Upload files

Hi all I want to upload a mod on Racedepartment but an error occured so I decided to upload the files in MediaFire and then link to Racedepartment. Could you please tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance.

We don't support linking external files in the downloads section. Many years ago we used to but it quickly becomes a pain to remove dead links.

I'm happy to help you with the uploading issue. Can you give me some idea of the error you encountered and some information on the file (eg it's type, size etc).

We don't support linking external files in the downloads section. Many years ago we used to but it quickly becomes a pain to remove dead links.

I'm happy to help you with the uploading issue. Can you give me some idea of the error you encountered and some information on the file (eg it's type, size etc).
I want to upload a season mod whose file size is around 300MB and when I try to upload it it runs for about 80% and then the error box pops up.

I want to upload a season mod whose file size is around 300MB and when I try to upload it it runs for about 80% and then the error box pops up.
Hi there. I just had a quick look in the logs and there's no indication of a problem at our end.
I see you have uploaded an update to one of your other mods in the last few hours - any problems during that upload?

If you get any more problems, please screenshot the error you experience and attach the picture here. (It would also be useful to know how much time elapsed during the download before it hit the error.)

Hi there. I just had a quick look in the logs and there's no indication of a problem at our end.
I see you have uploaded an update to one of your other mods in the last few hours - any problems during that upload?

If you get any more problems, please screenshot the error you experience and attach the picture here. (It would also be useful to know how much time elapsed during the download before it hit the error.)
Hi there, I made a track mod (Pereira Customs racetrack 1.2) and it's 700MB. I understand the max is 500 but do you know if there's an alternative? please let me know
Derick Pereira SIlveira

Hi there, I made a track mod (Pereira Customs racetrack 1.2) and it's 700MB. I understand the max is 500 but do you know if there's an alternative? please let me know
Derick Pereira SIlveira
Hi Derick. I'll look into this and get back to you.

Edit: actually the first question for you would be: have you tried to trim it back below the limit? Most tracks fit comfortably into the upload limit.

Last edited:
Hi Derick. I'll look into this and get back to you.

Edit: actually the first question for you would be: have you tried to trim it back below the limit? Most tracks fit comfortably into the upload limit.
Hi Neilski, I already went from 850 to 700MB and I'm afraid it will lose all of it quality. It's still my mistake, I should have done some research before making it to detailed

Last edited:
Hi @Neilski , I actually have the same question as Derick.

I'm looking to upload Pacific Coast 1.0 on or around Thursday the 21st October.
Compared to the previous version, it's now much more detailed, and the size of the upload I want to make is 729mb.
Pretty difficult to trim much more out as the track is as long as the Nordschleife.

I've already cut down the size, from the Full version (with Two-Way Traffic / Mansion), by splitting these 'extras' to another separate download.

Any word on if I can upload a larger than 500mb file would be much appreciated mate!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%