URD Detroit Fuel Consumption

Not sure if there's anything I'm missing but with 50 liters I can do a mere 10 laps at Silverstone GP while in the BMW M3 GT2 I can do 20. Is this normal? To me it seems like an oversight.

yeah I also realised that. The detroit bourns more than double of the amount per lap than the porsche rsr needs around spa. It is a dealbreaker for me. There is no way people would race with it in leauges etc with fuel consumption on. Somehow URD does not seem to care about the fuel consumption or they would have fixed it by now.

This car have many issues and it' s one of it.
My analys of this. Its not the fuel comsumption in car.ini the probleme wich is at 0.0042 compared to porsche rsr 0.0035.. The probleme is the whole engine setup. If you compare to the rf2 version the upshift is at 7000 maybe a bit less. In ac the upshift is at 7400. Only 400 rpm but the comsumption in ac is calculated with..
I have just compared this but i think there is more..
URD cannot translate data from rf2 and copy paste **** from old car lol
good car=better sale dont u think urd guys?

Thanks for the insight, really seems like they did a sloppy job converting this car from rF2 to AC.
I didn't immediately buy the car after it was released because I had some bad experiences with URD mods in the past but after they did an update I hoped everything was fixed and bought it only to find out they released a GTE car with double the fuel consumption than comparable cars which makes using the car in endurance racing, which it was build for, impossible.
Good job, URD.

I ve already fix some issues for the model part but physical part its other thing..
even the weight is not good :( and so much work to match real car.. All important ini need to be revised: engine drivetrain power suspsension..
Have you seen the real suspension of ford gt urd guys? i dont think so lol

I ve already fix some issues for the model part but physical part its other thing..
even the weight is not good :( and so much work to match real car.. All important ini need to be revised: engine drivetrain power suspsension..
Have you seen the real suspension of ford gt urd guys? i dont think so lol
you changed the model? could you specify what?

Like @Andreas Knöpke already said: You all are wrong in this :roflmao:
No we are not. You can test it yourself. We even have proof that the detroit burns more fuel because it is IN THE FILES ( as stated by kweel). You two could try to explain why we are "wrong" but I don`t think you guys are able to. Only saying that we are wrong without saying why isn´t very intelligent( the smiley kinda proves this ) and does not add any positiv or helpful things to this conversation. Please think before you write/ say anything and this world would be a better place. Thank you

Last edited:
No we are not. You can test it yourself. We even have proof that the detroit burns more fuel because it is IN THE FILES ( as stated by kweel). You two could try to explain why we are "wrong" but I don`t think you guys are able to. Only saying that we are wrong without saying why isn´t very intelligent( the smiley kinda proves this ) and does not add any positiv or helpful things to this conversation. Please think before you write/ say anything and this world would be a better place. Thank you
Calm down mate :geek: I'm just kidding :p
And yes I know there are some things wrong at the car :thumbsup:

Greets After_Midnight

I've confirmed the fuel burn as others noted as well. I seriously thought about not buying this mod because it was URD and their history has shown they don't delivery high quality content nor do they provide timely updates.

Looks like I should have waited.

I agree that the fuel consumption in this car seems very high.

This said ... isn't there a better place in AC than a race track to test fuel consumption? A nice straight, flat track or a very big flat oval might prove more accurate.

I'd guess the problem is the 911 RSR is naturally aspirated and the Ford GT is an ecoboost, AC takes boost into account in a straightforward way (extra pressure = extra fuel) so if they have similar fuel consumption and the Ford GT is at 1.5 bar it'll use 2.5x as much fuel. I don't have the URD Detroit to check though.

You right, it's like comparing pears and apples
You can compare with the 488 gt3 which also has a bi turbo. Ford consumes double fuel

Here the real consumption of the road version, just for an idea:

Fuel consumption
simulation based on the European type of traffic

extra-urban / city / highway / average combined:

l/100km:
10.5-12.6 / 23.2-27.8 / 10.6-12.7 / 16.7

mpg (imp.):
22.4-26.9 / 10.1-12.2 / 22.2-26.7 / 16.9

mpg (U.S.):
18.6-22.4 / 8.4-10.1 / 18.5-22.2 / 14.1

km/l:
7.9-9.5 / 3.6-4.3 / 7.9-9.4 / 6