AC URD T5 @ Imola, Thursday 5th Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I wrote in the conversation (still getting used to the interwebs, I guess) but had a great deal of fun today. Loved having @Dragos Haba as a right seat instructor - was very reminiscent of some great track days in a real car. Learned a lot and tried to have just an incident free couple of races.

Well... Didn't go the way I had drawn it up - particularly in Race 2. But... I'll be back for more and improved my times, just need to improve the race craft. Really liked the two race format, and the reversed rolling start is epic. Plus, it was perfect timing as I closed up the computer and was able to pick up my son from school. Good times.

@Marc i have to apologize, i saw on the Replay that i should give you a bit more space on the Outside in Lap 5 - Turn 1. I just changed my Resolution to 1440p today, its all a bit wider now, sorry for that it was totally my fault. :mad:

Apart from that, it was an great event especially the reverse grid Race. :thumbsup:

No problem @Falko Renner, were been some nice laps with you, that`s what it`s all about imo. My Setup wasn`t that good, am happy that i even had the chance to chase you a bit...
BTW great pace Falko & especially @Dragos Haba, awesome doing a 1.42.0! in Race and that move around me outside in the End... :thumbsup:
First race was really nice with @Tomi Manninen, apologies i touched you right after the chicane when Dragos spun, you haven`t lost any positions, did you? Was been the best chance to finally get beside you but i may could have been a bit more reserved as we were in a yellow-flag area?!
Haven`t watched the replay so far, @Si did i cut your line in T1 first race, just saw some guys spun behind me?
All in all another great Event, hope there will be some more signups for the next time. Thanks

@Marc I don't remember did I lose any positions, but that's not important. It was normal racing accident and happened at the heat of the moment:).

For the first time in my Racedepartment career I was leading the race in race 2, but......... that didn't last to long, hehe! What a pace @Falko Renner and @Dragos Haba had.. damn! I want your setup guys and quickly ;)! I had the feeling in race 1 in lap 7 I was pushed to the outside at the end of the very long straight, and ended up in the dirt/grass/shitload of mudd ;). It doesn't really matter but I think I mention it. I would have been overtaken anyway.. loved this race format! It would be nice to see more of these races also in other carclasses (Formula Abarth, .., ..)

Offtopic; Whats up with the Formula Abarth on monday thread? Is it cancelled or are you staffguys still considerating of when/what/how?

Grtz Martin ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years