Upgraded to CSL Elite and FFB lost road detail

So I upgraded to CSL Elite wheel and the Porsche 918 wheel. Got everything feeling amazing in iracing. I play ACC and AMS2 sometimes as well and with ACC I lost all road detail. The car bumps over a bump but the wheel feels nothing.....bumps I remember for sure at brands hatch and mt. panorama. The mechanical feel and the quality for FFB is amazing but I feel like I should feel more detail in the road. It works great when I go over curbs. I tried dialing in road detail but it feels "fakey" is the only way to describe it. In iracing the mechanical feel is there but at Watkins Glenn a track I know well I still get the bumps in the road especially the one at brands hatch on the straight after T3. I do feel the curb really well in ACC but no road detail at all. I know it can be better on the logitech wheel I def felt what should be there. Thanks if anyone has any input.

I followed this except can't figure out how to make FF 150, in my fanalab 100 is the max. Played with DRI -05 to 0 with not much difference. I know get why people complained with ACC FFB on logitech it felt amazing but no road detail on CSL Elite. I also tried turning the ACC FFB up to 100 and it just made the wheel harder to turn but still no road detail. Thanks again!

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base +

• Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN Manual adjustment per car
  • FF 150 (this is a temporary setting due to the low in-game signal strength. Not recommended on other games)
  • SHO 100
  • ABS User Preference
  • DRI -05
  • BLI User Preference
  • FEI 070
In-Game Settings:

• Steer lock: 900
  • Gain: 75
  • Min Force: 0
  • Dynamic Damping: 100
  • Road Effects: 0

I dont know where you got those recommended settings, but they are wrong, i followed these (from the fanatec forum) and it feels good, for example the pit exit lane in spa, i can feel the bumps there. I think the wrong Sensitivitity and Drift makes the difference, i once drove ACC with the AMS2 settings, which are similar, except DRI and SEN and it felt very light and strange. If you are using FanaLab, there is a section with the recommended settings for the game, i think its on the last page.

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base +
Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080
FF 100
SHO 100
BLI User Preference
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

In-Game Settings:
Steer lock: 1080
Gain: 70
Min Force: 0
Dynamic Damping: 100
Road Effects: 0

Last edited:
So I tried those settings exactly and just compared to iracing still not much detail in the road. I can feel curbs and the overall resistance feels right but just very little to no road detail. Going to try to setup AMS2 tonight as well. Thanks for your reply.

So I tried those settings exactly and just compared to iracing still not much detail in the road. I can feel curbs and the overall resistance feels right but just very little to no road detail. Going to try to setup AMS2 tonight as well. Thanks for your reply.
The question is, since i assume most of us didn't drive a GT3 car, which is more "realistic". I would guess the lesser road details in ACC are more realistic, GT3s have power steering and are designed as gentlemen driver cars. If you drive your road car, even if its a sporty one, and concentrate on what you really just feel in the wheel of the road noise, its not that much after all.

I turned up FEI a bit and it feels better but definitely annoying that sometimes I can see the car visually go up and down and feel it in the bass shakers but feel nothing on the wheel.....it's only like one or two spots per track like most the FFB is working but its not perfect......good enough for now I guess I keep playing with settings.

The question is, since i assume most of us didn't drive a GT3 car, which is more "realistic". I would guess the lesser road details in ACC are more realistic, GT3s have power steering and are designed as gentlemen driver cars. If you drive your road car, even if its a sporty one, and concentrate on what you really just feel in the wheel of the road noise, its not that much after all.

I thought of that but being low to the ground you think you would feel more. I am dying to get in a gt3 car one day. Iracing feels how I would imagine it feel....not talking tons of noise in the feedback but there are a few little bumps I feel like you would feel.....overall very happy with the wheel.....and since the AI gt3 support for Iracing I'm going to mostly play iracing. Get my 1200 dollars worth lol. When I get a new graphics card ACC might be played more often again. It feels better now ACC does but definitively a few less bumps then would imagine and once or twice per track there is a visual bump without feeling it in the wheel and that is killing me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back