URD T5 2018 tire bug

I currently have a weird bug that I cannot figure out. I purchased all the DTM cars from URD yesterday and everything is going well. I then took one of the 2018 cars to Road Atlanta and noticed that the back drivers side tire disappears when the car gets close to the replay camera. What is even more strange is that if I close out the race and rewatch the replay later, it will show the tire textures just fine. Anyone seen this before? All three 2018 cars show this issue. None of the other cars do.

I currently have a weird bug that I cannot figure out. I purchased all the DTM cars from URD yesterday and everything is going well. I then took one of the 2018 cars to Road Atlanta and noticed that the back drivers side tire disappears when the car gets close to the replay camera. What is even more strange is that if I close out the race and rewatch the replay later, it will show the tire textures just fine. Anyone seen this before? All three 2018 cars show this issue. None of the other cars do.
Maybe a screenshot of the issue?

It appears like it happens some at the Tochigi (Motegi) track as well. If I set up a race then the AI cars are fine. Only my car is affected. Sometimes it will only be one rear tire and sometimes it will be both. This is strange.

Try to disable "Advanced culling". I got to reproduce the issue with the same car on Brands Hatch GP after saving and reloading a replay, but it would only happen briefly for the front wheels on spots like Surtees during the default cam replay. It'd always happen at the same timestamp, as long as Advanced culling was enabled. It wasn't as noticeable as in your replay, so other optimizations combined could be worsening it on your side.
Screenshot_urd_t5_aura_2018_ks_brands_hatch_21-5-121-16-15-7_c.jpg

Anyway, if you get objs missing that should just be partially visible (most covered by other objects in your line of view), that optimization's excess could be the culprit.

Last edited:
It seems that the advanced culling was the problem. I was running fine with 1.74 and as soon as I enabled that setting, my tires disappeared. Deselecting it made them show back up. Weird how it does not affect the car on every track.

I doubt it was caused by Advanced Culling. Imho it has to be a combination of some settings and most likely "Advanced Culling" is one part of this combination, but not the only culprit. :)

I'm not answering in this way to offend you, never indeded. I'm answering because "Advanced Culling" was never active on my side (SOL2.1/CSP1.75p1) and I run into the same problem with a vanilla car, the Alfa 4C.

BUT ... this problem didnt happen everytime, so its a lill hard to figure out the primary culprit. :mad:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%