AC URD T5 DTM @ Nurbs Sprint Monday 29th Dec 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had a great battle with @Ron Hämäläinen Right from the start I was behind him and battled him for the first few laps, then I overtook him and later on he pitted. After my pitstop I came back 3 seconds behind him, pushed for what I was worth, not even once driving a 1:27.* laptime... (WHICH I WANT SO BADLY) But I came closer anyways, closed the gap and with a hero move, almost T-boning @Frank van Oeveren (I wonder if Frank noticed) , I overtook Ron in turn 1 in lap 16, I tried to keep up with Frank but I made too many mistakes and altough it felt like Franks laps were sloppy, they werent and he took off. I quitted chasing him on lap 19 because I feared I would push too far and crash. If I kept it up and didn't crash I might have got the opportunity on lap 20 to overtake him when he missed the chicane and received a penalty. Unfortunately the gap was a bit too big and ended 0.7 secodns behind him.

Moral of the story: I didn't crash this race, which is a massive miracle for me! I am making progression in becoming a solid midfielder.

Question of the day: Am I too quick for the backmarkers, or am I too slow for the front runners? After Ron's pitstop I drove in the middle of nowhere, with nobody closing in on me and me not closing in on anybody...

Thanks for the event guys, more T5 is highly appreciated.

Really awesome and intense race, thanks @Frank van Oeveren for the nice battle :)

Unfortunately the fuel calculator made me fool so i started with way too much amount.
I just realized that in the middle of the race, so a quick tactic change was nessesary.. never the less great event, looking forward to the next one! Thanks @Simon Knight for organising!

PS: Who scared the hell out of us, in T2 heading the wrong direction?:D

Last edited:
Sorry simon for the contact,i had a big problem with the conection in the first sector every lap,really sorry.Sham have make a good qualy,but totally miss my start until the incident.It was a pleasure sorry again and see you soon ;)

I dont think it was you. I have seen Simon lagging (little jumping now and then) quite a bit. When you two crashed I was behind you and saw that it was a lag crash. But can not tell who of you was lagging at that moment.

I was having a hard time behind @Simon Knight the whole race. Nice battling. But it was very difficult sometimes to not crash into you because of lags.

And at the end Marc Brockmeyer (?) left me a little less room in the last chicane. But that was a racing incident. I don't blame him for crashing me. It was just a little frustrating for me after all these laps behind Simon. :D

Really fun cars!, but unforgiving on Braking hard !:roflmao:

I had a really good start ( usually i lose a place or 2) Over took @Lionel Gamet for 2th place.
Tryed to keep up whit @Marc Brockmeyer until he made a lil spun mistake? /5 sec penalty on the end of lap 1.

From there i had a lil gap to the guys batteling behind me, boring race for me after that tho, but hard to keep focused, i even spun a lil on last lap :p

Anyhow Great Racing Guys!

Thanks @Simon Knight for Organizing.

Really awesome and intense race, thanks @Frank van Oeveren for the nice battle :)

Unfortunately the fuel calculator made me fool so i started with way too much amount.
I just realized that in the middle of the race, so a quick tactic change was nessesary.. never the less great event, looking forward to the next one! Thanks @Simon Knight for the organising!

PS: Who scared the hell out of us, in T2 heading the wrong direction?:D
Was awesome indeed, great how our pitstops made you win :-D.

I had a great battle with @Ron Hämäläinen Right from the start I was behind him and battled him for the first few laps, then I overtook him and later on he pitted. After my pitstop I came back 3 seconds behind him, pushed for what I was worth, not even once driving a 1:27.* laptime... (WHICH I WANT SO BADLY) But I came closer anyways, closed the gap and with a hero move, almost T-boning @Frank van Oeveren (I wonder if Frank noticed) , I overtook Ron in turn 1 in lap 16, I tried to keep up with Frank but I made too many mistakes and altough it felt like Franks laps were sloppy, they werent and he took off. I quitted chasing him on lap 19 because I feared I would push too far and crash. If I kept it up and didn't crash I might have got the opportunity on lap 20 to overtake him when he missed the chicane and received a penalty. Unfortunately the gap was a bit too big and ended 0.7 secodns behind him.

Moral of the story: I didn't crash this race, which is a massive miracle for me! I am making progression in becoming a solid midfielder.

Question of the day: Am I too quick for the backmarkers, or am I too slow for the front runners? After Ron's pitstop I drove in the middle of nowhere, with nobody closing in on me and me not closing in on anybody...

Thanks for the event guys, more T5 is highly appreciated.

Haha ye, I noticed, but I didn't care too much, I figured if you hit me you would take us both out :-P. And ye after my pitstop I had way too much fuel and couldn't get back up to speed, but it was fast enough to stay in front ^^.

Start:
8954-1419885183-977992871c68d2cf53d7235b23d80759.jpg

8953-1419885182-5a366ba38768fb8ed460ffa6572b5dd0.jpg

Close racing with @Ron Hämäläinen
8957-1419885185-ae6003f3be5f63fc202582ac3c702827.jpg

8958-1419885187-94ecb2fe75dbae7dc349626c3c03bdc1.jpg
(I wouldn't dare to put my hand in that spot)
8956-1419885184-7804c24ab1e4379b6af828354f3d7f9f.jpg

Almost T-Boned @Frank van Oeveren
8955-1419885184-ee48e1750280f92975785645e9b2651a.jpg

Great race thank you all.

@Ricardo umas When you make your hero move I need to pull up my throttle, because there wasn´t no space to keep my outside line. I had 3 options. a) hit with you b) drive to the grass c) pull up the throttle and make a clean race. You were little bit faster so I think that you would overtake me anyways. Do you remember or know that in club races there is only 2 tires outside of the white line rule ;)... Anyway nice to have a good battle. I think that we were almost only ones who start with the soft tires and that´s why there was lonely between laps 5-15.

These are really fun cars to drive, I hope that next race is soon. An I think that fast cars need longer tracks :)

I'm surprised I was lagging in this event. I have had no problems since I wiped pc a couple of weeks ago. With a 100mbit connection, i7, titan and 16gb ram I don't know what else I can do. :mad:

Guess I'll just watch from pit road from now on!

I'm surprised I was lagging in this event. I have had no problems since I wiped pc a couple of weeks ago. With a 100mbit connection, i7, titan and 16gb ram I don't know what else I can do. :mad:

Guess I'll just watch from pit road from now on!

No one downloading in the house? Is the connection to your PC wired? What kind of router do you have?

Great race thank you all.

When you make your hero move I need to pull up my throttle, because there wasn´t no space to keep my outside line. I had 3 options. a) hit with you b) drive to the grass c) pull up the throttle and make a clean race. You were little bit faster so I think that you would overtake me anyways. Do you remember or know that in club races there is only 2 tires outside of the white line rule ;)... Anyway nice to have a good battle. I think that we were almost only ones who start with the soft tires and that´s why there was lonely between laps 5-15.

These are really fun cars to drive, I hope that next race is soon. An I think that fast cars need longer tracks :)
I can't recall a moment where I gained advantage by leaving the track limits, the only trouble I kept having was staying on track in turn 4. I'll try to pay more attention to it in future races tho ;)

And actually, I started on the hard tyres not the softs :p, I know I'd ruin the softs within 3-4 laps so I figured doing 5-6 laps on hards would be sufficient and then switch to mediums. My laptimes did not disappoint on the hards and I decided to empty my tank as far as possible which turned out to be lap 11, switching to mediums.

5th i hope,8th have a race already:O_o:
And about the race of yesterday it was fun,had a spin off and lost time.then in front Aleksander Pienkowski showt up and race to him.
But then the blue flag game up,and i was still in my race battle mind and quicker then a realist front people where there,and almost had a dangerous situation,sorry for that!
Ps, after that where was mr Pienkowski ?

I hope Racedepartment will host a championship soooon on DTM.

Last edited:
...And at the end Marc Brockmeyer (?) left me a little less room in the last chicane. But that was a racing incident. I don't blame him for crashing me. It was just a little frustrating for me after all these laps behind Simon. :D

Yeah many apologies for that incident @Ralf Ääro
Couldn`t go by that pack in front of me for a many many laps, nice racing until that stupid try from me :(
After quali i was a bit nervous as i never thought i could make it easy into top 10 and then... finally lost it in lap 2 by touching the grass slightly on brakes.
Nice Mod, thanks for bringing this up, where`s the next one :D
2:30 spun / 25:00 incindent with Ralf :notworthy:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%