Upgrading from Fanatec CSL Elite LC or V3s to Heusinkveld Sprints: what makes you faster?

At the moment I am using the Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals. I am considering upgrading those pedals to Heusinkveld Sprints.

In a couple of videos people have said they became a faster driver when upgrading from CSL Elite LC or V3s to Heusinkveld Sprints. I was wondering why they became faster, because all three sets have loadcell brake pedals and have customizable rubber elastomers in their brake pedal to customize the feel. Does the hardware make the difference or is it the software, because with the Sprints you can create your own output curve for each pedal? I find it hard to believe that the fysical customization possibilities of the Sprints make the difference.

I would like to know from people who upgraded from one of the aforementioned sets or other Loadcell pedals to the Sprints: which feature of the Sprints do you think made you a faster driver (or maybe they didn't)?

• Deleted member 197115

No, it wasn't available when I got mine, they were still doing testing. I had damper kit though, replaced twice and still couldn't get rid of grainy, sandy feeling.
When adding all these extras, price gap between v3 and HE gets too small for the difference in quality.

Upvote 0
Went from V2 to HE pro and there is no comparison , feel and modulation are on another level.

No messing around with rubbers and foam , on the HE Pro i adjusted throttle throw and brake sensitivity at the start and haven't touched them since , that was over 2 years ago , and they still feel and function exactly the same as when i purchased them , very consistent.

I agree best investment i made for sim driving.

I value the performance of the pedals more than the wheel , so for me good pedals come first then a good wheel.

Upvote 0
Went from V2 to HE pro and there is no comparison , feel and modulation are on another level.

No messing around with rubbers and foam , on the HE Pro i adjusted throttle throw and brake sensitivity at the start and haven't touched them since , that was over 2 years ago , and they still feel and function exactly the same as when i purchased them , very consistent.

I agree best investment i made for sim driving.

I value the performance of the pedals more than the wheel , so for me good pedals come first then a good wheel.
Yes same here better than the wheel well better than anything like ever :geek:
never touched them since I buy them apart from take a duster to them occasionally!

Upvote 0
No, it wasn't available when I got mine, they were still doing testing. I had damper kit though, replaced twice and still couldn't get rid of grainy, sandy feeling.
When adding all these extras, price gap between v3 and HE gets too small for the difference in quality.

Aha.

The comp kit makes it a totally different pedal.

In terms of quality, I would love to try out the HE — because to my mind the V3s are pretty damned sturdy. They don't flex in anyway etc

I guess my point is — the comp kit makes it a totally different product compared to the spongy original — and I doubt that the difference is enough to make it worth the upgrade. (not that this was quite the question — but might affect those reading this)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aha.

The comp kit makes it a totally different pedal.

In terms of quality, I would love to try out the HE — because to my mind the V3s are pretty damned sturdy. They don't flex in anyway etc

I guess my point is — the comp kit makes it a totally different product compared to the spongy original — and I doubt that the difference is enough to make it worth the upgrade.

And what about the possibility to set custom output curves with the HE Sprints? Would that feature make the upgrade worth it?

Upvote 0
I also added 2x buttkicker LFE mini one each side of the pedals
Have 6 in total but 2 here with some custom curves I missed the vibrations from the fanatec,
I couldn’t remember if they made me faster or not was earlier last year when I bought them,
But just remembered the World Record I got in DR2 rallyx the day I buy I got them so must be better. :D

can u pls send me a Picture from the buttkicker LFE mini how u mounted it :geek:

Upvote 0
And what about the possibility to set custom output curves with the HE Sprints? Would that feature make the upgrade worth it?

No idea. I only have the V3s. My point really was that V3+comp kit probably isn't such a huge jump as LC pedals to HE — the standard foams are pure smoosh.

You can adjust basic curves in a lot of games anyway - at least the curve shown on this thread could easily be set in most anyway. You can also use this to do custom curves on any pedal; https://www.xedocproject.com/ (not actually tried it)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

If comp kit is a must for pedals to perform their best, why it doesn't come as a default or at least included in the package?

Upvote 0
If your problem is lap times, nothing will make you faster like practice will. end of story.
But if your lap time problems are due to not being happy with the braking zone on your pedals or feeling like the travel distance of your pedals doesn't feel right, that can be a separate problem that buying better pedals will give you more tools to fix.

And that's the biggest difference. Sure the build quality is better, but the build quality isn't the biggest difference from the V3's. The biggest difference is the level of customization. V3's are the equivalent of having the ABS and traction control settings of a no-option Porsche 911. HE Sprints are the equivalent of having the full on custom tuning of a GT5 race car. And HE Pro's are apparently the Ferrari GT3 compared to those lol.

But customization is something you have to know what you're doing to take advantage of. If the CSL LC are holding back your lap times, why? What part of the pedals is causing you to have bad lap times? Are you braking too late, too early? Are you having trouble feathering the throttle on corner exit? Are you miss shifting because your clutch isn't engaged when you shift?

Customization only helps those who take advantage of it. I'm an "out of box" guy, so for me, V3 + Brake Performance Kit at $300 was a great deal. I will definitely buy HE Sprints though eventually because V3's aren't "end game" for me. But I won't upgrade to HE Sprints until I'm fast enough in what I'm using that the V3's are holding me back. Because otherwise I'm just trying to use my wallet to make up for bad habits.

Upvote 0
That’s a great view.

I think I’d also add — is there a multiplier that more expensive items give you?

For instance, if you started out with Logitech pedals or HE Pro and spent 6 months practicing — how significantly better would you be with one or the other.

I’m pretty sure all the expensive kit is really only relevant on the plateau end.

Having said that - if the pedals make you practice more because you enjoy using them...

1592720214644.jpeg

Upvote 0
If comp kit is a must for pedals to perform their best, why it doesn't come as a default or at least included in the package?

Totally agree. Fanatec should have included them IMO. Also, you will read/hear they are $30...well...in my case they were $30 + $12 local shipping = $42. I am awaiting this upgrade to my Thrustmaster T3PA pedals to arrive. I hope you enjoy your Sprints. I wanted those, but still new to sim racing, and wanted to make sure I stick with it for the long term before I drop too much money.

Edit: To clarify. I am upgrading from the T3PA to the CS V3. Hopefully it will be a worthwhile upgrade, as I had to plunk down over $400 :(.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

700? They are listed at 577.99 and that perhaps also includes VAT.
And I have lost a hundred or two getting rid of almost brand new V3.

Upvote 0
Another happy HE Sprint owner.

I came from the Fanatec CS V3.0 with Performance Brake kit and it worked well, but ....

The throttle with the strongest spring was still way too soft for me and too easy to peg.
The clutch was the same. I couldn't feel the let off at all even with the stiff spring so it didn't feel at all like a clutch to me.
The brake with a Green and Red PBK insert was OK.

The HE's immediately gave me the stronger force I wanted on the throttle and clutch.
They are MUCH more adjustable in terms of travel, and power needed.
The brake does feel more consistent and I was able to dial it in so I got good trail braking (around 25% brake) with some pressure but without bearing down. They do feel very linear.

The only thing I wish was that the HE clutch pedal face had an option with a lot more curve to it. This wasn't an issue for me until I inverted the pedals, upright the pedal faces are fine.

Also the HE pedals are individual so I was able to mount the clutch and break on a sliding plate that I side to the left when I don't need a clutch and then back when I do.

Upvote 0
700? They are listed at 577.99 and that perhaps also includes VAT.
And I have lost a hundred or two getting rid of almost brand new V3.

I was taking the prices from the HE site — they are 600 excluding the clutch, 700 including it — so like for like with the V3.

Not saying the sprint pedals aren't great — but you have to be realistic that they aren't like for like on price.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I was taking the prices from the HE site — they are 600 excluding the clutch, 700 including it — so like for like with the V3.

Not saying the sprint pedals aren't great — but you have to be realistic that they aren't like for like on price.
1592935501301.png

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

It can't be VAT, can it?
Actually it says right there, INC. VAT on your picture. Mine is to US.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years