Upgrading my setup - advice please?

Hi guys,

I've got a Logitech G27 racing wheel and racing seat (see picture)

6OQEkq7MNLyX

I'm looking to expand my setup having come into a little bit of expendable cash (not loads mind!)...

I've got a few questions:

1) Is there a 'butt-kicker' out there that's a good purchase to expand that sense of 'feeling' when playing racing games? If so which one?

2) Is the G27 still a good standard of wheel to have? I hear a lot of good things about the Fantec wheels.

3) Do any of you use a wheel like the G27 on the 360? I've just inherited a 360 with Forza 4 and although it's a good game I'd love to play it with all assists off on a wheel that isn't made by Microsoft.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer.

Best Regards
Rob

Hi Rob

1 - If you're racing on a PC I would take a look at the Simvibe software - it allows you to add tactile transducers (including buttkickers) in many different configurations.

2 - The G27 is probably the best value wheel out there. IMO the Fanatec CSW and Thrustmaster T500 are a big step up from the G27 but then so is the cost!

3 - I think you'll need some kind of adaptor to get the G27 to work with the 360. The Fanatec CSR (and CSR elite) will work out of the box across all the platforms.

cheers
Anthony

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back