Upgrade from Logitech G25

Hi there,
Few months ago I got my first rig. As of now, I've been using my 12 years old G25 set which is still working flawlessly.
However now I'm considering to upgrade to something better. I'm sort of a casual player, so I don't want to spend an insanely amount of money to get professional equipment such as a DD wheel or hydraulic pedals, however I want to feel a clear improvement as compared to my G25, especially regarding the driving feeling (not worried about lap times).

I've been considering both Fanatec ClubSport and Elite bases as well as the Thrustmaster TS-PC racer.

I know the CS is better than both the Elite and the Thrustmaster, however the wheel base is 200€ more expensive than the other two options. For a casual player such as I am this might be too much of a price difference.

I've heard both the Elite and the TS-PC are quite similar in terms of performance and quality.

By the way, regarding just the steering wheel, I need an all-round wheel to be used with many diferent car types (Formula, GT, Rally cars...) so Formula steering wheels are out of the question (and I'm not such a usual racer so as to get two different types of steering wheels).
In case of getting any of the Fanatec bases I would probably consider the CSL ELITE P1 wheel. Sure it's not the best Fanatec wheel, but it's half the price than the other wheels they make, so it would be helpful to keep things within a budget.
In case of getting the Thrustmaster, I think I would get the TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition to have the all-round wheel I need.

Regarding the pedals, the ones that appeal to me the most are the Fanatec CSL Elite with Load Cell. They look like a good deal when considering they use a load cell and their price, which is significantly lower than the V3's, which in terms of performance are not that much better than the Elite pedals, according to several reviews I've seen. Thrustmaster pedals are probably out of the question due to the lack of Load Cell.

There's yet another thing to consider. My rig is like 3-4m away from my PC (I use a 3m long USB cable), so to keep things clean, it would be much better for me not to mix different brands of wheel, pedals and shifter. This way I can connect all the accessories to the wheelbase and just use one long USB cable to connect everything to my PC, instead of using 3 different cables across my living room.

Any tips, opinions or other options/combinations to consider would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Well it has just occured to me another way to upgrade my rig instead of getting a new wheel. I'm currently on a single 37' TV. Triples are not considered due to the volume and complexity, and also to avoid performance issues (I'm running on a GTX1070ti).

It might be a great upgrade in terms of experience to get a Rift S now that they have a 50€ discount due to the Black Friday week. I had discarded the Oculus when I got the rig due to their IPD limitations. Now however I've found out my IPD is larger than I thought (62mm), so I think I should be fine after all.
How will the Rift S run on my 1070ti, i7 8700 and 16Gb RAM in games such as Project Cars or AC?

Never had the oportunity to try VR before, but it has always cought my attention. Maybe it will provide greater enjoyment levels than an upgraded wheel+pedals

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back