• 25000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

[US] GENTLEMEN... START YOUR ROUTERS! An online MP proposal

Pick your Day and Time-Band you're likely to be available online

• === PICK DAY(S) ===

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Mon

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Tue

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Wed

• Thur

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Fri

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Sat

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Sun

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • === PICK TIME-BAND(S) ===

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7-9am

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 10-12am

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 1-3pm

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • 4-6pm

• 7-9pm

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • 10-12pm

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emilio

500RPM
Jan 15, 2014
Hey folks!

Was thinking... since we've no clue on when dedi-servers are going to be released, why don't we get ahead and try to pick a "day" where we know that the majority of us can be online and so it'll be easy to race together?

For what I know, servers are standard-defined by S3S and they don't change over time, so once we identify a possible day & time it'll be easy to post a thread with the upcoming race on "That X" server.

The ideal would be to have 8 drivers on a racetrack... but hey, these "organized races" are less then the Club Races usually take place on RD so if noone can make it... no big deal!

It's just a way to let ppl know that most probably at that day and that time you'll find a good amount of people ready to race!

I'd say let's start by picking days and time-bands... once we've done that we can organize which event (and server to enter).

NOTE: This poll is related to the US. Note that the Time-Bands are CST so make your calculations! ;)

NOTE #2: This poll closes in 10 days! So hurry up and set your preferences!

Sean Kenney

500RPM
Sep 16, 2014
I am EST but I still can't play MP...my ISP blocks it for some sad and horrific reason...odd.

Aug 12, 2008
I am EST but I still can't play MP...my ISP blocks it for some sad and horrific reason...odd.
That is very odd. Do you know anyone else using the same isp ? You should get them to try it on their end if you do. Could be pc. I had issue with my onboard lan for my computer. The only reason i ever found out it was the lan was because i did a dump check and it was the lan. I bough a Usb3 lan adaptor and haven't had any issue since.
Try on a different computer ?

Heppsan

250RPM
Dec 18, 2013
Great initiative!! :thumbsup:
I leave the voting to you other guys though.
No big point for me to vote, I would have a hard time catching those times one week to the next.
Do to work and family times, my spare time is changing over the weeks.
But some days / times you pick I will probably be able to join at some point.

Emilio

500RPM
Jan 15, 2014
In the meantime, I'll put up a Steam Group for the US users.
If you wanted to be added please post your Steam Name below so I can add you to the list and once votes have been cast we can better coordinate with pop-up reminders :)

Reactions: Ryan Ogurek

Sean Kenney

500RPM
Sep 16, 2014
That is very odd. Do you know anyone else using the same isp ? You should get them to try it on their end if you do. Could be pc. I had issue with my onboard lan for my computer. The only reason i ever found out it was the lan was because i did a dump check and it was the lan. I bough a Usb3 lan adaptor and haven't had any issue since.
Try on a different computer ?
Thanks. The company I work for is our ISP, so they block it in some form...odd. It is def them.

Tried with a VPN, and I can almost connect, but something odd happens....anyone also using a vpn?

William Wester

1000RPM
May 28, 2013
Thanks. The company I work for is our ISP, so they block it in some form...odd. It is def them.

Tried with a VPN, and I can almost connect, but something odd happens....anyone also using a vpn?
You tried a VPN connection to which computer/network? A VPN is a point to point connection from your computer/network to another computer/network. The other computer/network must be specifically running a VPN end point and you would have the credentials to connect/log on.
PS, sorry if I'm commenting on something you are very familiar with (VPNs)

Tim Cannon

100RPM
Mar 24, 2009
I just voted. Saturday and Sunday is the best for me. i'm on the east coast in Canada. I would like to join the steam group also. Steam ID: BigFattee

Reactions: Emilio

Keith_G

500RPM
Premium
Mar 17, 2013
My lifestyle means that my free time varies but would love to join when possible. My steam Id is HoTwo. What cars are we talking about racing?

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Instagram

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Facebook

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 43 26.4%