Upgrading Sound

Sound is a big part of the experience for me and I am looking to upgrade from the gaming headset I got as a gift a long time ago. Since I tend to race at night after my wife goes to bed, I almost always use headphones. I'm perfectly fine with adding a Amp/DAC for the setup and they don't need to have a mic as I am fine running an external mic. I'm just digging into this, but here is some of what I am looking into now. Imaging, and comfort are big factors for me. Originally I was thinking open back but it seems like there are also good closed back options like the Beyerdynamic MX300. I have also seen a lot of recommendations for the Artic Steel Series Pro wireless. I had not really been thinking wireless would give me the same sound but I don't know much.

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD600, HD598 HD 599
Audeze LCD-1 or LCD-2
HiFiMan Sundras
Beyerdynamic 1990, 770 or MX300
Grado?
Maybe even spring for some Focal Elex

AMP:
Schiit Magnius
Shiit Magi

DAC:
Schiit Modius
Schiid Modi

Maybe the Schiit Hel would work well for both but I kind of like the idea of a balance setup with the Magnius/Modius.

Super quick email back showing they actually read my email, not just some auto generated response which has become the norm nowadays. I am going to cancel the Modius order and get the Multibit DAC in the Jot 2. Still not 100% sure about this but I'm pumped to just get something and start playing around. Feeling good about Schiit who has shown great customer support right off the bat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%