Uploading Tracks created from Google Maps Data. Is it legal?

I have been working on multiple tracks which i created from 3D photogrammitry data pulled from google maps.
I really would like to share my work with the internet, but im not sure about the legal aspect of uploading edited 3D Meshes from Google. I also asked the support but i only got links to the FAQ and user forum, and i couldnt find anything meaningful what would answer my question.

Does anybody have an idea or already done this?

Can't really answer the question either....but I don't remember Google going around asking everyone on the planet if they could photo their homes and businesses from the road and space with their street view cars and satellites while scanning your homes wifi for location data as they drove by and use them for Google Maps and locating people even if their phone's GPS is off so in my opinion I would say go ahead and share. ;)

From what I've heard before, Google Earth data and screenshots can be used freely, as long as they're referenced as a source somewhere. It's why people can make YouTube videos on Google Earth without getting copystriked by Google. As long as you clearly state somewhere that it's from Google Maps, you should be OK. I have a feeling that Earth is one of those projects Google has let out into the public domain because of how useful it is to so many people and industries.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back