URD EGT mod issue

Hi, i´ve purchased the egt and px mod from united racing desing and every car is working but not the venom(dodge viper). I´ve deleted and redownloaded it 3 times but it is still not working. I get a crash when loading the game with the venom car selected. I´ve tried to contact the developer a few weeks ago but I didn´t get a response. I even deleted the whole game and reinstalled it with steam but it didn´t help. Is there a way to fix this?

I just got the EGT mod/dlc yesterday. Works fine for me. How did you install it? Where? Anything that can have an effect on Venom? Any mods? What track are you loading? Try with stock AC track, one that came with game.

I have tons of mods, tracks, skins, even for EGT cars. Game complains about some skins but it still works.

ok, i´ve tried to deactivate all ui mods and enable it one by one. It doesn´t work with map display.
The car works when it´s deactivated. Very strange since all other cars are working with it even the other egt cars. Thanks for your answer. I didn´t thought that an ui mod can break a car.

I see the loading screen with loading car1: venom and then i´m back in the menu from assetto corsa. Sometimes i hear for like 10ms the car engine before it goes back to the menu. I tried to start nürburgring gp after nordschleife and now this does not work either even with all mods disabled.

Funny considering myself and others have recently been complaining about crashes when adding the Venom.
Did you ever resolve this?
The dev was no help.

Reinstalled, redownloaded game and mods, deleted all My Doc and Appdata AC files, etc.
Only the Venom... it works fine then it doesnt.

@jsnfarrell If you find a better solution, let me know.
What I have found is that it doesn't seem to happen to me when I don't use the red skin and manually set opponent cars not to use it either. So it's probably an issue there.
Was about to message URD when I found your message here...
Maybe you could forward this info since you already have an open channel with them?

@jsnfarrell If you find a better solution, let me know.
What I have found is that it doesn't seem to happen to me when I don't use the red skin and manually set opponent cars not to use it either. So it's probably an issue there.
Was about to message URD when I found your message here...
Maybe you could forward this info since you already have an open channel with them?

Considering it.
Will give the skin trick a shot.

Was not impressed by URD's support so I won't be buying anymore of their products.
Sum it up to first impressions.

They said everything looked fine when I sent them a cropped screenshot of the log events leading up to the crash.
I have found threads like this about URD content dating back to years ago too.
They was nice enough to followed up any further questions with how they have no problems.

URD came around the new thread after I shared the link asking if anyone else had the OPs problem and left it at that...
even tho many including myself already shared screenshots and logs of the car causing crashes.

My impression is they have no intention to provide support or updates to their products and instead only want to keep their name clear so their mods make money.
It would seem they do not review screenshots or logs and are quick to avoid admitting the possibility their product was the cause.

URD's activity and update history, or lack of, alone should be a warning to anyone considering their paid mods.

Maybe I am wrong about URD...
I thought they were legit.
Already put $20 on that bet and so far it isn't looking good.

The issue seem to be happening only with CM and i have no clue yet what could it be. The EGT packages is out for years and was finished before the CM and done to run directly with AC only. Sofar i couldnt reproduce the issue so its an issue its hard to fix.

@
Cowoner
What red skin and what car exactly? You are free to mail us to unitedracingdesign@gmail.com

Jason mail us to pls again and for any support do use mail and not facebook pls.

The issue seem to be happening only with CM and i have no clue yet what could it be. The EGT packages is out for years and was finished before the CM and done to run directly with AC only. Sofar i couldnt reproduce the issue so its an issue its hard to fix.

@
Cowoner
What red skin and what car exactly? You are free to mail us to unitedracingdesign@gmail.com

Jason mail us to pls again and for any support do use mail and not facebook pls.

Content Manager (CM) was not on the computer during our support session to avoid complications.
CM has been a problem-free experience (for me)

If anyone at URD providing support recalls our session...
This is an issue in vanilla/original Assetto Corsa without a single mod other than the content purchased and downloaded from URD.

Per our previous support conversation
- It works fine occasionally.
Sometimes it takes swapping cars or tracks around a few times before the crash.
Only when the Venom car is used or in the AI list.
It takes more work to reproduce the crash on original AC than with CM.
Regardless, it is the same crash error.

I tested without and with CM, automatic and manual installations, a backup of the original game, and a fresh download/installation of the game with URD content per the below.
^
When I reached out for support I made it very clear many times that all folders:
- assettocorsa (game)
- assetto corsa (my documents)
- CM folder in appdata/local
were deleted and a fresh copy of the game was downloaded then verified via Steam.
At this point the vanilla game was then tested on the original configuration folder and files created when users first launch the game.
I even reinstalled drivers, ran updates, and reinstalled MS Redistributables available.

Same crash error regardless of the combination... on existing game/URD files and newly downloaded ones... not a single issue without the Venom between many trackdays and races, with other URD content, original game or with other mods.

Again, I have the entire support conversation with all screenshots and logs.
Then the information provided by others here:

It is a bit cringey URD contacting me directly today after my post above as if we never discussed any of this before... then posting here that CM is the reason when I was sharing original game crashes... no CM involved.

If this was free I wouldnt be saying a word about the issue since issues are expected.
URD has some great stuff... but this is just part of being a business whom charges for game mod content.

I am not too worried about the single car.
Just wanted to provide as much information as possible and touch on my first experience with URD.
The other content provided by URD has been great and I just disable the Venom if it gives me problems.
Will test it once in a while just to see if it was related to things like the recent Nvidia shader cache driver bugs and such.

Otherwise, take this all with a grain of salt URD... nothing against you guys/gals or the content sold.
Notice I am not asking for a refund.

My specs are as follows:
i7 5820k (stock clocks)
Asus X99 Rampage V Extreme
64gb ddr4 (stock clocks)
Nvidia 1080ti (stock clocks)
ssd (windows directory)
m.2 NVME (installation directory)
Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited:
I think its something in the data file we need to figure out that the game doesnt like right now and why it happens only to such limited people as reported there are 2 or 3 now maybe and this issue came up in last months.

• Deleted member 197115

Just purchased a bunch of URD content and Venom is giving me troubles as well, crashing before or when in game.
This is the error
1590809143809.png

There was a discussion on CSP discord on that
1590809258821.png

But unfortunately with the latest CSP even disabling Brake Disk FX (which is a workaround, not a solution) does not fix the issue

How is that related to the error reported? Can you run Venon on the latest CSP?
I tryed to reproduce the problem and i couldnt. Some reported the issue only with specific car. This cars are out for 6-7years now and this issue came out in last few months, its just strange one so im thinking if its something with csp and our old textures saving or so now...no idea sofar.

Considering that jsnfarrell reported the same issues on a fully vanilla install without CSP or CM, I don't think it's related to Brake Disk FX. Also, keep in mind that the CM "crash report" you posted specifically states "Error MIGHT have something to do with:".
What it shows are just the last few lines of the log, the cause of the crash might happen before those lines or not be logged at all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%