URD releases JTG500

URD released their version of the Nissan GT500. 3.80 Euro or 5.51 CAD. Nice car. Its also released for RF2.

Attachments

• JT500.jpg
    JT500.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 489
They're all on v10 tyres and the sounds work, but they may be missing some physics upgrades/adjustments from 2017.
Exactly. I was working this year to improve the physics, but there is still some work to be done. Still not fast enough, and cars are lacking grip (for example, at Okayama (RL and sim comparison), I did 1.22.8 (in latest build even slower), in RL pole was 1.18.1 from 2016.

Just for the info, how fast are Super GT cars, this year, actually 2 weeks at Motegi (JAP), pole lap was 1.36.3 by Nissan, in MotoGP this year also 1.53.4, and Indycar from 2011 (the only year they were racing in road course) pole was 1.38.3!!! SuperGT 2 seconds faster then formula car?! Crazy, right?

Exactly. I was working this year to improve the physics, but there is still some work to be done. Still not fast enough, and cars are lacking grip (for example, at Okayama (RL and sim comparison), I did 1.22.8 (in latest build even slower), in RL pole was 1.18.1 from 2016.

Just for the info, how fast are Super GT cars, this year, actually 2 weeks at Motegi (JAP), pole lap was 1.36.3 by Nissan, in MotoGP this year also 1.53.4, and Indycar from 2011 (the only year they were racing in road course) pole was 1.38.3!!! SuperGT 2 seconds faster then formula car?! Crazy, right?
Thats impressiv, i saw the laps at Hockenheim this year at the DTM Final, they are might be cars with a not that impressive engine, but that engine is crazy. So much faster then the DTM car with less Areo. Loved it

Im thinking about to buy the PX mod, for what ive been read here, its they "abandon" the project, and stills in is beta format for a couple of years. are the cars physics good enough, and there handling, proper quality sound also good enough to buy?
ive noticed that in the rF2 section they announces 5 cars, on the AC section theres nothing in respect of the number of cars of the package, AC as the same number of cars as rF2?

Last edited:
Im thinking about to buy the PX mod, for what ive been read here, its they "abandon" the project, and stills in is beta format for a couple of years. are the cars physics good enough, and there handling, proper quality sound also good enough to buy?
ive noticed that in the rF2 section they announces 5 cars, on the AC section theres nothing in respect of the number of cars of the package, AC as the same number of cars as rF2?
I've worked on a few LMP1s and LMP2s at this point (for either teams or manufacturers); the physics models of the PX cars are not accurate in the slightest. That said, if your aim is not realism, they don't drive poorly (i.e. disregarding their lack of realism, they're enjoyable), so may be worth the purchase.

If you don't drive the URD Porsche 919 and the Kunos Porsche 919 back to back you'll not notice any great flaws with the URD PX cars. On direct comparison, and assuming the Kunos 919 is accurate, you'll notice differences.

I bought the pack solely for the Nissan GT-R LM, it's just such a weird car and great fun to drive IMO.

If you don't drive the URD Porsche 919 and the Kunos Porsche 919 back to back you'll not notice any great flaws with the URD PX cars. On direct comparison, and assuming the Kunos 919 is accurate, you'll notice differences.

I bought the pack solely for the Nissan GT-R LM, it's just such a weird car and great fun to drive IMO.
The Kunos cars aren't particularly accurate either, but in any case, post-2013 LMP1 Hybrids have too much going on to replicate them correctly in AC (though I do think the Kunos cars could be better).

I disagree. If you would sell ten actual cars irl and only ship out five of them you would get your ass kicked. What URD did is nothing but promising things they've never worked on.
If somebody promises me 10 real cars for under 10 euros and then ships me five I'm still quite happy :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%