the lead.And just as i was thinking i could pull it off i had to slow down due to fuell crisis,short shifting, losing over a second a lap but it just didnt work enough so i had to make a pitstop 2 laps before the finish.
Totally messed up my pitstop,to slow on entry and in the pitlane while trying to change the pitstop settings,stolling the engine, to slow on the excit,aaarrrggg.
Came out 2nd but with floppy tyres it was just a case of making it to the finish and not even thinking of pushing towards Yves.
Congrats to Yves who was in a zone of his own this time around.
Thx to RD and admin. and all the drivers for this great event.
See you all next time

cheers

Thanks Yves for arranging the event.

Thanks guys for great racing sorry Omer and Yves not sure who touched the back end of me car but then in the mirror I seenone of you spin, I'm getting worse at racing, I wonder if it's wise I continue racing 6months and I've not improved on my driving skills at all.

Yves setup and my E30 felt good to race,a proper duff start and lost 2 places and quickly snapped one back,then stuck to Joaos back bumper for a while,a good few areas of the track i could really close up for a half look,but never enough for pass attempt,as the laps went by i decided to push more to try and get the pass done,which only resulted in some half spin moments or two,dropped to 5th and had some battle fun with Prib,took 2 attempts to recover back to 4th,then on the last lap at the Corkscrew exit Abdul decided i deserved a podium :D.
A much better start for race 2 but nowhere to go with it....wedged inside a red Alfa box! :),nabbed 1 place at T1 entry i think,and maybe another on the exit?....following another E30 for a lap then got a sweet run out of T2 and alongside for T3 and was sure i made my intentions as clear as i could "im going for a pass",but i felt a rub on my left side and saw the other E30 slightly distressed at the exit,sorry m8 not my intentions to touch ever in any passes,but i surely cant be held responsible for it?....
Big push on with Abdul chasing me as we close in on Prib,but only little bits until he gets a bit nervous out there in the lead,so eventually the gap crumbles and somehow along the way Abdul has turned in to a flying race one winner Swidey!!?...at the final turn Prib ahead makes a gash of it and i have to back out and brake hard not to touch him where it would usually be power on for a good exit,Swidey was in the prime seat to pounce and breeze past on the start/finish straight and onwards to take the lead,i get a move on Prib a lap later but no way i can close in for a late battle,the more i try the worse it gets :D.
Happy with 2 decent results in the Race/Evo series....its been a while :)
Thank you Yves & RD

Thanks fir the event Yves, RD!

Chris, you are getting better!

By the time race 1 came about I had a setup I could keep on the track. Not very fast but I could drive.

Unfortunately, my wife is away on a business trip and she kept calling during the race asking for help, etc so I had to get out of each one.
The TS guys probably picked up a bit of our chat as I forgot to turn the mic off. Sorry guys!

Next time!

Thanks Yves & RD for the event.

Wasn't really upto my usual standard tonight, couldn't really get a comfortable setup that I liked. Anyways still had a good night of racing and a nice chat on TS with Sam & Dennis, cheers guys.

As for the rest, race 1 finished 6th to my suprise after having to let the field go at the begining & race two finshed 7th. No problem with the rub Gary, all in a nights racing. First time that I have raced the 87's & I think it showed, will have to work on some setups.

Thanks to all that showed up tonight, without you there would be no racing, so thanks.

Another nice event on what was my 1st time at Laguna, a track I "know" well from TV but had never sim-raced there. The car class is one of my favorites (we “need” a mod that brings in the Sierra RS 500 and the Maserati Biturbo) but since the incompatibility glitch introduced with Race ON I hadn’t been able to race these for some time.

Qualifying (4th)
Spent more than half of the session working on my race setup, the 31 high at the end sounds reasonable for my overall qualifying effort.

Race 1 (2nd)
From 4th and due to being on the inside line gained a position to Gary, something I bet he "cursed" for the rest of the 1st race :p. Still early in the race, after a 2nd mistake from Yves, found myself in 2nd with a quicker Gary on top in 3rd. The 2nd race was fun as I’ had to deal with pressure almost all race, Gary was quicker for most of the lap, but unfortunately for him, at the few overtaking points of the track, I was quicker (very likely I had less wing).

In the end I come 2nd, a place well above my (event) perceived race pace possibilities and to show it the above 10 seconds difference for 1st placed Dariusz.

Race 2 (5th)
From 7th on the grid the start went well as I even climbed to 6th and gained the all important inside line for the first turn. Immediately after, at the exit of the 1st double corner, something weird happen (don’t remember what) and I ended up "squeezed" into one side of the track and 3 Alfa 75 went by dropping me to 8th.

It was “written” that in these 2nd race I would "taste" a little of what I gave Gary on the 1st race. The first 6 laps were “strong” but fun as sometimes we went 3 side by side into the last corner. In a race where my race pace was on average 1 second slower than in 1st race, I finely emerged in 5th with 4 laps to go and an almost 10 seconds gap to Abdul. The “fun” sort of finished there as not only Abdul was too far in 4th, but also Sam had problems and dropped a little behind.

Congratulations to Dariusz for the overall victory and the same can be typed about Gary's 2nd . Thanks everyone who took part and as usual, much thanks to all that raced near me as all was fun.

Thanks Yves for another good one and thanks RD for the server.

I have missed these cars since they were stopped in the late night friday sessions. It was a great event. Enjoyed it alot, the track suited the car perfectly. I spent of my practice and qualy fine tuning the car for the race. Darius on the other hand had this wrapped up but was sand bagging. I qualied 5th ot 6th I think. Early on race 1 I had pace to keep up with the front runners and ended 4th. The same position in 2nd race. The races were clean, fair and fun. I am glad I had the time to join. Gotta thank Mrs later.

Yves cheers for setting this up. Thanks to all participants and Swider well done for the victories. You sure do love these cars.

RD I salute you for the service you provide to us. Would have been possible without this place.

What a track, last time i've raced at Laguna Seca was 10 years ago with GT on Sony playstation, amazing venue, really enjoyable :)

Q: 2nd

R:1

Good start behind Yves till he makes a mistake and i,m in 1st. Driving consistently sees me with 10 sec. gap at the finish.

R:2

Much more eventful starting from 8th with great fights and people skidding off in front of me till i found myself in 4th chasing Abdul and Gary at their throats. Mistake by Abdul and i,m in 3rd. Put some pressure on Gary and sure enough i,m in 2nd at the end of lap 4. One more to pass and i,m in 1st again, building the gap to Gary and not looking back until the end.

Those are my favorite cars in the entire game, so much fun and so easy to drive. Lets hope there will be a championship one day at RD with those beauties.
I will be the first one to sign up :) :)
Thx Yves and RD staff for setting it up. If i,m ever going to have Monday off work again i will definitely join up for some more fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back