Upgrade to Triple Monitors - GFX Card Dilemma

I have been on an upgrade path with my Sim PC recently, one of the upgrades was to a 27'' Monitor (AOC 27'' 144Hz 1ms) And on a impulse I got 2 more at the weekend to move to a triple setup

My GFX card is a ZOLAC 980Ti (6Gig) and I'm aware that for my current game of choice (ACC) running 3 monitors with this gfx card might be a stretch - I have not had chance to test it yet im still waiting for the vesa mounts to get the monitors mounted.

I believe there is another round of gfx card updates in the coming months, so I don't really want to spend £££ only for a new card to be released.

So im thinking of looking on eBay for another 980Ti as an interim - then sell both after the upgrade

is it worth while or will it still struggle ?
can I get any 980Ti ?

Thoughts

Phil G

Last edited:
SLI is generally not recommended and doesn't work well with modern games. Some users on ACC forum have reported a 30% FPS gain after tweaking with SLI settings, so that's probably a best case scenario. Also make sure you have something like a 750W PSU if you plan to run two 980 Ti's simultaneously.

After a bit of reading, I’m going off the idea of the SLI route, I’m trying to justify the spend on a 2070 Super or a 2080 Super

I’m hoping that’s enough to run ACC on the triples with some eye candy turned on

Tbh you best off waiting until the 3080 series is released in a few months,
If you can’t afford the new 3 series the 2 series RTX will be much cheaper,

upto that point the 980 will power them just fine just turn the refresh rate down from 144 to 60hz and run slightly lower ingame settings,

or if you have the money to burn get a 2080ti but even mine @7680x1440 at 144hz with ACC is only pulling 60fps ingame but running epic settings in everything at that, everything is totally maxed out.

I’m all set up with my 3monitors hooked up to my 980ti, and tbh @ 1080p with some of the eye candy turned down it’s ok’ish - iRacing and AC seem ok as expected ACC struggles

I’m going to try and hold out, save a bit extra and get a 3000 series Ti card

Phil

I’m all set up with my 3monitors hooked up to my 980ti, and tbh @ 1080p with some of the eye candy turned down it’s ok’ish - iRacing and AC seem ok as expected ACC struggles

I’m going to try and hold out, save a bit extra and get a 3000 series Ti card

Phil
Any game I play im rocking 100fps+ AC I am getting around 160fps ACC around 55-60-65 which was max, R3E and such rocking 180-190fps RF2 about 120 or so, 980ti run most games on triples just fine ACC will be a struggle but the rest should do ok,
I mean at one point these same games was released a few years back and the 980ti was brand new lol at the time I never heard no one complaining then.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back