upgradig the rig need advice 80/20

Ok guys so I got hit hard by the sim racing game and addicted, I initially purchased a whole fanetec setup with inverted pedals and v2.5 base with shifter and hand brake, I also put it all on a Rseat N1 chassis and added a NLR motion V3. Welllllll I'm addicted and want to up the game significantly and sell my current setup (in the USA California to be exact) and move into a OSW with high end pedals and shifter alon with a precision sim engineering wheel.

With all this said the main reason I'm going away from he N1 chassis is I want a lower seating position and move over to a 80/20 rig. I really don't want to source everything out and build my own as I really don't have time for it. So I am looking at a prebuilt setup.

Current thoughts:
Sim Lab P1 but not sold on it
JCL V2, really lie the seating position but not sure about the wheel mount portion.

Does anyone have ideas of other great rigs that are setup great.

Also:
pedals I was leaning towards the HPP 3p PRX-se unless people think their is a cheaper yet better option.

It's hard to go wrong with the Sim Lab P1 chassis. You can save money if you want to order everything yourself, but it is a nice kit and I don't know anyone who has regretted buying one.

The HPP brakes are a bit of a question mark. There are many complaints about them on the Internet from people who had hydraulic fluid leaks and issues with the brake sticking the first time you hit it after a long straight away or after the pedals have sat for a while. The support is non-existent. You can send them back for a refund, but there is no help available. It least that is from what I've read. They are beautiful looking pedals that I also considered.

I finally went with the Heusinkveld Sprints which are less expensive extremely adjustable and very well supported. I looked at the Ultimates first, but everything I read about the Sprints suggested that unless you wanted extreme brake pressure, they were the pedals to get. They've been in a continual state of sold out since they were released in December.

I've also ordered the Heusinkveld Handbrake with loadcell sensor. My Fanatec handbrake feels flimsy and I've had issues with the potentiometer and transducers causing it to misfire.

I'm curious what you are considering for your shifter. By any chance are you considering the Pro-Sim H pattern shifter ? Pricey but very nice. I have the Fanatec H pattern shifter right now, but I keep looking longingly at the Pro-Sim H pattern shifter.

Upvote 0
To be honest haven’t made up my mind on the pedals just want a pedal with a realistic feel. As for shifters I am really in love with the sim Worx super car shifter... it just looks amazing will place it high up next to the steering wheel and is just amazing looking ( o wait did I already say that hahahaha )

Upvote 0
I have the JCL and i really wish i would have gone with the simlabs. i also have a nlr v3 and mounting it to the jcl makes me sit very high. atleast with the simlabs you can make the angle brackets like most of these guys on this forum have made and drop it down further.

Upvote 0
I was going to run the low seat mount kit on the jcl to help lower the NLR motion. Looking at the two as they come it looks like the jcl has a lower seat height aka high foot pedal base compared to the bottom of the seat of that makes sense

Upvote 0
Well jcl does sell a lower seat mount kit that would help keep the seat height lower with the nlr motion and also the pedals mount hight then the base of the seat as apposes to the P1 where the seat and pedals mount in the same plane if that makes sense

Upvote 0
The SRC-pro looks pretty good. I like the fact that the end caps screw into place. The adjust-ability is definitely there. I still think the Sim-Lab P1 is a bit more polished, but it is pretty well personal preference at this point.

It's all 8020 so you can easily modify either of them as much as you want after the purchase.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing